Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

How much U.S. involvment in the latest fighting in Somalia?

LANDER   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

lancer

And why would you want to begin a new
stage of war
.... Do you thing the ground could do with fresh fertilisation in the form of somali blood?

Caano Geel

I think you got me confused with Lancer,

secondly I don't see what my post had to do with wanting more blood shed. Thirdly, I find it ironic you would use the words of one of the bloodiest templar knights in your signature.

Another less famous quote from Amaury is the following «Les nôtres, n'épargnant ni le sang, ni le sexe, ni l'âge, ont fait périr par l'épée environ 20 000 personnes et, après un énorme massacre des ennemis, toute la cité a été pillée et brûlée. La vengeance divine a fait merveille.»

*roughly translated in english, he speaks of the entry of crusaders into an enemy town*

'Our side, spares no blood, nor distinguishes between the sexes or age, we killed 20 000 by the sword, the entire city was pillaged and burnt. Divine justice has worked wonders.'

^

You must be a peace dove.

Red sea,

your right sxb, nothing more can be added that hasn't already been said.

^^^ Pardon me dear friend, It was meant for lancer. and you miss read the name, I offer no apology for you getting the names mixed up. It was all your fault.. :D

lander

you've caught me out, and love the second quote. Do you know whether Amaury was a soothsayer and predicing the the somali context for us?

LANDER   

Originally posted by Didi Kong:

quote:Originally posted by LANDER:

But just how involved has the U.S. been in this conflict and what more have they done to ensure the swift defeat of the ICU?

What should be more important to you as a Lander is that the U.S. was the invisible hand behind Siad Barre's decimation of the population and the livelihood of the Somalis in the North. They provided the logistics, training, direction and support to carry out his military expeditions. US's involvement in the horn is a little to expansive to be enumarated. Your relying on the media to find out about all this makes everyone wanna say Earth to Lander!!!
Didi,

I use various media and litterature to inform myself and make rational deductions based on that info, if you have any other means of information that I haven't come across, please share. Secondly, U.S. support for Siad Barre in those times was a completly different scenario and world order. The U.S. supported Siad Barre because the Soviets retreated their support in favor of Ethiopia. So it was in the context of the Cold War nothing more nothing less. The Americans were not by any means or shape against Somalilanders nor did they pay much attention to Siad Barre's domestic agenda of the time. Also they knew next to nothing about the SNM nor did they really care to know much about the plight of Northern Somalis at the time. Their outlook was a strictly a strategic one aimed at countering the USSR in the horn.

In comparison to the current situation in Somalia, the U.S. is very aware of the ICU and follows their every move and they have clearly stated without mincing words that they see the ICU as an enemy in the war on terrorism. I hope you understand the contrast I'm trying to show by this lil comparison.

Duufaan   

maxaa adigu ku karkainaya, itoobiyaanka iyo maraykanku sxb ugu weyn miyuusan ahayn Riyaale. Hadii inta kale heshiiso, somaliland iyo Riyaale waa kaydka ay rabaan inay isticmaalayaan

LANDER   

Caano Geel,

walahi I wouldn't know how to apply Amaury's legacy in a somali context. I only know of his brief history and I'm only aware of some of his most infamous deads. Its ironic the english version of the quote 'Killed them all, let God sort them out' now a days is used by many of the pro-Bush, pro-War, evangelist modern day crusader camps when they don't understand the intricacies of foreign policy as far as the 'war on terrorism' is concerned. I think Amaury was a mad man from the little I know of him, and a religious extremist in the true sense of the word. Muslims historically have been known to be far more forgiving and sparing of their enemies in comparison.

Lander,

Countering the USSR is the most logical strategy to explain US involvement in the horn. Although there is some certainty to that and no one is denying it lets be realistic Somalia did not possess the geographic, economic, military or any other viable capacity to lessen much less remove impending Soviet threat. Neither did any country in East Africa including Ethiopia possess the potential to shift the balance of power between the two super powers. The Afghan jihad was a much more potent tool for that project. The reality is that 2 or 3 years before the invasion of Northern Somalia there was the presence of huge American oil conglomerates on Somali soil. There was the promise of oil and there was much effort dedicated to locating it and making preparations to drill out. Siad was the man who pimped his whole country to the them and as such he was a useful ally. There were acquainted with the plight of Northern Somalis and their struggles more than the average layman Somali like you and I. They helped put down the Northern rebellion and aided him in that. The civil war interjected itself in the efforts of the oil companies and they all pulled out prematurely. They are certainly going back they just have to make sure the environs are safe. Lander the truth shall set you free, I recommend that you go and find the leaders of yesteryear. They are around, well known government officials ask them if the Americans were involved or not. You will find more peace in this then providing proper burial for the slain dead.

PS; That should be enough to give you a paradigm shift :D .

They muzzled Eratareeya, the saddest part of this occupying Xabash. Wadaada Eratareeya ayee isku haleynaayeen on air power, especially giving them anti-aircraft misiles or opening their front. They also "warned" Masar, perhaps.

LANDER   

4 Biggest myths or strategic lies concerning ICU and the current conflict spread by Western Media.

4-The TFG has re-taken the capital and 'other' parts of Somalia. We all know the TFG never controled any part of the south aside from Baidoa and few surronding villages

3-Eritrea has sent in 'thousands' or even 'some' troops in Somalia and this is a proxy war between the two countries. Lie once again those who know media tricks like this can smell coming from a mile away. A ploy to turn the attention away from ethiopian involvment, one that is put out there to ease the guilt of collaborators and supporters. Eritrea has done nothing more than supply them with basic weaponry.

2-The 'Islamist' are feared and conduct executions for those who 'refuse to follow sharia' or dare oppose them. From all indications any executions done were of drug dealers and murderers. Many people have been publicly executed in Saudi Arabia for alot less.

'They are a Taliban style regime enforcing religious doctrine'. Once again this if for the uncle sam crowd that needs to hear familiar words like 'taliban', 'jihadist' or 'insurgent' in order to distinguish between friend and foe. Fact is the ICU were nothing like the Taliban in the sense that women weren't forced to wear jilbabs and were not refused educational rights as far as I'm aware. That is just one small difference among many others.

1-ICU has pumped its ranks with 'foreign fighters'. Some even claimed the foreign fighers outnumbered the locals. Well as I see it, many foreign fighters couldn't care less about Somalia. Now that most of the large scale fighting seems to be over, if there was so many of these 'foreign jihadist' were are they now? why haven't there bodies been found? Far as I know its only somali bodies that are littering the streets.

Castro   

The reality is that 2 or 3 years before the invasion of Northern Somalia there was the presence of huge American oil conglomerates on Somali soil. There was the promise of oil and there was much effort dedicated to locating it and making preparations to drill out. Siad was the man who pimped his whole country to the them and as such he was a useful ally. There were acquainted with the plight of Northern Somalis and their struggles more than the average layman Somali like you and I. They helped put down the Northern rebellion and aided him in that. The civil war interjected itself in the efforts of the oil companies and they all
pulled out prematurely.

Apart from your Freudian slip (in bold above), you've talked a lot but haven't said much. All huff but little puff, basically. And I recall you asking LANDER where he gets his information from, where do you get yours?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

^Ofcourse you couldn't resist see that is your problem. Always interjecting yourself everywhere. I didn't ask him where he got his information from, I already know he gets it from the media. I just directed him to seek more primary sources of information. Where do I get my info from lemme just put it this way for you. Not from the same sources as you. Capisce? Now beat it!

^Ofcourse you couldn't resist see that is your problem. Always interjecting yourself everywhere. I didn't ask him where he got his information from, I already know he gets it from the media. I just directed him to seek more primary sources of information. Where do I get my info from lemme just put it this way for you. Not from the same sources as you. Capisce? Now beat it!

:D:D:D .Ouch!!!

Originally posted by Captain Xalane:

quote:Originally posted by Didi Kong:

:D:D:D

.Ouch!!!
What is so funny about this?[To warrant a triple greeny grin]?

Mise its the dabodhilif blood in you that just KICKED in? :confused: Captain Xaarane?

Originally posted by Brown:

What is so funny about this?[To warrant a triple greeny grin]?

Mise its the dabodhilif blood in you that just KICKED in? :confused: Captain Xaarane? [/QB]

:D:D:D

Castro   

I just directed him to seek more primary sources of information.

If I may continue my unauthorized interjection, what recent primary sources of information have you read on the US involvement in the latest fighting in Somalia? What about similar sources on the US helping Afweyne "put down the Northern rebellion"?