Sign in to follow this  
FatB

friendship

FatB   

^^^ this actually 3 and no ur are still muslim as long as u atter "laa ilaaha ilalaahu; muxamdu RLA"

lexy don't take offence but u come across as someone who...er...doesn't socialize often...

NGONGE <<< lol

earz<< thanks for u reply but i question ur directed opinion.

Janna   

Animal Faram

As the previous brother mentioned it's 3.

One and Only

How did I become Anti-social?

Because I refuse to befriend non-believer's?

Throughout my schooling years, I have had plenty of friends (especially non-believer's), I no longer saw the point in hanging around with them. It wasn't getting me anywhere.

I mean yes it was a fun time but no it couldn't continue on any longer. Because I realised it was time to separate myself from evildoers.

So One and Only how can one become anti-social when they were social before hand? Care to back up your claim? Or was that a comment you are not willing to debate?

As for you "Monash student", enjoy your time with the non-believer's, there will come the day when you realise how many miserable years you have wasted with them.

salams to all... lexxy u absolutely rigtht...that seems to be the strongest opinion..the same thin the one who say "Lailaha ila Allah" and doesn't know what this word stands for and deosnt come with any of it's requirements,,but remember u didn't mention that b4 in ur post,,,based on dat i replied..

Allah knows best.

keep up the good work..

wasalam..

juba   

this is an interesting question. What about the people who live in completely non muslim societies, must they live in complete seclusion? What will that accomplish? And how is Islam to spread if muslims don't mingle with peoples of other faiths? I believe it's important to be well rounded and tolerant and that accomplished by meeting different people form yourselves, this could even lead them to the right path. All im saying is Allah might give exceptions to this.

Miriam1   

Ngonge..an absolute "LOL" is deserved~!!~

beard strokers..hehe...some men need to start putting some hair care products into those beards..some of the look like they have hay sticking out of thier faces!

The One and Only. I will not tell you to take my advice, since I am no certified religious know it all.

I will allow you to consider one question.

Q-Where do you live?

A-Western Country(many kafurs running around!)

( i know i wasnt suppose to answer my own question..tis rhetorical!)

My point is..Relax..dont isolate yourself at uni, speak to people, converse in common topics that relate to school and horrid professours..copy from those smart chinese girls...gosh if i didnt do that i would have failed all my economics classes by now!

On the otherhand ...dont adopt thier life style and start clubbing and taking meth...and listening to rap or hard rock..so that u would look like those mindless people with headphones on and all u see is them singing along, bobbing thier heads...

So sister ! keep the hijab on and those skirts loose...and also most importantly KEEP ya head up, we have to be aware of our surrondings..we arent home..we are in a foreign land..and for godsake lets be smart..how the heck are we to be a strong community in this land if we arent allowed to create connections with the non-muslims? I ask of you!!

Okay I am out..i think i filled my qouta of posts for the month..good day folks

Jacpher   

I would be wary to ridicule & mock the Sha’aer, symbols of Islam.

There's no harm in being friends with a non-Muslim as long as the friendship is limited. The danger lays when we cross the border of such friendship.

FatB   

lexy note i said

doesn't socialize often

not anit- social; but i apologice if i offended u.

copy from those smart chinese girls

lool; is that so...

there is one thing i c in ur replies, it appers that u are all steriotying these poeple, for some reason u all think that thy all go clubbibg and drink...well not the poeple i associate with are completly the opisit! one of my "friends" that i have nown since highschool does not drink or do any thing that "we" concider "sinning" how ever he is a spanish orthidox cathlic; who some times has higher morals than me!....<<< are these type of people that we should distance our selfs from???

May the Salaam be upon you, and the Mercy of Allaah, and His Barakaat.

I think the question was answered by Rashiid (he put it beautifully), I don't even know why this post is ongoing. Secondly, I'd love to mention an extremely important trait that the general Muslim body is lacking: critical thought. Some of these scholars may not be good communicators (or there may be a communication barrier between us [the unlearned] and they [the learned]), so if they make unclear statements like these, we should always ask them to clarify and specifically request examples (where possible), otherwise their explanations aren’t complete and can’t fully be understood. So how do they (the scholars) expect us to follow it?

Another matter that we’re forgetting when establishing a ruling in Islam is al-waaqic or “the environment.†When some heated debates occur as a result of ONE scholarly opinion (where there is no ijmaac), we have to keep in mind that these scholars are living the beautiful life, they’re in a marvelous environment where they interact and share knowledge with the World’s top scholars. Many of them are NOT in the United States, or Australia, or the rest of the countries dominated by non-Muslims, and they CANNOT understand life in THIS envrionment. Thus, it is extremely easy for them to say: “you shouldn’t befriend the kuffaar,†when we are indeed surrounded by kuffaar (I was in such a position not too long ago, and there are so many more of our beloved brethren in this position). And what is this supposed to mean anyway? It is haraam to befriend the kuffaar? In what conditions? What does “befriending†mean? What interactions are allowed and disallowed in a “friendship†with the kuffaar? Does it mean TOTAL seclusion? You get the gist? It is THESE questions that we must ask when we receive such unclear fatwas that only consist of mere statements without explanations (NOTE: not all scholars are this unclear; there are so many fantastically concise scholars). Thus, we should rectify ourselves as an ummah: the followers should stop looking for one-sentence fatwas and demand elaborate explanations with specific examples. If we’re engineering students, we love examples to accompany every new concept we come across, but why do we neglect understanding Islam given its sheer importance? Why do we ‘fatwa-shop’ looking for unclear fatwas and fail to make the effort in understanding our deen? I hope I didn’t lose any of you, I’m a poor communicator myself, so forgive me.

Ukhtee Lexy, your decision to cease interacting with the non-Muslims must be respected, as you have your eyes set on receiving Allaah’s mercy, and that is indeed a commendable act. But I hope you’ll understand that not every Muslim is blessed enough to have good Muslims around them. Also, regarding the matter of salaah (the one who neglects it is kaafir or not?), there is a difference of opinion amongst the scholars (and the sahaabah) on this particular issue. I personally believe that if I practice tarkus-salaah (leaving prayer), then I am indeed a kaafir, but this is our belief, and thus we must respect the opinions of the other noble salaf (and scholars) who either remained silent on this matter, or clearly indicated that tarkus-salaah doesn’t amount to kufr. Wallaau aclam.

Fii amaanillaah

Janna   

Aristote

How can you sit here saying one who doesn't pray is still a Muslim? One who doesn't pray and who stops praying regarded to be amongst the non-believer's.

As for me having Muslims around me. Unforunately a few act don't act like Muslims. Having said may Allah guide them.

Peace ukhtii Lexy,

I thought I clarified it on my post already, but I'll clarify it again. Sister, I'm not sitting here and giving out fatwas. I'm no scholars (not even a student of knowledge), so I'm in no position to give my opinions. To remain objective, I refer to the sahaabah (and those who followed them in goodness) as well as classical scholars. So, re-read my post ukhtii, and you'll find that it wasn't my opinion, but it is indeed the SCHOLARS and sahaabah that are divided on this issue. Should you refuse to accept this without at least researching it and hold onto your opinion as the only valid opinion regarding this matter, then you are disregarding the opinion of the learned ones (respected scholars of the opposing view) and sahaabah. Remember that in matters like fiqh, there are issues where scholars have reached ijmaac, and issues where scholars are divided. At least acknowledge the other opinion.

If you don't believe me, consult a learned student of knowledge and verify for yourself (after all ukhtii, I don't expect you to believe me, but at least verify my statements instead of flat out rejecting them). Wallaahu aclam.

Fii amaanillaah

Janna   

Aristote

I have been to many Islam lectures. All of them have said "One who doesn't pray is no longer a Muslim".

Hearing you said scholars have divided over this is somewhat new to me. I have always been tought that one who doesn't pray is not a Muslim.

How can there be any disagreements over this matter? The Salaat is part of the five pillars of Islam.