Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Who’s The Greatest # 10 Europe Ever Produced?

BOB   

First and foremost I am talking about Genuine #10 or as the Italian’s call it “Fantacista†who made you sit up and ask “How did he do that?. I know many of you couch potatoes (Yeah I mean you..whoelse?) will find this easy since Europe didn’t produce that many great #10’s and I can also imagine who many of you consider to be the greatest #10 Europe ever produced but I believe I got a player who I believe is far superior to him. without further ado here is the player who I believe is the greatest #10 Europe ever produced.

Roberto Baggio, the best European number ten i have ever seen...who do you think was the best?

PS. its sad to see the number of Pele and Maradona lost it's prestige and dignity in England where a certain Harewood and a player named Dickov who commits more fouls than Gormahia centre back wear it. how sad.

Peace,Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

The whole essence of the 10 shirt seems to have al but disappeared. It just does not have the same ‘umph’ as it did previously. There have been many great players recently who have never worn the number shirt.

I have to agree with you, Roberto Baggio (aka the Divine ponytail) was probably the best num 10 europe ever produced closely followed by Zainudine Zidane (no 10 for France, 21 for Juve and 5 for Real Madrid). Baggio pips him simply because of his emergence at an early age with great consistency throughout his career. Zizou arrived later at the big stage, yes he won more important medals but Baggio was unlucky with injuries. If he was 100% in the 1994 WC final, I’m convinced Italy would have won after he single handedly took them to the final (only done by Maradona previously – taking a whole team to the final on his own).

Having said that, I think Platini and Cruyff (not sure if he was a number 10) would have something to say about that!

Sincere   

Without a doubt, Lothar Mathaus has to be my pick. His record speaks for him.

Matthäus evolved into one of the most successful footballers in history. With Bayern, he won the championship seven times(1985 - 87, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2000), the DFB Cup three times (1986, 1998, 2000) and the Uefa Cup once, in 1996. 'There are very few players in the history of Bayern who have done so much for the club,' Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said in praise of Matthäus' efforts

Matthäus won 150 caps for Germany, more than any before him, and a record likely to stand for a long time yet. For Bayern, he made 302 Bundesliga appearances, scoring 85 goals. In 1990 and 1999 he was German footballer of the year, also collecting the European version of this honour in 1990. Still in 1990, and again in 1991, he was named World footballer of the year. He is one of only two players to have appeared in five World Cup finals

SoMa_InC   

Zinnedine Zizou Zidane has to be my pick. The brother has won everything in football. Its sad that he is not getting a lot of recognition and acknowledgment for this.

By the way, yall are talking about 70's and 80's, I wonder how old some of the brother up in this joint are? :D

Jaylaani   

Isn't the number 10 associate with the position you play in rather than the number you wear on your jersey? I thought you could wear 20 and play number 10 position. I could be wrong. I know little about soccer.

The best number 10 ... Tony Blair ... 10 downinng street.

Actually i was thinking and England never really had a great number 10 .... maybe Gazza could have been one... but then drinks and kebabs got o hs way ... now i know if only i quit Crystals ( best kebab joint in london ) and Milkshakes i could have a great number 5