Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Link between Poverty and Terrorism

Thunder   

An interesting article. Does that mean that no rich person or country is capable of terrorism?

We only need to look at history and look how the west (slavery/colonialism) have terrorised Africa, or how Israel(with the US's help) terrorises the Palestenians.

To me terrorism is like beauty it is relative, depending on how you can brain wash people.

Poverty which is not natural to the country and by that i mean as a direct result of some economic action of another country i.e. tariffs such as those imposed on goiods from africa by all of the e.u countries and america have the effect of creating resentmet in those countries, this alone will obviously not create terrorism. However it is the additional action of puppetry control through imposed regimes which, in my humble opion create the more deadly poverty, and that is the poverty of free will, democraticly elected leaders and institutions that lead eventually to terrorism, whether this can be said to be right or wrong is somewhat difficult to say i.e. can one try n put themselves in the shoes of iraq ppl, palestinan ppl and so on? i dont think so.

so my answer would be that of course there is a link between poverty n terrorism

Samafal   

Not necessarrily My dear Sijui

Well it all depends the definition we give the term terrosim. If we can agree on the definition, only then we can agree on if it goes only with poverty or not, an idea i am fully sceptical. Well Amrica the so called the richest country terrorised and still terrosrises people in their homes and enjoys killing children and old so as isreal.

If we take the definition used by the west to define terrorism then we have osma bin laden who was one of the rich people in his country.

If you look in africa one of the poorest continent in the world there are conflicts and civil wars not terrorism so it is rather a matter of common sense to believe that conflicts and poverty are linked not terrorism and poverty.