Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland laughs of secessionist claims..

Gediid   

Meeshan Kashmir yar bey noqotey.Its just sad that the political elite from that area do not realise that neither Somaliland nor Puntland have the best interests of that region in mind.To Somaliland that region completes a map and to Puntland the region increases their sphere of influence.It is that simple but both camps will argue otherwise yet One thing that is clear Sool and Eastern Sanaag are the least devoloped regions in that area but both administrations are willing to fight over it.Its sad but true.

Khalaf

the old regime was faced by rebels: SNM, SSDF, ect a threat to national security therefore they were justified to use force by any means necessary to eliminate those threats

So the killing of 50,000 is justified to eliminate the threat posed by the SNM. Sxb, now i see why defending Xalane.

First and foremost the attacks of the people in the north were purely attempted genocide to eliminate the majority clan in the north who Siyad barre considered to be his and his clan's enemy. the SNM stood up for our people and for that they will always be honoured.

What is tragic is how you and many others are to do this trying to justify it by calling it merely and act to stop the SNM. you dont stop a militia by anihilating whole cities. that was merely and excuse and you seem to just regurgitate the hate that was and i suppose judging by your and xalane's support for the killings are still held held against my people.

And you wonder why Somalilanders cant ever see a re-unification?

sxb Common sense seems to have alluded you sxb. i suggest you go look for it

Khalaf   

^^^sxb "your people" are my people, wa daad muslim ah and wa daad somali any crimes against them is crimes against me. tan laab 50,000 deaths is a brutual masscure, nor could it be justified by me, i dont believe means justify the end, but some ppl do hence its a viewpoint out there in which we should counter n not censor. last there is no reason in my view to blame the actions of old regime on rest somalis and for that disemember somalia. Somalis can put the past behind them and form a brotherhood inshallah.

me   

Originally posted by A.J. Timacadeh:

So the killing of 50,000 is justified to eliminate the threat posed by the SNM.

50,000? Why don't you make it 6 million while you’re at it? We all know that this 50,000 number is highly exaggerated and keeps getting inflated every year. The civilian deaths in the 1988 operation we no more then 5,000. This is a large number and it is unfortunate that all these lives have been lost, but inflating the number of dead civilians with the purpose of creating more animosity and hate between the Somali people is nauseating to say the least.

Khalaf   

^^^^Thats what its said and by no means its small figure sxb, its a lie miya? What exactly happened i dont know.

me   

^^ Its a lie, the combined population of Hargeysa and Burco in 1988 wasn't even 50,000. This number is highly exagerated, some people use these unfortunate deaths as propoganda tools and thats sickening. They also always ommit the war crimes commited commited by the SNM.

We need independent investigation of what happened in 1988 and those responsible should be brought to court. Somalia needs a war crimes tribunal.

RedSea   

^How would you know that if Mr.me is the one not lying here, or you easy conveyed that easily as I EXPECTED.

The figure is more closer to 50,000 than to 5,000.

Obviously, mr.me cannot be asked about this since he sings cheerfully the tunes of Aabow Siyad and is in support of what Siyad Barre did to his own hometown...go figure.

Somaliyey tosoo ayey hadhowna lasoo ordaysaa.

me   

^ dear hometown boy, labadeenaba waan ognahay runta, there are no kids here you can lie to. Ma sidii aad been u sheegaysay baa beentaadi run u mooday?

Khalaf this is one of the reason that people like Badacase hate to see an independant investigation, because it will take away their little holocaust story.

The sooner we get to the bottom of this issue, the sooner we can move on.

What do you say about an independant investigation badacase?

Khalaf, there you go..

You have just proved a point. i told you the figure that most neutrals have estimated the death toll be at. then along comes Mr. ME and makes a proposterous figure which is completely unfounded and straight away you assume he is right and me and all the landers and neutrals are 'a bunch of liars.

How are Somaliland ever supposed to negotiate with that?

BTW it wouldnt surprise me if the figure was higher then 50 thousand with the number of mass graves jumping everywhere that hadnt yet been accounted for in most estimations.

M.E.

Its a lie, the combined population of Hargeysa and Burco in 1988 wasn't even 50,000

So how many was it then 30?40? or is that too much of an exageration.

You are on cloud cuckoo land and ignorant to the truth.

There have been independent investigations that researched this attempted Genocide from whom most estimates (50,000 and more) have come from.

I and every other lander would welcome any other investigations as we are people who always wish to prove the truth rather then spouting the ugly propaganda you and your uncles do here and in somalia on a regular basis.

War ha la is cafiyo!

Anyone wanna take a wild guess of how many Aydiid's militia killed or caused them to die by hunger, disease, or drowned in the high sea between Kenya and Somalia...

Khalaf   

AJ, u may have point, but brother ive seen Me debate many secessionists here on SOL and single handle put all of them in their place, therefore his words carried more weight, be it 50,000 acudi billhi or 100 people killed unjustily wa complete haraam, and the old regime committed gross human rights violations to higher degree but so did the snm. i await your evidence hadaba.