Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

Second round Looks Tasty...but who will win?

Group A:

Barcelona

Inter

Bayer Leverkusen

Newcastle

Group B:

Valencia

Arsenal

Roma

Ajax

Group C:

Real Madrid

Milan

Borussia Dortmund

L Moscow

Group D:

Man Utd

Juventus

Deportivo La Coruna

Basle

The Real v Milan game, Inter v Barcelona, and Juventus v man U Look like the have been drawn up by a football dreamer like me can't wait to see the Match's.

I predict that Real 1 Milan 2, Inter 3 Barca 1, Juventus 2 man u 0, and Roma Valencia erghm roma 0 valencia 1 or 2.

RaMpAgE   

arsenal...will win....for sure...but very hard groupe....roma...valinca...and ajax...but iam sure that man utd would not pass second round...... :D

Lefty   

Easy Guys!

Where's my Seria A fans!

Inter Milan all the way!

Watch out tag team partner of Vierri and Crespo..They're serious and up to do some damage!

This is INTER's year! if not, I'll go Juventus and Real Madrid.

LEFTY u the man, yep INTER all the way.

actually i was hoping it would be INTER Vs REAL instead of BARCA imagine what kind of game would that have been?i'm gonna let u in a secret did u know no spanish team has ever beaten INTER at home and away i think you can remeber back in 97 who ousted the so called REAL MADRID yep it was INTER we beat them in SAN SIRO 3-1 a double from the great man himself ROBBIE BAGGIO after 1-1 draw in BARNABEU and on the other hand BARCA has never beaten any ITALIAN team on SPANISH soil so i guess you can clearly see who the odds favour like you said INTER all the way if not whoelse but JUVE,ROMA and AC MILAN and i'm sticking to them period.i'm out peace.

Roma seek home comfort

Tuesday 26 November 2002

By Tom Kington

AS Roma know that a first home win in this season's UEFA Champions League will not come easy against Arsenal FC.

Francesco Totti (AS Roma)

Mean machines

The Giallorossi are the only side in Group B not to have won their domestic title last term, but one thing the Italian side have in common with AFC Ajax, Valencia CF and Arsenal FC - their opponents on Wednesday night in Rome - is a mean defence.

Defensive strength

Along with Roma, the latter two clubs let in only four goals in the first group stage while Ajax shipped five, making them the toughest teams to break down in the tournament and hinting at some tight contests ahead. "Every game will be crucial in this round but with the determination we are capable of, we can take on anyone," Roma coach Fabio Capello said. "We'll show respect but not fear - that doesn't exist."

Respect for Arsenal

Capello underlined his respect for the Premiership outfit when he described them as "the strongest team in Europe right now". He added: "They are strong physically and technically and can change the rhythm of their game. Like Real Madrid they play attacking players behind a single striker, but they play more direct football."

'Attacking game' expected

His Arsenal counterpart, Arsène Wenger, stuck with the theme of mutual appreciation when he said: "Roma are strong, very creative and well balanced and we expect them to play an attacking game, but it's very important for us to earn points away from home in this round."

Totti returns

With striker Marco Delvecchio and captain Francesco Totti back from injury, and Cafu likely to play, Capello's lineup will have a more familiar look than the one beaten 3-0 at Parma AC at the weekend - a defeat that left them nine points behind Serie A leaders AC Milan.

'I'm no saviour'

Totti said: "Coming back from injury, I am really looking forward to this game, not least because it will be my first Champions League game at home. But while I have a bit more responsibility as captain, I am not returning as the saviour of the team." That said, it was Totti who scored Roma's winner in Madrid in the first group stage - and his absence from their three home games coincided with their failure to win any.

Top Gunner

Arsenal, beaten at Southampton FC on Saturday, are missing the injured Nwankwo Kanu and Dennis Bergkamp, who did not travel, and Totti singled out Thierry Henry as the main threat. The French international's wonder goal against arch-rivals Tottenham Hotspur FC ten days ago contrasts markedly with the misses racked up lately by Roma's stuttering strikers Vincenzo Montella, Antonio Cassano and Gabriel Batistuta - one of whom will likely play alongside Totti and Delvecchio.

Batitusta warning

Batitusta will need no introduction to Arsenal's players given it was the Argentinian's goals for AC Fiorentina which eliminated the Londoners from this competition three years ago. Wenger said: "He's a great player who can be decisive in decisive matches." Wednesday's match may not be decisive but if Group B proves as close as anticipated, a good start could make all the difference.

COM'ON ROOOOMAAA