Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland laughs of secessionist claims..

Khalaf,

You only believe that ME won those debates because you agree with his viewpoints. you are anti-somaliland like him therefore everything he says is the absolute truth and everything we say is a blatant lie.

anyway i will divulge you're request. i have still the link to one report on the whole somali war and has that estimate that i have used. it is as independent as you can get so whether you biased folk believe it or not is up to you

http://www.smallarmssurvey.org/files/portal/spotlight/country/afr_pdf/africa-somalia-2005.pdf.

Section 5.1.1 has the details you are looking for

Khalaf   

^^Ninyahow the link is not working. and um not "anti-somaliland", um anti secession all somalis are adeer except the secessionists that's not a secret, "me" argued wit facts, while his oppenents cursed him and called him names instead of countering those facts, says somethin namean. mida kale: 50,000 dead acudi bilhi, and Me says there werent even 50,000 ppl in hergeyso/buro combined.....um on no side, just would like to know da truth with facts. thats all.

Khalaf,

i think you are a lot like your allies M.E. and Xalane and i doubt you genuinely have the concern you seem to want to show towards my people.

i think you like them 2 have a deep rooted hatred towards landers and pretend to act concerned just to look like a neutral. If you really was concerned about the tragedy you wouldnt even divulge M.E. lies and wouldnt be bothered about the actual figures from the beginning. so stop acting and show the real you.

Us somalilanders aint looking for nobody's fake concerns sxb.

we have dealt with this issue in our own way and have proved to be succesfull at picking ourselves up from the atrocity which Somalia tried to inflict on us. We have proved ourselves to be of great strength and resolve and that is what matters above all.

Khalaf   

^^^^^sxb i figured u would say it, its only natural when u view the world as "us" hence ur reference to "my people" and them, as if other somalis are not your people? Tell me what is there in benefit for rest of somalis to not see "your people" whom are our people to suffer and not succeed? U dont make logical sense and its unfortunate u think like that, just because somalis are against political stance of secessionist doesnt mean they wish the people of somali-land any harm. But that is not the topic sxb, the topic was a period of history and two contradictory stances, forget “hidden motives” u acusse us of, and simply just provide to the gallery your case, that is all ninyahow.

Khalaf   

^^^figures cut and run when the heat is on hopefully u will research and put on well comeback rebuttel, links that actually work, facts ect instead of "u envy us cause of our success" ect... and brah umm some of us are computer consultants, SOL is passing time at the job...best place on cyber world if u ask me....two thumbs up to ina libax!

peace

me   

Dear brother Timacadeh,

The link is not working....but please answer the following questions.

1. How did this war start

2. Who attacked the cities and the surrounding areas

3. Was it peaceful before these attacks occurred

4. If these attacks did not occur would there have been civilian casualties.

5. Who planned and executed these plans

6. Did they keep in mind that there might be civilian deaths

7. If they, the SNM knew that there would be civilian casualties, why did they proceed with their attacks on densely populated urban centres....were they not concerned for the safety and the well being of the civilian population

8. Did the SNM at least take any measures to prevent casualties among civilians, if so what measures did they take.

Also please answer me the following questions

1. How did they come up with a number like 50,000, its so well rounded

2. Has someone counted the dead bodies

3. How many of these deaths were a direct result of the operations by the Somali National Army

4. What was the single biggest cause of deaths among civilians....bullets, malnutrition or disease.

These so called report of yours are no reports, there are just some agencies that are just quoting someone who quoted someone who quoted someone and that original person who started this whole 50,000 rumour is probably some SNM spokesperson.

That's why I am saying we need to get to the bottom of this there are many questions that need answering and a thorough independent investigation will help the people of the region and peace in Somalia.

Khalaf   

^^^^Me u said 50,000 people were not even in hergeyso/burco combined back then? fact or fiction? I dont know it. I think its time as u say to get bottom of this and argue wit facts instead of emotions/cruses as done in the past.

peace

Folks,

ur asking to many questions at once. i would love to answer them all if i had the time but i dont.

Anyway, watever i say you are going to dispute so i suggest the best thing to do for those like you who have the curiosity to want to know all the details of the attempted genocide i suggest you read up on the topics yourselves and research it because at the moment none of you has done that. i have done my research and i know enough about this tragedy and i have got my conclusions,

its time you did the same. then post your sources and conclusions

fair enough i would say

me   

Originally posted by Khalaf:

^^^^Me u said 50,000 people were not even in hergeyso/burco combined back then? fact or fiction? I dont know it. I think its time as u say to get bottom of this and argue wit facts instead of emotions/cruses as done in the past.

peace

The combined population of Hargeysa and Burco was around 75,000 in the late 80´s. So 50,000 deaths would be missed.

me   

Originally posted by A.J. Timacadeh:

Folks,

ur asking to many questions at once. i would love to answer them all if i had the time but i dont.

Anyway, watever i say you are going to dispute so i suggest the best thing to do for those like you who have the curiosity to want to know all the details of the attempted genocide i suggest you read up on the topics yourselves and research it because at the moment none of you has done that. i have done my research and i know enough about this tragedy and i have got my conclusions,

fair enough i would say

You are the one claiming 50,000 civilian deaths so the burden of proof is on you.

BTW..take your time answering those questions...or take a lesson from Comrade Badacase the question dodger.

I have provided proof but you chose to ignore it.

plus you claimed a counter figure so it is up to you to proof that figure.

Also it is you with the lack of knowledge and all the questions so its you that needs to get their info first before they can debate on the issue

Lake   

Originally posted by me:

quote:Originally posted by A.J. Timacadeh:

Folks,

fair enough i would say

You are the one claiming 50,000 civilian deaths so the burden of proof is on you.

BTW..take your time answering those questions...or take a lesson from Comrade Badacase the question dodger.
Proof that 50,000 civilian death is exaggerated number for yourself...

By the way. You're not fooling anyone to your location...Please.

I'm from bossaso as well

Ebyan   

What are you guys arguing about? The number of people who were killed? Does it really make a difference anyway?! A wrong was committed, just leave it at that.