Sign in to follow this  
Garyaqaan2

Cismaan Ato Vs Somaliland

Somali minister barred from visiting Somaliland capital Posted to the web 13:37 Jul 12 2005

Security officers of the republic of Somaliland have turned away the minister of housing and public works of the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia, Usman Hasan Ali Usman Ato from the airport in Hargeysa. The minister, who arrived there yesterday wanted to visit the town. Our reporter in Hargeysa Muhammad Rambo sent us this report this morning.

Posted By M Ghalib.

X a y a y s i i s - A d v e r t i s e m e n t

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High ranking officials from the Somaliland immigration department, who did not want to be identified, told HornAfrik that the minister of housing and public works of the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia, Usman Hasan Ali Usman Ato was yesterday afternoon stopped from going to Hargeysa town and returned to his plane at the airport.

The Somaliland officers also said Mr Ato, who had come from Mogadishu's K50 Airport, was accompanied by an unidentified person and alighted from the plane seeking to visit the town. They said Mr Ato was later on told he could not leave the airport and ordered to return to the plane belonging to Dallo Airlines which then headed for Djibouti.

The Somaliland officers said Mr Ato indicated he did not want to go to Djibouti and that he was visiting Hargeysa for business and not political reasons. His request was rejected and he was asked to return to the plane. Somaliland officers said Mr Ato returned to the aircraft which then departed for Djibouti.

Neither the government of Somaliland, nor the police, have commented on the reason as to why Mr Ato was turned away. However, this is not the first, or second time, a politician who is opposed to the independence of Somaliland has been turned away from the airport.

Duufaan   

Cismaan was supported and financed by Somaliland authority for long time. It seems , that Somaliland want dump him, not his minister by name but also do not want be seen involved publicly

Duufaan   

Did no I tell you?

Do you hear Soomaliland talking about the SOOL

conflict any more. They was told so and they listened. What a cheap crocadalis. Imika waxaa uhadhay habaar kaliya, in dowlada cabdilaahi yusuf kahirgalin koonfurta.

Dowladda Itoobiya oo looga shakisan yahay in ay Somaliland ku amartay dib u celinta Cismaan Caato. Ruunkinet 12/07/05

Wararka ka imaanaya magaalada Muqdisho ayaa ku waramaya in uu jiro shaki weyn oo laga qabo in dowladda Itoobiya ay amar ku siisay maamulka Soomaaliland in ay ka celiyaan garoonka magaalada Hargeysa ee xarunta u ah maamulka madaxweyne Riyaale wasiirka howladda guud ee Soomaaliya.

Maamulka Soomaaliland ayaa garoonka dayuuradaha ee Hargeysa waxaa maanta uu ka celiyay Cismaan Caato asagoo ay ku khasabtay in uu u sii gudbo dalka Jabuuti.

Shakigan ayaa la sheegay in uu ka dambeeyay kadib markii wasiirka howlaha guud xildhibaan Caato iyo dowladda Itoobiya ay si weyn isaga horyimaadeen dhinca siyaasadda ayadoo warar kalana ay sheegayaan in dowladda Riyaale ay aad uga xumaatay xiriirka wanaagsan ee dhex maray Caato iyo Jeneraal Moorgan.

Warka ayaa intaasi ku daraya dowladda Itoobiya ay dooneyso in maamulka Soomaalilada ay la wareegto hantida Caato u taal Somaliland oo u badan makiinadaha waaweyn ee lagu dhiso wadooyinka laguna qodo ceelasha.

Cabdullahi Xuseen, Ruunkinet, London

Duufaan   

Did no I tell you?

Do you hear Soomaliland talking about the SOOL

conflict any more. They was told so and they listened. What a cheap crocadalis. Imika waxaa uhadhay habaar kaliya, in dowlada cabdilaahi yusuf kahirgalin koonfurta.

Dowladda Itoobiya oo looga shakisan yahay in ay Somaliland ku amartay dib u celinta Cismaan Caato. Ruunkinet 12/07/05

Wararka ka imaanaya magaalada Muqdisho ayaa ku waramaya in uu jiro shaki weyn oo laga qabo in dowladda Itoobiya ay amar ku siisay maamulka Soomaaliland in ay ka celiyaan garoonka magaalada Hargeysa ee xarunta u ah maamulka madaxweyne Riyaale wasiirka howladda guud ee Soomaaliya.

Maamulka Soomaaliland ayaa garoonka dayuuradaha ee Hargeysa waxaa maanta uu ka celiyay Cismaan Caato asagoo ay ku khasabtay in uu u sii gudbo dalka Jabuuti.

Shakigan ayaa la sheegay in uu ka dambeeyay kadib markii wasiirka howlaha guud xildhibaan Caato iyo dowladda Itoobiya ay si weyn isaga horyimaadeen dhinca siyaasadda ayadoo warar kalana ay sheegayaan in dowladda Riyaale ay aad uga xumaatay xiriirka wanaagsan ee dhex maray Caato iyo Jeneraal Moorgan.

Warka ayaa intaasi ku daraya dowladda Itoobiya ay dooneyso in maamulka Soomaalilada ay la wareegto hantida Caato u taal Somaliland oo u badan makiinadaha waaweyn ee lagu dhiso wadooyinka laguna qodo ceelasha.

Cabdullahi Xuseen, Ruunkinet, London

Qudhac   

you tell us what a drug dealing murdering warlord can expect to bring to us eh, its not like we need him any more than somaliland needs the other 100 warlords turned wasiiro, with rag tag millitias in the south hassling poor civilians.

what can somaliland gain from a drug dealer, i mean really it would have been crime had somaliland authorities let the likes of him on official visit.

Shirwac   

Is this the 1st time he has been in Somaliland?

This line "High ranking officials from the Somaliland 'immigration department'..." made me laugh...I dunno why!

Castro   

This line "High ranking officials from the Somaliland 'immigration department'..." made me laugh...I dunno why!

It shouldn't make you laugh. At least some people have an immigration department! Look at us. We have no departments at all. Cato deserves to be sent away from Hargeisa. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't arrest him and charge him under the ICC with crimes against humanity. That's of course after stripping him from the qaad he was carrying.

Gediid   

He was only deported but I wonder what the reaction would have been if he was arrested, charged and sentenced to death for the murder of tens of thousands of innocent civilians in the whole of the south.....Long overdue I say.

^^

And Somaliland has the ability to detain, charge and execute Cismaan Caato? :confused: 'We took down tanks' is not a concept that flies with Caato's USC - to them, waxay taagan yihiin 'we took down American Rangers.' I hope you see the difference.

Funny that Ruunkinet (of all places) found some hidden Ethiopian agenda in Caato's rejection to land in Hargeisa. Seems like in the post-Oct 10 period, everything has an Ethiopian connection. The blame the Ethiopians plan hasn't removed a single roadblock or achieved any tangible goal whatsoever. Yet, its a rhetoric they don't get tired of repeating.

Gediid   

I should have put in bold THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION for all to see but as always I was lil late and a serious response has already been posted.

THIS IS NOT A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION

What happens when one does not have a chopper to shoot down...... ;)

^^

Haka xumaan sxb. I was merely highlighting a prevalent notion amongst the staunch pro-SNM elements: that the magical Somaliland army that took down Siyad Barre and his tanks is a superpower that can do as it pleases, even hypothetically detain and execute Cismaan Caato. Funny this same magical army can't seem to pass Adhicadeeye.

THIS IS SERIOUS: The tanks were wrong. Nin gardaran ma guuleysto. But the boys and technicals parked in Adhicadeeye aren't wrong - they're home. And so we sit and await for Hargeisa to secure its mythical eastern border. :eek: Nuff said.