Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

Darfur: Arab supremacy at its ugliest

juba   

i wasn't talking about Darfur brother. i was stating that some sudanese in the north(like the janjaweed) believe that they are arab or of arab decent and do not associate themselves with africa or as being african. They believe that they are superior to the ethnic sudanesse in the South of Sudan like the Dinka which is one of the bigger tribes.

Haddad   

Originally posted by juba:

i was stating that some sudanese in the north(like the janjaweed) believe that they are arab or of arab decent and do not associate themselves with africa or as being african. They believe that they are superior to the ethnic sudanesse in the South of Sudan like the Dinka which is one of the bigger tribes.

Well, I haven't heard or read what you have stated (care provide a link or two about it?) about what some Sudanese believe about ethnic superiority and their association with Arabs. That's not to say there aren't such Sudanese, but such people are found among every ethnicity or race (although they're minority). I have some Sudanese friends from various regions (Darfur, Kurdufan, South and etc), and what they state about what's happening in Darfur differs a lot from what the West report.

Haddad   

(before u do i warn u that these r "western views" and might be misleading

I was hoping for unbiased links, like Aljazeera.net.

juba   

and what makes aljazzera unbaised? becasue they are arab?!as i said before on this thread their media is just as misleading as any western media. don't be so trusting of ur arab "brothers"

Haddad   

don't be so trusting of ur arab "brothers"

At the very least, they're Muslims. I wouldn't trust a non-Muslim source, no matter what.

HADDAD -

I trust what's between my legs than an Arab homie. Don't preach none of that they brothers crap. This is political. Don't take it personal. They killing and displacing thousands of innocent people simply because they're Black. Whether Fox or Al-Jazeera said it, the facts are that: Arabs killing Blacks. Do you have the ability to show us otherwise? If not, I suggest you find a better defense for your kin..

OG_Girl   

People there is no such Arab vs black in Darfur!

The war in Darfur reason are rebels, cause the town had been used as a rebel base to loot commercial and aid ...And also they killed police men... So stop jumping on conclusion! If Arabs or Sudanesse Goverment wants to wipe out none mulims in Sudan they would do that long time ago.

Go back to your history books and see if Arabs ever wipe out any race any country they invate or controled by Arab!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Salam

NGONGE   

Ignoring this Arab/African argument for a minute, I find it very strange that the minute the Sudanese government finally agrees to make peace with the rebels of the South, this problem of the West suddenly appears! At least in the South, the issue of OIL is what got the two sides to sit down and agree on a settlement (with the sudden help of the United States of America no less). Now, the Darfuur problem raises its ugly head! Coincidence? A plan by the Sudan government? Rebels wanting to have a piece of the cake? African interference akin to the one in Congo? Which could it be?

There are many sides to this story, many players, lots of ground to gain and lose! Western powers have an interest in it (and in Sudan in general). The African mafia (of Uganda and its friends) is involved. Egypt is trying to join in, Libya is not that far behind. The Arab league (led by Egypt, again) is trying to show its importance and prove it’s not impotent. The African Union is trying to prove its competence and carry on muddying the water.

It is indeed an Arab vs African conflict, but not in Sudan. The conflict is being played in the media and halls of power!

Wonder if my somali brothers would want to discuss all of that rather than revert to their original cries of “waxa la yidhiâ€..... ;)

OG_Girl   

NGONGE, Good analazing!.. you may be right that there is Media war between Arabs and Other parts of the war. But isn't Ethnic or Religion War what is going on in Sudan... more likely Intrest War!.. Arab lost in Somalia for Ethiopians and Kenyian I don't think they let African to gain in Sudan! cause that is a threat for Arab Intrests!

Salam

juba   

NGONGE

quite right! which would it be?! i think oil is always an interest to the "superpower"no matter who they have to pretend to like.

Og Girl

u said "see if arab wipe out any race..."

They might have wiped out ours with all the raiding, destroying, enslaving, and raping! i actually think it would have been better to be wiped out then deal with horrible reprecussions of today and many todays to come.

OG_Girl   

^^ Where and when destroyed , rapped you?!!! You can't accouse people without evidence .No? Are you mistakken Arabs what happened in Somalia ???! These were your kind nothing to do with Arabs dude!.

Ajabba Rabbi :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Salam

juba   

^^what??!! didn't understand anything u said. Evidence! r u serious!! Everyone nows that the arabs did all of what i stated and not rape ME the AFRICANS in prehistory and !!! Arabs were the first outside infleunce to enslave, raid and destroy africans. that is my point if u misunderstood and it looks like u did.

Somalia?! i wasn't talking about somalia i was talking about all of africa when arab merchants enslaved our pple in the name of allah! (their view not the qurans)