Sign in to follow this  
wind.talker

More confusion over so-called PL Agreement

It gets more complicated, doesn't it...?

Madaxweyne Daahir Riyaale oo sheegay hadal ay ka caroodeen Mas’uuliyiinta iyo Taageerayaasha Maamulka Puntland

Isniin, October 24, 2005(HOL): Madaxweynaha maamulka isku magacaabay Somaliland Md. Daahir Riyaale Kaahin ayaa hadal ay ka caroodeen Mas'uuliyiinta iyo Taageerayaasha Maamulka Puntland ka sheegay shir jaraa’id oo uu ku qabtay magaalada Hargeysa.

Hadalkan ayaa ahaa in maamulkiisu uu dagaal la geli doono maamulka Puntland haddii uu isku dayo in uu shidaal iyo macdan ka baaro gobollada Sool iyo Sanaag oo uu ku tilmaamay in ay yihiin labo gobol oo ay degan yihiin dad Somaliland u dhashay.

Maanta ayaa si aad ah looga hadal hayay magaalooyinka Puntland hadalkaas, iyadoo ay si aad ah Saxaafadda Puntland wax uga qortay hadalka madaxweyne Daahir Riyaale, iyadoo Wasiirka Dowladaha Hoose ee Maamulka Puntland Md. Cali Cabdi Awaare uu arrintaas ku tilmaamay mid qatar gelineysa deganaanta ka dhex jirta labada maamul, isagoo ku sheegay hadalka Madaxweyne Riyaale mid iska dheh ah oo aan waxba yeeli doonin qorshaha uu maamulka Puntland wado ee la xiriira soo saarista kheyraadka dhulkaas iyo Heshiisyada Shirkadaha Shisheyee.

Hadalka ka soo yeeray Madaxweynaha Somaliland ayaa waxaa uu ka dambeeyay heshiis uu dhawaan madaxweynaha maamul goboleedka Puntland Jen. Cadde Muuse la gaaray shirkad laga leeyahay dalka Australia oo ka shaqeysa Baarista Shidaalka iyo Macdanta, heshiiskaasoo ka dhacay magaalada Dubai ee Dalka Isu Tagga Imaaraadka.

Salaad Iidow Xasan (Xiis), Hiiraan Online

Mogadishu, Somali

Qardho sold out - Qardho gets exploited first. Follow the rules of logic, doesn't it? icon_razz.gif

indy7424   

ya ateeh wind talker,

I am part Navajo and from New Mexico. I too would like to know what the article you have posted says.

Your help would be appreciated.

ahehee,

indy

Sky   

What's with the invasion of the Australians in this forum? Good Lord have mercy. Before we know it, bored office workers in Sydney have taken over SOL talking about how Somalis used to roam here once upon a time like the Aboriginals.

indy7424   

ya ateeh shi k'is Sky,

I have great respect and feeling for what the Somalian people are going through. So please do not take my interest in what is happening in your country the wrong way. There are people in this world who care what is happening in your country and what is happening to your people.

Ahehee,

indy

art   

Hi Sky, I too have an interest in global matters, as your sig says "__Within Reach____Beyond Imagination__" The world is truely becoming borderless

Thankful   

Basically the Leader of Somaliland said there will be a war if Puntland does oil drilling in Sool and Sanaag. This area is claimed by Somaliland, but mostly under Puntland control. I highly doubt anything will come of it.

Secondly, about the recent deal. The Australians are using the Federal letter and Somaliland presidents comments as a bargaining chip and try to get an upper hand on minor details. Range has made it clear the project is good to go and they have confidence in Puntlands Security. Remember that this is an exploration and not extracting oil. Also, a new letter may come out from the federal government from what I hear, which will be bashing the deal. But we will wait and see, there are many people with different agendas from all over writing negativitely about it and continue to on a daily basis. But between the Puntland Admin and Range. The deal will go through and equiptment will arrive in Puntland. Puntland realizes that this deal may give them the oppurtunity to show how safe their area is and gain more interest from other companys. If oil or other minerals are found, that is truely when things will get interesting. All these petty arguements will look like nothing compared to what will happen if something is found.

So expect more letters from the Federal gov´t, Somaliland Gov´t, those against the deal and range´s competitors. But like I wrote earlier, The Puntland Gov´t and Range will work together and no one can stop it.

Finally, Puntland is too poor and the people need too much help for its Gov´t to just sit back and let its people suffer. They need investment.

indy7424   

SomaliPride thank you for talking the time to reply. It is much appreciated. There are many of us outside of Somalia that want to see peace and prosperity for the people of Somalia. They have suffered long enough. It seems that there is a lot work to be done before this goal is rsearch. Let us hope and pray that one day all of this will past and that the people of Somalia will find peace together.

Again thank you,

indy

^^

To the foreigners:

If you have real interest in Somalia, I suggest you pay attention to the non-propaganda news coming from there. The article below is a news item on a popular pro-Puntland site (GaroweOnline.com). Garowe is the capital city of Puntland.

Anyways, the article discusses the opening ceremony of the 15th Session of the Puntland Parliament. Puntland Vice Pres. Hassan Dahir gave an opening speech to talk about issues such as special laws for the Capital, the official borders of different regions and districts, the 2006 budget, etc. However, VP Hassan Dahir never mentioned the so-called "Puntland Agreement" signed between Puntland and the Australia-based company, Range Resources.

Now, don't you think, in a democratic society and gov't, the Parliament (i.e. the voice of the people) should debate and vote on an issue as massive as selling Somali soil? Its very clear that the newly-established Somali federal gov't (based in Jowhar) doesn't support Puntland's illegal attempt to sign exploration deals with foreign companies. And the Puntland Parliament has never been given a chance to talk about the issue. The Puntland leadership is being shady (the president has never spoken publicly about it, yet) about this deal for a reason.

Waxa maanta si rasmi ah uga furmay Hoolka Golaha Wakiilada DGPL ee Garowe Kalfadhigii 15-aad ee Golaha Wakiiladda DGPL.

Furitaankii Kalfadhigan ayaa waxaa ka soo qayb-galay Madaxweyne ku-xigeenka Ahna Kusimaha Xilka Madaxweynaha DGPL, Golaha Xukuumadda, Dhamaan Xubnaha Golaha Wakiiladda DGPL, Saxaafadda iyo Dadweyne kale oo iyaga lagu casumay furitaanka Kalfadhigaan.

Gudomiyaha Golaha Wakiiladda DGPL Mud. Cisman Dalmar Xaaji oo halkas ka soo jeediyey Ajandeyasha horyaal Golaha ee looga hadlayo Kalfadhigan ayaa sheegay in maanta ay horyaalaan Golaha Qodobo door ah oo u baahan meel marintiisa. waxana ka mid ahaa Qodobada horyaala Golaha:-

Ansixinta Miisaaniyadda 2006, ee dalka oo midaysan sidii horay loo go'amiyey in la mideeyo miisaniyadda dalka.

Ansixinta Golaah Wasiiradda iyo Golaha Garsoorka iyo Hay'adaha Madaxa banaan ee la doonayo in dalka looga hirgaliyo golaha. Ansixinta Siyaasadda guud ee nidaamka waxbarasho. Ansixinta Heshiisyada ay dawladu gashay sida badaha.

Ansixinta xeerka Caasimadda DGPL.

Ansixinta Guddoomiyeyaasha Gobolada dalka waajibkaadka shaqo.

Ansixinta, kala xadaynta Degmooyinka xeerkooda.

Ansixinta Xeerka Wada shaqaynta Hay'adaha Caalamiga ah iyo Dawlada.

Wixii ka yimaada Hay'adaha Dawlada iyo Dhamaystirka Hawlihii la sii qabtay labada Kalfadhi Dhexdooda.

Intaas kadib waxaa halkaas Qudbad ka soo jeediyey Madaxweyne ku-xigeenka Ahna Kusimaha Xilka Madaxweynaha DGPL, Mudane Xasan Daahir Afqurac, Madaxweynuhu wuxuu ugu horayn u mahad celiyey Golaha Wakiiladda, Golaha Xukuumadda iyo dhamaan ka soo qayb galayaasha Kalfadhigan Golaha.

Wuxuuna yiri" Waxaa sharaf ii ah in aan Maanta idinkala soo qayb-galay Furintaanka Kalfadhiga 15-aad ee Golaha Wakiilada DGPL, Golaha Wakiiladu waa hay'adda kaliye ee xaqiijin karta kana turjumaysa Shacab weynaha Reer Puntland sidaas darteed waa in uu Goluhu xil weyn iska saaraa umadda uu wakiilka ka yahay dareen wadanimo lehna ay u gutaan waajibaadka iyo amaanada saaran ee loo idmay.

Dhanka Siyaasadda mar uu ka hadlayey wuxuu yiri madaxweynuhu" Sida aad la socotaan Doorashooyin ku sheegii Goboladda Woqooyi ee Soomaaliya ka dhacay waxaanu si dhab ah uga hawl-galay kana xirnay in aan wax sanaaduuq ah la keenin, Doorashooyin ku sheegna ayna ka dhicin sinaba soona gelin gudaha iyo Xuduudaha Puntland waa sida uu hadalka u dhigaye, waxaanu xirnay Xuduudaha hore ee ka bilaabma Laasqoray ilaa iyo Buuhoodle inta u dhexaysa, waxaana hambalyo iyo mahad u soo jeedinayaa Guud ahaan shacab weynaha Puntland oo doorashooyin ku sheega si weyn uga hortagay.

Sidoo kale, wuxuu mahad balaaran u jeediyey Ciidamada Darawiishta DGPL oo uu sheegay in ay si xilkas iyo wadaniyadi ay ku dheehantahay ay uga hortageen Doorasho ku sheega Maamulka Woqooyi waa sida uu hadalka u dhigaye.

Madaxweynuhu mar uu ka hadlayey dhanka Amaanga Deegaanka ayaa wuxuu yiri" Puntland waxay ku faantaa in ay nabadgelyo buuxda ka jirto kana nabad gashay Burburkii ku habsaday Soomaaliya inteeda kale waana mid wax garadkeedu ka shaqeeyey ilaahayna loogu mahad naqo.

Waxaad moodaa in beryahyan danbe ay jid gooyooyin, dilan aano qabiil iyo wax cusub oo aan caado hore u ahayn reer Puntland oo lagu macaabo Ciyaal Fay ay ka soo cusboonaadeen magaaloyinka Gobolada Puntland, arrintaas waa mid lagu khal khal gelinayo Maamulka iyo Degenaanshaha Deegaamada Puntland.

Wuxuu xusay Madaxweynuhu in arrintaas dhalinyarada la oran karo waxaa ka dambeeya Siyaasad adag' isagoo tusaale u soo qaatay in Burburkii Somaliya ay Gobolada Konfureed markii ugu horaysay dhalinyaro noocan oo kale ahi ay bilaabeen Rabashado kadibna ay halkii ka sii socotay ayna ku burburtay Dawladii Soomaaliyeed.

Kulankaan ayaa Madaxwayne ku-xigeenku habe yaraatee uusan ku soo hadal qaadin heshiis la sheegay in lala galay shirkado shidaalka ka baara DGPL kuwaas oo aad moodo hadalhayntooda in ay ku egtahay wadanka dibadiisa.

Si kastaba ha haatee, Kalfadhiga Golaha Wakiiladda oo ah kii 15-aad ee ay yeeshaan Golaha Wakiiladda mudadii uu jiray Maamulku ayaa waxaa horyaala ajandeyaasha kor ku xusan loo looga fadhiyo meel marinteeda.

GaroweOnline.com

A Puntland minister's house being attacked in Garoowe, PL capital, has only happened during the tenure of the Cadde Muuse administration. The things you get for being a softie. Also, Cabdi Awaare (Cadde's clan-cousin) is one of Cadde's staunchest supporters within the PL Cabinet (no need to wonder why...all in the name of the defunct "Boqortooyo," me thinks!).

Breaking News: Guriga wasiirka Dawladaha Hoose ee Puntland oo caawa la weeraray

Garoowe- 29.October.2005 Wararka ka imaanaya magaalada Garoowe ee caasimada maamul goboleedka Puntland ayaa waxay sheegayaan in caawa weerar hubaysan lala beegsadey guriga wasiirka Dawlaha hoose & horumarinta reer miyiga ee Puntland Cali Cabdi Awaare.

Guriga wasiirka oo ku yaal agagaarka garoonka kubada cagta ee Mire Awaare ee magaalada Garoowe ayaa waxaa tacshiirad la beegsadey koox dabley ah oo ku hubaysnaa qoryaha fudud ee darandooriga u dhaca,

Wasiirka ayaa xiligaas ka maqnaa guriga oo wuxuu ku shir ku lahaa xarunta madaxtooyada ee magaalada Garoowe, waxaana kooxdaas dableyda ah ee weerarka soo qaadey u babac dhigey ilaaladii guriga oo ay is waydaarsadeen tacshiirad qadar socotey, taasi oo keentey in ay cagaha wax ka dayaan kooxdii dableyda aheyd ee weerarka soo qaadey.

Wasiirka Dawlaha hoose Cali Cabdi Awaare oo aan goor dhaweyd ku tiigsaney khadka telefoonka ayaa inoo xaqiijiyey weerarkaasi in uu dhacay, waxaana uu sheegay in haatan uu socdo baaritaan ku aadan dableydii weerarkaasi soo qaadey, isla markaana ciidamada amaanka ee magaalada Garoowe ay haatan wadaan baaris xoogan oo ku aadan sidii gacanta loogu soo dhigi lahaa kooxdaas burcada ah ee weerarka ku qaadey guriga wasiirka.

Ma jirto cid wax ku noqotey weerarkaasi, waxaana haatan hawl baaris aad u weyn ay ka socotaa agagaarka guriga iyo waliba xaafada uu ku yaal guriga wasiirka dawladaha hoose.

C/naasir Yaasin

SBC Garoowe.

To the foreigners:

The question is: Is Puntland (which isn't safe for its ministers) safe for Australian (or other foreign) workers? PL Minister Abdi Aware was most likely attacked for his Administration's bad policies on local gov't rules and regulations.

P.S. to somalipride aka Boqortooyo-pride:

Of course I'm jealous. I'm jealous of poor Somalis who are being cheated by their (s)elected "leaders" - from southern Somalia to central to North. I'm jealous of the corruption which continues to plague our Republic and restricts our ability to reach our potential. And most importantly, I'm jealous of Cabdi Awaare who's house attacked in peaceful Garoowe (such things never happen). Doesn't it make you wonder why, all of a sudden, Garoowe isn't a safe place for...um, the Boqortooyo-claiming folks? ;) Don't you wonder why Puntland "President" Cadde Muuse hasn't set foot in Garoowe for months? Open your eyes son...I guess its Somali PM Ali Ghedi and "his people" who are committing such a damaging crime against the soft PL admin, huh. Let's blame Ghedi and "his people" if it makes the "Boqortooyo" safer. :D

trevork   

hi windtalker I think you are wrong on this:

Its very clear that the newly-established Somali federal gov't (based in Jowhar) doesn't support Puntland's illegal attempt to sign exploration deals with foreign companies. And the Puntland Parliament has never been given a chance to talk about the issue

IN fact the federal gov't well and truly supports the Puntland Agreement:

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=RRS&E=ASX&N=301531

the Transitional Federal Government of the Republic of Somalia has provided Consort with written approval with regards to the validity, operation and effect of the Puntland Agreement
subject only to amendments being made to the Contract of Work to reflect the constitutions of both the Puntland and Transitional Federal Governments. The Company views these amendments as more mechanical in nature and does not foresee any major problems in satisfying the regulatory approvals required as conditions precedent under the Heads of Agreement.

In all I can understand your concern but please be aware investment for Puntland will bring benefits to the people, and result in greater prosperity for the region. This is a historic deal for Puntland clearly, and in time it will be recognised as so.

uchi   

An interesting story has emerged from Australia recently, apparently the men from Consort Private Ltd and Range Resources Ltd, Lawyer Anthony Black, RS Executive Director Jim Marines and Kids in Need Terry Donnelly, have held a meeting with some of the Somali locals in a flat at a housing commision here in Melbourne.

You can speculate all you want, but surely if you wanted to rely some support from this community, you wouldn't invite a past self styled community leader and his associates, with a record for mismanaging funds aswell as accountability issues, and subsequently when an election was due in a past position refused to step down.

I'm not really sure but this does sound quite ambiguous, and tribal affiliation with our dear Finance Minister Dr.Maxamed Cali Yusuf (Gagaab), also shouldn't matter I guess.

A full report from HoorseedNet:Artical

Trevork

My dear Trevork, the government did not approve of such a thing, I think Geddi's written letter to the Australian Stock Exchange should say otherwise. A link to a pdf file from RR's website should not replace a written and approved (signed) letter from the TFG.

Thankful   

Where do I start,

Ok first off, no website in all of Somalia is Pro anything. It is strictly pro tribe, each has it´s affiliations to a certain tribe. Allpuntland - omar mohamoud, horseednet - osman mohamud, garoweonline esse mohamud. So anyone that would say a website is pro-puntland shows their knowlege.

Second Walaahi Bilaahi I am not Boqortooyo-pride or have ever posted under another name!

Third

Also, Cabdi Awaare (Cadde's clan-cousin) is one of Cadde's staunchest supporters within the PL Cabinet

Please done ever pretend to be against those that use tribes in an arguements. The hypocrisy!

Criticizing the president is fair, it comes with the territory and when you take that job on, it´s inevitable. But when you attack facts, you are just making a fool out of your self, I mean

And the Puntland Parliament has never been given a chance to talk about the issue.

THE DEAL IS GOING THROUGH, . The federal government knows it and have stopped their protest. (They claim the letter they wrote was written BEFORE they met the PL delegation.)

THE PUNTLAND MINISTERS HAVE SEEN THE DEAL A LONG TIME AGO AND AGREED TO IT. Name me one minister that claims to never have voted on it...JUST ONE. This is why arguing is pointless with someone that knows nothing. Anyone with any knowlege would know that the Puntland ministers voted and accepted it with OVERWHELMING NUMBERS, even Faroole who was maybe the only one that had issues with it, is showing signs of putting his differences a side. For anyone reading this do your research and if you know any ministers or people that follow Puntland politics, ask them if a vote was taken on the deal involving Puntlands Ministers and you will see. After that we can put this issue to rest.

Of course I'm jealous. I'm jealous of poor Somalis who are being cheated by their (s)elected "leaders" - from southern Somalia to central to North. I'm jealous of the corruption which continues to plague our Republic and restricts our ability to reach our potential.

How many times can I say, you can never speak of President Cadde as a (s)elected leader or a leader that is holding the land hostage, for the simple fact that you supported Dictator SIAD "afwenye" BARRE. You can not support a dictator that used violence to reach his goals, that killed rivals and inprisoned them. High ranking people in puntland society voted for President Cadde. This is where your downfall is and you lose all respect. You spoke of corruption, yet you supported DICTATOR SIAD BARRE. HOW CAN YOU ATTACK ONE MAN FOR AN ALLEGED CRIME; BUT THEN SUPPORT ANOTHER THAT WAS NOTORIOUS FOR COMMITTING THE SAME AND EVEN FAR WORSE CRIMES. If you are truely a person against corruption or you are for the people, THEN YOU ARE AGAINST ANYONE THAT COMMITS IT AND NOT JUST CERTAIN PEOPLE. And believe me, your support for afweyne will never stop being used against you.

A Puntland minister's house being attacked in Garoowe, PL capital, has only happened during the tenure of the Cadde Muuse administration.

Definitely the most ridiculous comment so far. Claiming a ministers house has NEVER been attacked in Garowe before President Cade. (Even though Jama ali Jama & co were forced out of there by a large army and bullets), (peaceful garowe..lol)as you claim has never seen anything as bad as a ministers housing being sprayed with a few bullets. The fact is Puntland´s young men are not engaged in a civil war or fighting Somaliland, and the money is being is spent on infrastructure like the airport.

But yup, in your opinion things are the most violent under this admin.

Trevork my friend, most of Windtalker statements are WRONG.

^^

Firstly, drop the Gen. Siyad Barre (allaha u naxaristo) comments. As a Muslim, your parents should've taught you the proper etiquette in refering to the dead. Believe me, in the days of Siyad Barre, Somalia was a nation that existed. Today, its a punch of divided tribal fiefdoms reminiscent of ancient Greece. That's where my support for the then-military dictatorship lies. We had a nation and we were a people. Today, you got second-hand races like Tigres (Amxaartu xataa way ka faanaan kuwaa) running Somalia's affairs from the backseat in Addis. Siyad would never allow that. Except for al-Itihad & Gen. Caydiid (allaha u naxaristo), all these other Somali leaders have been Tigre stooges (punks) - never mind the newly found "nationalists" of Muqdisho.

Secondly, you and I can debate for eternity. But the day Australians come to Puntland, we'll both see what happens. I can almost guarantee you that they'll be welcome in some parts of PL (i.e. Qardho area) and they won't be welcome in other parts of PL.

You're absolutely right: waxgaradkii Puntland supported Cadde for president. But how did he repay those who helped him? He returned 90% of Col Yeey's dissappointing ministers back to power. So what changed? Let's see: Md. Max'd Cabdi Xashi (a true Somali nationalist - who respectfully stepped down, even though Cadde threatened war had he lost) moved to Virginia, USA. Col Yeey moved on to Jowhar (thank Allah). The airport that's being built is a great project (with Arab support, of course). But that's not the debate. It seems, like Col Yeey supporters, you're also blinded from the truth.

1. Cadde has not spoken to the Puntland public about this "deal" (if its such great economic news for Reer PL, don't you think he'd be too excited to hold himself? I think he'd be bragging publicly about such a deal, had it been legal and realistic).

2. What is the Puntland Parliament for? If Cadde can sign deals without even mentionining it in Parliament, what's it there for? This so-called Parliament is weaker and even more irrelevant than Col Yeey's PL Parliament (and that's sad). All that boastful talk of "transparence" and "accountablity" from Cadde's lips. When its okay for the President to break the law, then its okay for dabley in Garoowe attacking a minister's house (Jama Ali Jama is a coward and a sellout and he never was a Puntland leader).

I know, I know. You can't answer either question. And if you really had Puntland's interests at heart, you'd want the answers to those deep questions. But, its better to brag that Cadde built an airport and paid for some teachers. That's progress, right?

Here's your equation:

Reer Puntland: Poor people (so they'll accept anything from Cadde - even sell their land to the cheapest bidder around - Range Resources is considered a junior in the oil biz).

PL Parliament: Irrelevant now (but, when Cadde was running for President, they were the most important beings on the earth, right?

;) )

President Cadde: Firstly, thank Allah he's returned the Boqortooyo. Now, we can sell the "Kingdom" to foreign investors - who cares for Somaliweyn? (Yet, Col Yeey is preaching "Somaliweyn" in Jowhar - great politics, huh).

They say "Look before you leap." PL, under Cadde's Generalship, is leaping - but is it looking? :confused:

P.S.

Weerarkaasi xaley lagu qaadey guriga wasiirka Dawlaha hoose ayaa ahaa
falkii ugu horeeyey ee caynkaas
oo lagu kala kaco wasiir ka tirsan Maamulka Puntland, waxaana falkaasi si kulul u dhaleeceeyey masuuliyiinta maamulka iyo dadweynaha Puntland oo ku baaqey in sharciga la horkeeno kooxdaas dableyda ah ee tacshiiradaas furtey.

C/naasir Yaasin

SBC Garoowe

"Jama Ali Jama is a coward and a sellout and he never was a Puntland leader"

Well said Wind_talker Jama Ali Jama should have been shot in the head becasue that's what sellout's deserve.