Sign in to follow this  
Yusufaddie

Where would Somalia be?

In a world were the muslim lands are united under one amir and honour and prosperity returns to muslims, were do you think Somalia would be? fighting amongst themselves, refusing to join? what?

Haddad   

Originally posted by Yusufaddie:

...fighting amongst themselves, refusing to join?

No. You see, there are quite many Somalis who are good practicing Muslims, who without outside interferences, would have made Somalia an Islamic state ruled with Sharia'. Because the West and some African countries (chiefly Ethiopia) view Sharia' or Islamic system of governance as representing anathema and grave risk to its existence, it's not yet physically possible for Somalis to adopt it. Ethiopia come on the brink of being totally overrun by Ahmed Gurey and his fellow mujahidins. It was rescued by the Portuguese. Ethiopia can never forget that. Similarly, the West can never forget the conquests and jihads that led Muslims to conquer vast lands across 3 continents. The atmosphere and environment for which muslim lands are united under one amir isn't yet that ripe or mature, although one can sense the effects of the global Islamic insurgency. Eventually, Muslims will triumph and unite under one banner (khilafah), insh'Allah.

Jumatatu   

In a world were the muslim lands are united under one amir and honour and prosperity returns to muslims,

Which World are you talking about, or is it a hypothetical question?.. :confused:

Haddad   

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

Which World are you talking about, or is it a hypothetical question?

He's talking about a very realistic and possible world. For the most part of the Islamic history, Muslims lived in such a world. The vast majority of Muslim people long for that world; what's holding them from it is their secular and Western-dependent leaders. This isn't something I just come up with; high ranking US intelligence officers/analysts affirm it.

Jumatatu   

I very much agree with you hadaad, but dont you think it is bit over-streched to say "In a world were the muslim lands are united under one amir " at the present time given all the reasons you have given. I mean I dont mind one being optimistic, though a little flavour of realism will be ideal.

Jumatutu the prophet said that the ummah will have the khilafah then kingship then oppressive kingship and then the return of the khilafah would come then the mehdi then the dajjal then the christ then gog and magog then yaumul qiyyamah. The beauty about being muslim is we know what our position will be in each of those times.

Rahima   

"In a world were the muslim lands are united under one amir "

Hopefully in our lifetime. I know it may seem far-fetched at the moment, but Allah can make anything happen right?

Blessed   

Yusufaddie,

If you look up the history of Somalia (wich was a collection of Sultanates) during the Islamic empire you'll see where it would be.

It was an integral part of the Islamic state, which was at war with it's neighbouring christian Amxaar state. The Ottomans, would actually send soldiers from Turkey to help in those battles. YOu had Arabs, Africans united under the khaliifa... Those days were good.

I'm pretty positive about the return of khilaafa and Insha Allah when the Muslim world wakes, up shakes up we will return to our former glory. Tis the promise of our Lord. Insha Allah!

The trouble with Somalis and Muslims in general now, is that they are too busy copycatting the kaafir political system to find a solution that works for them.

NGONGE   

In a world were the muslim lands are united under one amir and honour and prosperity returns to muslims, were do you think Somalia would be? fighting amongst themselves, refusing to join? what?

It will be invaded, conquered and forced to submit to the will of your so-called Amir. Could it be done any other way? :D

^^^LoooL

Somalis under one global Islamic Amir will be lost in the ocean of Muslims. I rather see Somalia maintain her Independence, but still be part of the Ummah by having closer links with all Muslims.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

I rather see Somalia maintain her Independence

her? Somalia is genderless. In this case, using its is the better term.

Xoogsade   

NGONGE has the best answer. They would be invaded and forced to join the islamic government.

CHE

The only thing Somalis will lose is the practice of bigotry and tribalism. They would be better muslims for sure. Besides, People/nations and comunities who were touched by the long arm of islam still maintain their culture throughout the islamic world. Islam introduced the perfect caqiida to people and left what didn't oppose its teaching in tact as it was found. Even communities who refused to accept islam but agreed to pay tax were left to practice their religions. That is why the oldest christian sects and judaism survived in islamic countries and are found in Turkey, Syria, Iraq and in Palestine.

Castro   

I'd say all of the above. Somalis are diverse enough to have infighting, refusal to become part of a khilafah or what have you. Eventually, Islam will win and they'll join but not before a lot of inner and outer struggle.

Ofleh

Xoogsade   

Ofleh, What do you mean by somalis are diverse enough? How are they different from each other for them to be considered diverse people?