Sign in to follow this  
QabiilDiid

Quotable Quotes

This has to be stored in SOL files.

wasiirkawarfaafinta.jpg

The socalled minister of information of SNM gang whose picture is above have promised that his group will soon commit gencide by killing all th Somalis in Garowe and Bosaaso. He said rivers of blood will be running in the streets of these two Somali cities.

"Waxa naga ballan ah in Boosaaso iyo Garoowe dhiigu qulqulan doono" Wasiirka Warfaafinta

[http://www.boramanews.com/312.htm]Source: "]http://www.boramanews.com/312.htm[/url]

BiLaaL   

How is he different from the dozens of SOL members who've taken sides on this conflict? Some talked of 'liberating' LA while others called for its forceful retake. Did any of these SOL members consider the civilian casualties that would arise from the opposing sides taking further action to either 'liberate' or 'recapture' LA respectively?

You could all do with a somber address in the dire, long-term consequences of these land grabs. Only months ago, diplomats from certain countries were hinting at a then controversial proposal of solving the Somali conflict by dividing the country into 'tribal enclaves'. The idea went - that each sizeable clan would be alloted with whichever region it claims to own. Each region would then have its own President, parliament, military and police force etc. This would mean goodbye to Somali sovereignty or even of its mere existence. A sizeable number of 'independent' states would take its place.

This idea was being tossed around for sometime but only in private, until recently. The reason those diplomats had the guts to even suggest this 'controversial' (more than controversial if you ask me) idea, is because they've seen the Somalis themselves were in fact implementing it. The formation of Makhir state and the recent conflict over which clan has more residents in LA, is a case in point.

So go ahead people, continue being stuck in your little tribal enclaves while your country disintegrates. If we continue to support one clan against another while paying no attention to the long term consequences this would have for the survival of the Somali state, our very existence as a people will be in grave danger. This is a path that our enemies would very much like for us to continue on. Soon, we'll lose the title of being from Somalia or even of being Somalis. Rather, we'll be referred to by our respective, independent, tribal enclaves.

So, yes - the words of this Minister are truly despicable but how is he different from the many SOL members who've been anticipating this conflict for weeks with an almost deafening chorus. And who were quick to take sides without due regard for the Somali civilians caught in the middle. One would have thought that two foreign armies were clashing, not two sides from the same country.

NGONGE   

^^^ Though that is not the case at the moment and though you may start thinking I am stalking you smile.gif , what exactly would be the problem with having a fragmented Somalia that is in peace with itself? What (in your eyes) is so important about keeping the Republic of Somalia intact?

The popular American saying goes "if it aint broke, don't fix it", but in the case of Somalia things have gone beyond being merely broken! In fact, this reminds me of a quote in the early nineties by the then UN envoy to Somalia (Al-Akhdar Al Ibrahimi). He once compared Somalia to a broken glass and talked about the difficulty of putting that glass back together! So, what is your objection to having these enclaves as long as peace reigns? What is this great idea of Somalnimo that you still hold dear after seventeen years of countless disappointments,saaxib?

(bear in mind that you did not at all imply that these states will fail, you merely rejected them for the simple fact that they'll dismember Somalia).

ps

We await the reply of the 'Minster' of information of Puntland. I dare wager that he'll come up with even worse words than the foolish Somaliland one.

Paragon   

^^Brace yourself, mate. It so happens that suggesting such enclaves has earned me an unfavourable reputation among some here.

PS: I still insist: all clans must be at a level playing field for equality's sake.

And here comes the predictable response :D !

Dismembered Somalia will not be at peace with itself! The disintegration will recursively continue! Look no further adeer. Look at Puntland. Maakhirland! Was it not part of Puntland yaa NGONGE? What gives assurances that once certain powerhouses get their pie of the broken Somalia, they will stay together?

If Somalia, a country of about ten million, cant constitute a nation that’s at peace within itself, I would love to know what makes smaller, more clannish in its composition, succeed!

I agree with Xiin here, If nation with only 10 Million people can not stay together, I dont see how Mogadishuland or Puntland or Jubaland or any other land you have in mind can be a country. Wadaado (without Qabiil Agenda in mind) is the only solution to somalis problem.

NGONGE   

Xiin,

He dismissed the idea for Somalnimo not because of the reasons you give. When he spoke about dire consequences at the start of his post I too assumed that he was talking about the likely failure of these enclaves, but no, he was not talking about that. He was simply unhappy with the idea of having a number of independent lands rising out of the corpse of Somalia! I believe it was worth asking him why he thought so.

Nin walba Somalnimoo ku waashay lakin mid eno fasira Somalnimadan baas waxay tahay baa la waayaay. Forgive me for getting irritated by empty slogans with no accompanying explanations. But I think it is worthy to understand one's positions before spouting out all sorts of waffle (with all due respect to the brother of course). smile.gif

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by NGONGE:what exactly would be the problem with having a fragmented Somalia that is in peace with itself? What (in your eyes) is so important about keeping the Republic of Somalia intact?

What guarantee do you have that a fragmented Somalia will be at peace with itself? Consider some of what Xiin has suggested.

Also, have you thought about the economic viability of these tribal enclaves. How will they sustain themselves? Each tribal enclave will constitute no more than 3 million at the most. This tells me that different enclaves will start attacking one another for resources. And so, the next round of conflicts will begin.

Further to my argument, as we've seen with SL and PL, smaller, less powerful 'states' are more prone to interference, manipulation and outright exploitation from regional states (Ethiopia?). Look at how Ethiopia utilizes ports in the said areas.

Keeping the Somali Republic intact is more than just a nostalgic idea. Its the only solution for any Somali who wishes to live in dignity. Bare in mind, if it weren't for the interference of foreign players, no Somali would tolerate the actions of either SL or PL in attempting to create tribal enclaves. Like it or not, there will always remain a group of Somalis (now in the majority) who will do anything to keep Somalia a unified state. As much as our enemies despise it, breakaway regions such as SL and PL will never be accepted by most Somalis. Indeed, future insurgencies will be fighting not only to liberate Somalia proper but also might be fighting to bring such enclaves back into the fold of the Somali republic. Why else has the idea of Greater Somalia remained in the conscience of most Somalis for so long?

The idea of rejecting tribal enclaves is one based on practicality, maintaining future peace and prosperity and above all, on ensuring that the dignity of Somalis as a group of people and as a nation is not trampled upon by outside forces.

Khalaf   

Bilal i agree with essence of the rest of your message, but this:

Originally posted by BiLaaL:

So, yes - the words of this Minister are truly despicable but how is he different from the many SOL members who've been anticipating this conflict for weeks with an almost deafening chorus. [/QB]

Sxb u can't be serious? You are giving too much credit and influence to SOL members, they are not policy makers or party/entity speakers, this is a "minster" sxb not at the caliber of some cat with a pc and clanish fervor.

ps: these tribal enclaves which are a present to the enemies of somalia, will continue to exist until somalia gets a strong government with honest leadership.

NG said:

ps

We await the reply of the 'Minster' of information of Puntland. I dare wager that he'll come up with even worse words than the foolish Somaliland one.

wa shaash.

Fabregas   

Due to the alleged oil in Somalia there will be many different conflicts. Different subclans will attempt to control resources through warfare. This whole thing about declaring is a way of making sure that certain subclans get their share of the pie. It doesnt take a genius to work that SL and PL are competing for one another in Sool and Sanag to capture alleged mineral etc....

quote:So, what is your objection to having these enclaves as long as peace reigns?

The problem is that peace wont reign, well not now at least. Secondly some of these lines being drawn arent even enclaves. They are simply reers or subclans declaring themselves independent of any central authority and attempting to take control over resources. Clearly every Somali subclan cant get what it wants. We are seeing this in Kismaayo where a subclan wants to control the resources and security of an entire city. This is the same with Lasanod subclans have taken control. Obviously the other subclans are going to regroup and fight another

day. Just the day an Ethiopian leader admitted that they were arming non Ocaden Somali subclans in order to divide and quesh the rebellion in that region. Thus a Somalia with multiple subclan states will eventually lead to other states and foreign companies arming and favouring one over the other.

BiLaaL   

Paragon - history will judge both parties. Rest assured though, future generations will favor those who call for the reunification of the Somali state more than they will ardent separatists. This i can guarantee.

Paragon   

^Future generations, indeed. It is exactly them that I am setting the stage for, BiLaal. I would want to have a level playing field where each clan, entity or regional state would find it acceptable in the play of things. Then, I would want them to negotiate on united on the common basis of 'mutual' Somalinimo. Bear in mind the 'mutual' in my sentence, sxb. Currently, there is only talk of force and an all-conquoring war... I mean it is imposible to expect good from force, BiLaal. Mutual and respectful agreement just as it is valued between two men, it is also valuable to national unity sxb.

Even then, if we come up with some macquul propositions, who knows, Somalilanders might join the mutual unity. I am being far too philosophical about the whole matter I know - but nin rag ah gar-eexo laguma sandulayn karo. Just as reer LaasCaano aanan waxba loogu sandullayn karin.

BiLaaL   

Mutual and respectual agreement it is, Paragon. You're not being philosophical at all. Just reasonable and entirely just.

Khalaf - SOL members may not be policy makers but they are Somalis. Its not my intention to raise their ego. I abhor any Somali, at this critical stage of our history, who blindly follows the line of his/her tribe. I'm simply trying to awaken them to their illogical stance at this grave hour.

Fatah_Al_Soomaal - exactly my point. You've come up with some brilliant examples.