Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Social Solutions Al Shabab Government Can Learn from Secular Father Of Turkey

Nur   

eNuri Comparative Law Research Department

Presents:

Ataturk's Marriage Law

Nomads

Looking back into the past of modern Turkey, it can provide a rare glimpse of the laws of the last Islamic Caliphate in Turkey, known as the Ottoman Empire.

Mustafa Kamal Ataturk who overthrew the Islamic Caliphate in Turkey to install a secular government was unable to wipe out all of Islamic Caliphate's legal influence ( Sharia Law ) from appearing in his new Secular Turkish Law, below are some selected interesting articles of Ataturk's Marriage Law:

1. Voluntary Marriage age begins at 18 and ends at 25, anyone who doesn't marry by 25, will be forced to marry.

2. If a person claims an exemption from marriage duty after age of 25 due to sickness, the person will be sent to medical check up, if sickness is curable, the marriage will be delayed till the person is healthy, if the sickness is permanent, the person will be exempted from marriage.

3. If a married man travels to another town for residence for few years to work or for any other legitimate duty, and he can not take his wife with him, he must inform the local government in the new town he resides the reason that he is alone without his wife, if he is financially able to marry another local woman, the new local government will force him to marry a local woman, when his duty is completed and he has to return, he must take his new wife back and reside with both of his wives in same locality.

4. If a man refuses to marry after age of 25 without any legitimate excuse, he will be fined 25% of his income to be deposited in the agricultural Bank to help marriage costs of poor peasants as a gesture of kindness.

5. Any married man who travels to another town for any reason who was being subjected to article #3, if he can't marry again in the new locality, he will pay 15% of his income to be spent according to article #4, and after 2 years, he will be forced to take his wife with him on his business travels.

6. Any man who fails to marry after age 25, will be dealt according to article #4, he will not be eligible for government job and benefits and can not be elected to office and he can't take a public responsibility.

7. Any married man older than 50 years, with only one wife, and who is able and capable, physically and financially to marry another woman, will be forced to marry another woman as a fair contribution for civic duty, if he is unable with good reason, he has to support orphans and the children of the poor, and to help their education and bringing up as per his financial ability.

8.Any man who marries before age of 25 and before compulsory military service age, shall serve two years in case of war. As for the man who marries after the age of military service, he shall serve 3 years.

9. Anyone who marries during the voluntary age ( 18-25) and who is poor, who owns no property, he is entitled to a grant of 150 - 300 Dunam ( 1 Dunam = 930 Square Meters of land) closest to his residence, the title of the land to be given immediately after marriage.

11. Anyone who marries during voluntary age (18-25) who has no mature brother who can assist his elderly parents, is qualified for a deferment of military service, and if a woman marries and she has no brother who can assist her elderly parents, she is entitled to the deferment of her husband from military service.

13. University students are allowed to defer marriage until after graduation.

14. Any man who does not have a legitimate job and who reached the age of 25 without getting married and his social status is immoral, he will be warned, and given a year to find a decent job, if he fails, he will be forcefully recruited to be a government laborer.

Signed

Mustafa Kamal Ataturk

October 21st, 1922

Anatolia , Turkey.

Translation from Arabic text by eNuri Transemantix

2010 eNuri Comparative Law Digest

Islam is the science of the Living -Spiritually!

Raamsade   

The clearest indication yet that Nur is Alshabaab -- designated international terrorist organization that took responsibility for the massacre of madina hotel in Beledweyne -- sympathizer.

Alshabaab government?

No wonder you're losing credibility in the eyes of SOLers.

Kashafa   

^^Al-Shabaab also has the endorsement of this non-Muslim Harvard educated executive editor. He wants them to rule over not only Somalia but the rest of East Africa too smile.gif

The hatred that festers in your heart will only consume you, Raamsade. There is nothing you can do about the blessed reign of Islamic governance except wail and moan about it. So, um, choke on it smile.gif (that isn't very charitable of me, is it ?)

Charles Onyango-Obbo , executive editor for the Nation Media Group’s Africa Media Division writes:

For example, though I am a pacifist and oppose the death penalty, I am extremely conflicted where rapists and mass murderers are involved because I think the level of these and other crimes in Africa has reached levels that could destroy our societies.

If al Shabaab had asked me whether the rapist who was stoned to death should be spared and given a life sentence instead, I probably would have offered an ambiguous answer that gave them the impression
that I favoured the stoning

The greatest “instability” that an al Shabaab regime would cause, therefore, might not be through spreading the al Qaeda menace in East Africa,
but in showing up the other governments

So
Al Shabaab takes power
: It beheads hundreds of thieves, chops off a hand and leg from every Mogadishu pickpocket, hangs rapists in the market squares, blinds all bribe-taking policemen, and drowns the pirates who have become a menace in the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean, and clears khat off the streets.

Mogadishu could become a mini-paradise
where people don’t have to lock their doors, and little girls can walk from their grandparents’ house two streets away back home at 7:30 pm without fear of being molested.

Pressure would grow in other fear-ruled East African capitals for al Shabaab-style crackdowns on crime. That would be tricky for some governments, because they need crime and corruption to survive

Source

Doesn't it just suck to be you, Raamsade ? Watching Somalia blossom into a thriving Islamist-ruled country under the Xukm of Allah, while you sit there and stew in a fear-filled cowardly existence as you reminice on a bygone era when your thievin' kind were drinking alcohol, raping women for kicks, teaching Marxism-Lennism, and waging a blatantly repressive anti-Islamic campaign that resulted in the murder of 11 heroic Scholars of Islam.

Yeah, definitely sucks to be you. So sit there, abti, and stew in your hatred. For you and your kind, slaves of imperialism & inferior dogs of Ethiopia, are the last of a wretched dying breed.

Anyone and everyone can see that bringing back law and order, peace and normality of life is essential for Somalia and most of the world, and the Islamists have proven that. But the problem is one of ideology.

Question is: can the West bring themselves to stop their arrogant muscular interventionism and leave people to decide their future as they see fit?

Would an African or anyone else for that matter, live in Nairobi (and most of Africa and developing countries), where corruption is commonplace and the slightest affair in state departments takes what seems like forever to get it done and God knows how many officials you have to bribe to get it through OR Islamist run Somalia where corruption would come to an absolute halt and transparency rules the day?

The answer is obvious.

Nur   

Raamsade

Writes: "The clearest indication yet that Nur is Alshabaab -- designated international terrorist organization that took responsibility for the massacre of madina hotel in Beledweyne -- sympathizer. "

Raamsade, we have a Somali proverb that says to the effect: " Haddad aragto nin dakhran, gar ha siinin ilaa aad agtiisa ku hesho nin dooxan"

Every story has two sides saaxib, I am sure that you have studied in history that today's villains might be tomorrows heroes,. Besides, if we talk about specific incidents of killing civilians, the Shabab do not even get close to the record of your honorable heroes who are proud of Hiroshima and Nagasaki massacre of civilians, the slavery of blacks, Vietnam carpet bombing, Mi Lai, the Iraq Massacre of 1.5 Million civilians, Afghanistan, Somalia (1000 civilians in 1993 Black Hawk Down), Abu Ghureib and Guantanamo sadist torture of Muslims, and the list goes on for your heroes.

It helps to be consistent, you said that you sympathize with the ANC in South Africa during the Apartheid, guess who was supporting the minority white rule? your friends, who gave the ANC the same title like the Shabab (Terrorists) and who were listed as such as recent as 2008 for your information.

Nur

^Nur, you have some explaining to do.

For one , what is government?

Marka kale, who are the shabaabs?

If, as you say in your title, "social issues alshabaab government can learn etc", do they in turn have a clear mandate from the people to govern? That is, once you define government and identify the shabaabs, do you believe they(shabaabs) are carrying the wishes of the people to govern?

If the answer above is yes, should they really entertain social issues this early in the game by attempting to legislate morality when they themselves need lessons on morality?

Johnny B   

Al-Shabab and Government are contradiction in terms.

Some Somalis just live their widespread romance for a modren Islamic Kalifa in the Islamic world through this terrorist group.

In reality this terrorist group will never take power in Somalia, as Somalia exists and operates in 21st century, while shabab operate in 7th century.

Maaddeey   

^Abtigiis, halkeed wax ka aragtaa?, Johnny wuxuu ku leeyahay: 'They will never take power in Somalia' adna waad ku raacday! ma ragga xaradheere ilaa Dhoobleey miyaa Dawlad ah mise qolada 4ta KM Amisom-tu ku waardiyeyso?

Johnny B   

^ Sheikh Maadeey answered his very question but will he or the entity he pasionately supports, namely 'Al-shabab' get it? i doubt.

Maaddeey,child-soilders( and their wanted-foriegn-leaders) swarming over pockets of Somali villages with AKs is one thing, governing the Republic of Somalia, the UN, AL,AU,.. member, is patently another.

Somalia is but an isolated Island ,Somalia is a nation -palyer whose security-policies react to, and influence wide range of other players' polcies, both regionally and internationally, but hey , such realistic vision is strange in your circles i guess.

NGONGE   

Boys, boys, forget this argument about Al Shabab ruling Somalia or not and focus on Nur's madness on this thread.

Apparently, it is not enough for him that Al Shabab is already accused of countless transgressions into people's personal freedoms, he now wants to force people into marriage! Not encourage, not persuade but force.

Nur, akhi (with respect of course), I pray that you never take any position of leadership in Somali affairs beyond the meagre moderatorship of this section. :D

Nur   

LazieG

Asks:

Marka kale, who are the shabaabs?

If you don't know them by now, its too late to explain.

If, as you say in your title, "social issues alshabaab government can learn etc", do they in turn have a clear mandate from the people to govern?

Mandate to govern the people resides with Allah SWT ALONE, who instructed believers to execute his commandments compiled in a code known as the Sharia Law, that is the only acceptable governance acceptable to Allah. Allah SWT says in Quraan: "Inil Xukmu illaa lillah" Governance is reserved for Allah alone.

do you believe they(shabaabs) are carrying the wishes of the people to govern?

Naturally NO my dear sister, Allah's wishes count, not people's!

Johnny Boy

Power belongs to Allah alone, Allah says in Quraan, "Innal Quwata lillahi Jamiican" All power resides with Allah, not with the UN nor with anyone else, the most powerful in the eyes of Allah, are those who take Allah as an ally.

Abtigiis

Saaxib, adigaa dib isugu laabasho u baahan, meeshaad taagan tahay bal eeg! ogow in qiyaamha lagula soo saari doono ciddaad maanta la safato.

Ngonge bro.

Ninyahow wallee waad iga qoslisay, :D ilaa hadda oon qorayo qoraalkan waan qoslayaa, waxaad tahay ninka qudha oo ii fahmay. Ha ka cabsan inaan Shabaabka fikrad siinayo iney hadday ku arkaan adigoo Kismaayo dhexdeeda iska wareegaya xaas la'aan, iney xoog kuugu guuriyaan!

Nur

Hales   

Because of Alshabaab, Somalia has replaced Darfur the worlds worst humanitarian disaster

It is more violent than Iraq and Afghanistan. 1,000 Somalis die each month in Mogadishu alone.

21,000 have died ever since the Ethiopian invasion.

1.3 Million are living in camps in Puntland, Somalia and NEFD zone in Kenya.

Hundreds of thousands of war refugees in neighbouring countries.

3 Million relying on food aid, 1.4 million of these displaced.

he UN refugee agency warned on Wednesday that another 315,000 people were likely to flee their homes in Somalia this year as the flow of refugees and displaced people grows faster than expected.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jyDVnp75VgcFRccBEG63jC5lQV9Q

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2010-05/22/c_13309838.htm

To relieve these people negotiation is needed, no doubt Somalia is needed to be ruled by Allahs law, but we need to do so peacefully.

Shariif is complying and outstretching his hand.

Johnny B answered really well be honest, i didnt even need to be post. But people need to definitely wake up to the crisis happening in the Somalia.

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

^^Al-Shabaab also has the endorsement of this non-Muslim Harvard educated executive editor. He wants them to rule over not only Somalia but the rest of East Africa too

That is why he's just an editor and nothing more.

Scrapping the bottom of the barrel, aren't we?

The hatred that festers in your heart will only consume you, Raamsade. There is nothing you can do about the blessed reign of Islamic governance except wail and moan about it. So, um, choke on it
smile.gif
(that isn't very charitable of me, is it ?)

You're projecting your own emotional state. Hatred festers in the hearts of those who know they're peddling a pack of lies that can only be sold to others via intimidation and brutalization.

You know, in your heart of hearts, that Alshabaab are a gang of pretenders and murderers. They neither have the interest of Somalis at heart nor the decency to respect our traditions. If anything they seem to be preoccupied with besmirching the memory of our forefathers. When Islam came to our shores a 1000 years ago, our forefathers took just one look at the hand-chopping, stoning, Hijab wearing provisions of Sharia and said thanks but no thanks. They took from Islam what chimed with their culture and tradition (the soft, humane, spiritual, personal Islam) and jettisoned the rest. I still would have disagreed with their choice but they would have had my respect for being independent and visionaries.

Alshabaab by the same token are dull foreign stooges busy foisting on Somalis the designs and wet dreams of foreign Jihadist. We know Alshabaab's ENTIRE political plank is carbon-copy of the Taliban all the way down to their preferred attire (witness Mukhtaar Rooboow aka abu mansuur). Even their stage names are foreign sounding: abu mansuur, abu quteyba, abu this abu that. Alshabaab are not only imbued with false and dangerous ideas but they're imminent threat to our people - culturally, linguistically, economically, politically and of course mortally.

I have nothing against Islamic governance provided there is actual governance. Being student of history, I know "Islamic governance" is oxymoron. In the entire 14 centuries of Islam's existence, Muslims have been unable to establish a Sharia-compliant Islamic government. You can wait another 14 centuries and you'll be no closer to Islamic governance. Of course, all this assumes Alshabaab's slaughterhouse with severed limps, chopped heads, tongues, other body parts and the disinterred remains of our ancestors is governance let alone "Islamic."

Watching Somalia blossom into a thriving Islamist-ruled country under the Xukm of Allah, while you sit there and stew in a fear-filled cowardly existence as you reminice on a bygone era when your thievin' kind were drinking alcohol, raping women for kicks, teaching Marxism-Lennism, and waging a blatantly repressive anti-Islamic campaign that resulted in the murder of 11 heroic Scholars of Islam.

There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol provided you consume modestly and act responsibly. I contend that religious books can be as intoxicating as alcohol. So intoxicating that when people read them, they crash planes into buildings just like inebriate drivers crash cars. Ban holy books while flying? With respect to rape, isn't it an institution of Jihad? Aren't Muslim fighter permitted to rape female war prisoners euphemistically called those "your right hand possess" in the Quran? Correct me if I'm wrong. Regarding those bigoted and misogynistic Islamic "scholars", I'm against capital punishment. But you are for it. You probably support capital punishments for apostates like me, homosexuals, heretics, witches etc. Are you a hypocrite?

May Allah have mercy on your wretched soul.

Nur   

Nomads

Let me summarize RAAMSADE's post above:

1. Alshabaab are a gang of pretenders and murderers. They neither have the interest of Somalis at heart nor the decency to respect our traditions. On the other hand, the US, EU, UN, AU , Ethiopia, Uganda, and Burundi, Somali warlords, drug dealers, corrupt Somali politicians have the best interest of Somalia at heart. They only occasionally steal money given to them by their sponsors ( EU, US) to fight Shabaab and also to drink alcohol which is OK, and to womanize.

2. Our Somali forefathers picked and chose the type of Islam that matched their culture which was closer to western peace loving tolerant Ideals of Auschwitz, Hiroshima, Nagazaki, Vietnam, Iraq, than the barbaric Islamic culture.

3. Our Somali forefathers, like me, did not like the Hijab part of Islam, because we should be proud of and celebrate our Somali women beautiful bodies, our forefathers did not like applying the Shariah on thieves and murderers, since all Somalis by nature are Camel thieves and tribal murderers, and being hard on thieves is also against the western ideals that prefer Wall Street corporate grand larceny of tax payers money, and wholesale annihilation of entire villages and nations like Somalia by hiring their own worst criminals and warlords to do the dirty work, to empty the land from its inhabitants for oil companies' business by killing, maiming and raping since last 20 years without disturbing the show ( until of course Islam appeared in the form of Islamic Courts and the Shabab)), who terrorize and disrupt western interests in the region.

4. Our Somali forefathers share the same ideals of US and EU (sponsors of peace in Somalia) who enjoy sadist waterboarding torture methods, sodomizing prisoners in captivity, Holocausting Jews, enslaving blacks, supporting apartheid and listing the ANC as a terrorist group like the Shabab, stealing land from Palestinians and incarcerating them in the largest open concentration camp, carpet bombarding Vietnamese villagers, murdering 1.5 Million Iraqis for a fake WMD, and who are now engaged in tightening the noose on the poorest people on earth, who have a remnant of self worth in terms of faith and who only bow to their maker in submission.

5. Shabab movement is making real marks on the ground applying real Islam, which as a Devout Atheist, and all of my "MODERATE MUSLIMS" and supporters on this SOL site hate. Because they all tolerate me when I insult their phony God on this site, and would not kill me for it as I exercise my human right to insult others and spew my venom and walk free after words, ( Of course the same can not be said by making antisemitic insults) because the Shabab would have killed me for what I have said on this board.

6. Shabab are inviting "foreign fighters" to fight on their ranks and are even wearing their Punjabi dress, to oppose the local indigenous Ethiopian,s Ugandans and Burundians who wear the traditional Somali clothes, drink Somali beer, secretly sleep with poor peasant Somali girls delivering food to them, and who are only there to earn their money by guarding the post to fulfill the western ideals that are closer to my Atheist ideals of legalizing Sodomy, witchcraft, theft, Qat drugs, prostitution and alcohol.

7. Shabab are like Taliban, they want to Establish Islamic state, which after 911, is not acceptable by US and EU who pay the bill of the African Union Mercenaries, Ethiopians, Ugandans, and Burundians, and now, a Western raised Somali Warlord Darman and his German Soldiers-of-fortune mercenaries, and since Islam is a strategic threat against the whole of the western civilization, because Islam's banning of homosexuality, prostitution, grand larceny, Oil companies destruction of all lifeforms including people, when seeking oil (Iraq's 1.5 Million victims , EXXON VALDEZ OIL SPILL, and BP Gulf of Mexico OIL SPILL that devastate the environment) can cause unemployment in the western world that thrives on instability in the poor parts of the world to steal their wealth and endorse creative chaos as a cover of their planned heist of resources to finance their failing usury based economies.

Translated by

2010 eNuri Transemantix

Simplifying Atheist Content