Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

Arabs are Enemy of Ethiopia...because...

Bachelor   

Since we proclaimed the rebirth of our country as an independent State in May 1991 at Buroa 13 years ago, Somaliland has achieved a great deal by way of putting in place its own Constitution, established democratic institutions, its own currency with out external provisions and so on.

Yet, the international community still reluctant to recognize Somaliland although it has fulfilled all the requirements for Statehood. Namely:

Article (1) of the Montevideo Convention on the Rights and Duties of States, singed on 26December, 1933, provides that the State should possess the following qualifications: a permanent population, a defined territory, a government, and the capacity to enter into a relation with the other states.

There is no doubt that Somaliland possesses all the qualifications for statehood. It has security, commercial, and diplomatic agreements with her neighbour Ethiopia.

Similarly, its has similar links though to a small degree with the Republic of Djibouti. Interestingly enough, its people occupy the territory of the former British Protectorate.

We are worried about Somaliland’s statehood as being ignored for too long, because terrorism take root and grow when people don’t have the means to control their own government.

Today’s terrorism in the world has been linked not only with religious or ethnic extremism, but also with problems of poor governance, inter-state conflicts, suppression of freedoms and human rights as well as criminality etc.

On several occasions, the United Nations warned that Somalia was becoming a heaven for terrorists and for the smuggling of weapons including surface - to - air missiles. In addition to, the assistance of Islamic Fundamentalist Groups, strongly influenced by Egypt and Saudi Arab’s hard - line Wahabisim.

Really, all these things happened as the result of, recent killings of innocent humanitarian aid workers in Somaliland were organized in Mogadishu. So if a State like Somaliland is ignored for too long, the insecurity in Somalia could spread into Somaliland and in fact this will undermine the stability of the whole region , particularly neighboring countries like Ethiopia and Djibouti.

Today Egypt wants the African Union and Arab League not to recognize Somaliland’s Statehood and let Eritrea to remain hostile with their brothers in Ethiopia. However the African Union and the Arab league can’t overlook the fact that Somaliland has a strong case to back its independence since the Statehood of Somaliland does not contravene the charter of the newly-formed organization of Africa AU, particularly the inviolability of colonial borders.

Somaliland has the right of backing of the former African Organization OAU Cairo Resolution of 1964, which has ratified the sanctity of inherited colonial boundaries in Africa.

Definitely, the weaknesses of the former African Organization OAU permit Egypt, Saudi Arabia and probably Libya to commit impoverishing and destabilization programmes against the states of the region particularly Somaliland and Ethiopia.

Both Somaliland’s political livestock exports ban and Eritrea‘s hosting and training camps for several opposition groups such as ONLF, OLF are typical examples of impoverishing and destabilization programs in the region. So that if the newly formed organization of Africa AU is realistic their mandate they should have to find a political solution this violence.

Many Somalilanders including me can’t understand why Arab league particularly Egypt, Saudi Arabi and probably Libya ignores Somaliland’s right to exist. Are they saying the recognition issue of Somaliland may undermine or affect the newly formed Southern - Somali State in Kenya? I would argue that the opposite is true. The sooner Somaliland is recognized the better chance to restore peace, law and order in the South.

Truly the Arab league is running to find what they called a counter-balance of Ethiopia in the region in order to arm against us our brother Ethiopia again and destabilize the Horn of Africa. :D

Equally significant is that the Arab league is not so happy the bilateral relations we have to day our brothers Ethiopia as well as the use of Ethiopia our port Barbra. So that it is clear the Arab league is firmly, politically, and emotionally committed to the survival of the unity of Somalia. Let me say my words.

Our children’s children will look back through their history books with admiration and thanks for the Ethiopian people. In fact, an Ethiopia in danger is our danger. Any person, state, organization that fights against Ethiopia will never have our support. We shall give whatever help we can to our brothers Ethiopia as they did for us. On the other hand, unstable Ethiopia is not good for Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya and even the stability o f the whole region; Ethiopia is the heart land of the Horn of Africa.

Finally, we Somalilanders know our goal and we are determined to reach it. The independence of our country is nonnegotiable.

http://yementimes.com/article.shtml?i=796&p=opinion&a=3

OG_Girl   

In fact, an Ethiopia in danger is
our
danger. Any person, state, organization that fights against Ethiopia will never have our support. We shall give whatever help we can to
our brothers Ethiopia
as they did for us. On the other hand,
unstable Ethiopia
is not good for Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya and even the stability o f the whole region; Ethiopia is the heart land of the Horn of Africa.

LoooooL!!

Many of us want nothing more dearly than to see strong, proud, free and peaceful Somali nation and my self don't care about Ethiopian danger or their safety ,but once Somali develop their country and people are wealthy, loving one another under the Islam rule then I think many of our ethiopian, kenyian people will want to come to us and join!!.

But in our situation let us clean our house firs before thinking to bring peace to others :cool: :cool: :D

** Day dream, don't wake me up please ***

Salam

bilan   

if the writer thinks ethiopia loves SL then he must be dreaming, Ethiopia supports SL because they do not want strong somalia, not because they care the welfare of people who live in hargaisa or berbera.

juba   

you said "So if a State like Somaliland is ignored for to long the insecurity of Somalia will spread into Somaliland..."

since when did Somaliland became a state??

and since when was the "insecurity" of Somalia exclusive to somalia?

your ideas of autonomy and seperation will only hinder somalias progress. Division is not the goal here, UNITY is!

Caveman   
Originally posted by Bachelor:

Today’s terrorism in the world has been linked not only with religious or ethnic extremism, but also with problems of poor governance, inter-state conflicts, suppression of freedoms and human rights as well as criminality etc. On several occasions, the United Nations warned that Somalia was becoming a heaven for terrorists and for the smuggling of weapons including surface - to - air missiles. In addition to, the assistance of Islamic Fundamentalist Groups, strongly influenced by Egypt and Saudi Arab’s hard - line Wahabisim.

HUH? wasn't Ethiopia your focus point and stop feeding off from CNN, FOX NETWORK and other propaganda machines with these couch phrases "terrorism", "extremism" and "human rights" against Islam. Provide a conclusive evidence other then mere words that Somalia was become a heaven for terrorists, the whole world disproved that false theory which Ethiopia was the sole sponsored of those lies.

and let Eritrea to remain hostile with their brothers in Ethiopia.

HuH? Eritrea & Ethiopia are Brothers?…where are u getting this info? Reread history please.

Many Somalilanders including me can’t understand why Arab league particularly Egypt, Saudi Arabi and probably Libya ignores Somaliland’s right to exist.

Amazing! Its not only Arab countries, its the whole world that doesn't recognize Somaliland, may I remind you its only Ethiopian government. But, what is mind boggling to me is you don't seem to grasp the intentions of the Tegre Regime in Ethiopia.

The sooner Somaliland is recognized the better chance to restore peace, law and order in the South.

There, that is your whole thesis for this article say it “desperado for independenceâ€, just be blunt about it, No need to kiss the Tigre regime’s a$$, and spread hate for the rest of Somalis in a Online Somali Forum.

bilateral relations we have to day our brothers Ethiopia as well as the use of Ethiopia our port Barbra.

woow, you are even admitting they are using you for their own selfish interest.

Our children’s children will look back through their history books with admiration and thanks for the Ethiopian people. We shall give whatever help we can to our brothers Ethiopia as they did for us.

Talk about miss-educating kids, any though process going through you, when your writing here ? Name one thing Ethiopia has done for somaliland other then say "you are independent somalilanders".

I wished you would brag a different type of allied with you then Ethiopia, if I where you I would hide being an ale with Ethiopia, they can’t even survive, they beg the rest of the world every year just to feed their people, they can’t offer Food, adequate medicine for their own people, yet they are so land locked they have to use your port to survive.

One thing to keep in mind is I am glad most Somalilanders are not as hateful as you are to love and kiss the Tigre Government in Ethiopia at the expense and severing Somalis in the South, in the hands of Ethiopian Government.

Salam!

Later

LANDER   

Ali Toosane, I have no clue who this character is but as my cadan friends like to say *** kissing never got anybody anywhere. Mind you it's very much possible that a non-Somalilander wrote this article since I know the "haters" like to spend a good portion of their time impersonating Somalilanders instead really worrying about their own affairs. I've seen it many times before and surely will see it again. Back to this topic and the relationship with Ethiopia. Somaliland has one and only one true ally at its side; who will stand by Mandeeq through darkness and light, in sickness and in health till death due us part and that is the PEOPLE of Somaliland :D . Every other relationship we build outside our borders is to pursue the interest and well being of the state nothing more, nothing less. That being said, Ethiopia undoubtedly is an important actor and our number one trading partner, but the relationship with Ethiopia cannot be blown out of proportion beyond the mutually beneficial accord that exist between our states. After all, Ethiopia also supports many of our foes and that is not, and will not be forgotten.

Bachelor   

Caveman easy on Bachelor sxb, I am not the one who wrote this nor have a guts to call Ethiopians my first and foremost enemy that are oppressing my people "OUR BROTHER" . I just came across this poor article and decided to share it with good nomads of SOL.

Caveman   

^^Bachelor sxb I know you didn’t write this garbage, but I guess after reading this poorly written article my “Geeljire†blood started boiling, so I forgot to direct my reply to the original writer. Raali noqo sxb.

Salam!

Later