Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

More confusion over so-called PL Agreement

Thankful   

This is getting ridiculous and you are obviously doing this with no commmon sense.

Afweyne is not the issue here, but rather your support for what he did. As a muslim talking bad ABOUT ANYONE IS BAD, not only the dead. Because Siad had such a huge negative influence on Somali history, it will result in him being brought up for years to come. Allah, can only judge him.

Now back to your support of him

Cadde threatened war

No that´s what dictators do, but when Siad was doing it that was okay! Maybe under his dictatorship the nation as you remember it was better, but not for the majority of us.

Puntland Parliament HAVE VOTED ON THE DEAL AND ACCEPT IT; ONE MINISTER EVEN SAID; THAT IF THIS DEAL EMPLOYEES 10 PEOPLE; I WILL SUPPORT IT. Every single member of parliment VOTED FOR IT TO PASS; EXCEPT FAROOLE. Look it up.

The people of Puntland have been told about the deal, EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT. See there are ministers who´s job it is to relay the presidents messages, and right now the president is undergoing medical treatment. 10 months in office and you talk as if everything is finished.

Jama Ali Jama is a coward? Well who had to run to Nigeria to seek refuge, because Somalia was too dangerous? What other person can´t step foot in Mogadishu even though everyone is telling him to?

It´s so easy to complain complain complain, always knowing the problem but not the solution. THE DEAL IS GOING THROUGH.

Originally posted by somalipride:

Puntland Parliament
HAVE VOTED ON THE DEAL AND ACCEPT IT;
ONE MINISTER
EVEN SAID; THAT IF THIS DEAL EMPLOYEES 10 PEOPLE; I WILL SUPPORT IT. Every single member of parliment VOTED FOR IT TO PASS; EXCEPT
FAROOLE

Do you have any idea how dumb you look right now? Seriously, go look in the mirror and feel ashamed of yourself.

There is a difference between the Puntland Parliament and the Council of Ministers. Members of Parliaments (MPs) are not members of the Council of Ministers. The Puntland Parliament has not voted on the so-called "Puntland Agreement" because the President Cadde admin hasn't introduced a bill for them to debate. Secondly, if you're contending that the Council of Ministers voted (which I doubt), the same question applies: Where in the Puntland Constitution does it give power for the Ministers to vote on an issue of such grand proportions? :confused: Do you even care for the law? Or is the fact that the Boqortooyo is back more important...?

Secondly, if you think - even for one second - that a Range Resources team will set foot on Nugaal soil without Faroole's blessing, you have a lot more to learn about the power of politics in Puntland. If and when Faroole speaks, remember that he speaks for the whole region of Nugaal. Remember also, during the PL presidential elections, all the Nugaal MPs voted for Faroole. He's the de facto leader for the people of Nugaal region. And all this cheap talk of oil exploration has only one target in mind: the Nugaal Valley. I'm glad Faroole isn't falling victim to the cheap talk of power and money-hungry individuals such as Gaagaab and Liban Muse Boqor. Ain't it strange that only a coward and traitor like Xasan Abshir (an eternal flip-flopper) rides along with Gaagaab and Liban Muse Boqor, lying to them as if he represents the people of Nugaal?

Cadde Muuse is quick to forget how he arrived into the Puntland presidency to begin with. But, forget all this cheap talk. Show me the day an Australian team arrives to dig in Nugaal region without the blessing of Faroole. Until then, I officially rest my case.

uchi   

Well said wind talker, we all know the oil is in the nugal region, so lets not play around the bush. Blah blah blah deal going ahead blah.

Anyways, today i will be heading to Range resources office in Melbourne to take some photos. Aparently the building is empty and has a 'For sale' sign on it, from what i have been told.

trevork   

Fellers,

You seem to know a bit about where the oil is and such. So I hope you don't mind my asking. From your posts I get the impression that outside of Nugaal there isn't much oil. So would I be right in saying that most of the oil in in other parts of Somalia, and not Puntland?

Range is leading us to believe they are sitting on an oil bonanza, but if most of the oil is actually in other areas, say, somaliland then I think Range may have lost a little credibilty here.

From Range's website, they've emphasised this part :

No one doubts that there is oil in Somalia. The only question: How much?

"It's there. There's no doubt there's oil there," said Thomas E. O'Connor, the

principal petroleum engineer for the World Bank, who headed an in-depth, threeyear

study of oil prospects in the Gulf of Aden off Somalia's northern coast.

"You don't know until you study a lot further just how much is there," O'Connor said. "But

it has commercial potential."

O'Connor, a professional geologist, based his conclusion on the findings of some of the

world's top petroleum geologists. In 1991 World Bank-coordinated study, intended to

encourage private investment in the petroleum potential of eight African nations, the

geologists put Somalia and Sudan at the top of the list of prospective commercial

oil producers.

Presenting their results during a three-day conference

http://www.rangeresources.com.au/docs/News%20Article%206%20October%202005.pdf

Also, would you guys know what happened to a team of Chinese oil explorers who were prospecting for oil in Puntland a few years back? (i think 2002) I see a few articles about them arriving to prospect for oil, but it doesn't what happened afterwards.

Thanks smile.gif

trevork   

Hi,

Range Resources and made this announcement to the stock exchange today, for those who might be interested:

TRANSITIONAL FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SUPPORT FOR RANGE AND THE PUNTLAND JOINT VENTURE Further to the Company’s announcement on 10 October 2005 in relation to the support Consort Private Limited (“Consortâ€) – Range’s joint venture partner in Puntland – had received from both the Puntland Government and the Transitional Federal Government of the Republic of Somalia, the Company is pleased to advise of the following subsequent developments with regard to the support for the Range / Consort initiative in developing all minerals and hydrocarbons in Puntland: ô€‚‰ Following the Contract of Work entered into between the Government of Puntland and Consort, the Puntland Government has officially sanctioned Range’s involvement with Consort and the Puntland Government and offered unconditional support for Range as it commences its role in managing the commercial development of all of Puntland’s sub soil resources; and ô€‚‰ The Transitional Federal Government of the Republic of Somalia has written to the Puntland Government acknowledging the Contract of Work and expressly supporting the Puntland Government’s “efforts towards enhancing the national economy by materailizing the exploration, exploitation and marketing of the country’s sub soil resources in close collaboration with its partners Consort Private Limited and Range Resources Limitedâ€. Range continues to strengthen its Government ties in Puntland (and Somalia) and is comfortable that the framework is in place to ensure that Range can effectively manage the exploration and development of Puntland’s sub soil resources. Full copies of the above letters of support are available for review on the Company’s website:

trevork   

Originally posted by uchi:

Who are you trevork?....hmmm

Uchi,

What does it matter who I am. This is a discussion thread about the PL agreement, and today brought a very significant update on the situation, namely all doubts about whether the TFG was opposed to this deal has now been dispelled. I'm just reporting the news. It does seem to clear up the issue at the very heart of this thread, that is, there's no more "confusion" about this agreement. Now if you have comments to add related to this latest development, then please go ahead. Otherwise, let's leave the personal issues for aside, shall we.

trevork   

Hello

Hmm. No more discussion on this? Gee it's been quiet here.

The latest development has made the mainstream press here in Australia. Debate has been raging apparently in one particular online chat site. This was from Sydney's main newspaper today.

Puntland frolics

Range Resources picked an unfortunate day to come out of a trading halt and announce the transitional government of Somalia had officially signed its monopolistic right to explore the country's semi-autonomous Puntland province.

Just after Range released a November 2 letter signed by Prime Minister Ali Mohamed Gedi approving the deal yesterday, newswires reported at least three of Gedi's bodyguards had been killed during an assassination attempt on the leader.

To make matters worse, Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said terrorists, not pirates, had probably attacked a Western cruise ship off Somalia's coast over the weekend.

A British maritime union is now pushing for the entire Somali coastline to be declared a war zone following the incident - presumably including the shores of Puntland.

Despite being happy to discuss the Puntland deal when it was first announced last month, Range directors declined to speak to Xchange yesterday, referring all queries to a PR agency.

"We really don't want to speak to the media," executive director Jim Marinis explained. "From the media, I don't think they've done the right thing by the organisation. There's been a lot of slander."

He might have been referring to a letter Prime Minister Gedi sent to the ASX last month questioning the Puntland deal's validity, which was leaked to major news outlets soon after the deal was signed.

The terms of the agreement were apparently amended before Gedi gave his final approval last week but Range declined to release details of the new terms.

With issues like these, it's no surprise that day traders had a field day discussing Range on the Hot Copper online message board. It was ultimately the most-traded stock of the day, with the shares closing up 0.8c at 4.4c.

PLEASE DON'T POST COMPLAINT TOPICS ON THE FORUM AGAIN. WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR VULGARITY, INSULTS, AND COMPLAINTS ON THIS FORUM

THE RULES HAVEN'T CHANGED.

THIS IS A WARNING.

Admin

Somalia Online

[ November 09, 2005, 12:14: Message edited by: Admin ]

Gabbal   

PLEASE DON'T POST COMPLAIN TOPICS ON THE FORUM. IF YOU HAVE ISSUES CONTACT ADMIN BY PRIVATE.

IT IS TIME WE CLEANED UP THIS SECTION

[ November 09, 2005, 13:05: Message edited by: Admin ]

Deeq A.   

I have brought the issue of HornAfrique/Wind.Talker double identity to the attention of the moderator of this section MMA.

Him and I will make a complete investigation into the identity of HornAfrique and Wind.Talker which on our preliminary data shows to be of the same person.

There are some individuals who have double identity on this politics forum and that is a clear violation of SOL rules. Anyone caught with such violation will be banned from SOL.

We have to get rid of all those who abuse the site with garbage tribal talk, insults, multiple clan identity, etc. On the same token, any active defiance of our civility rules will not be tolerated.