Sign in to follow this  
contraflow

The Fall of Puntland is Inevitable

As the tilte states, the future of Puntland is very bleek at the moment. The reasons are as follows:

- the sharing of seats in Puntland's business town of bosasoc which has created mistrusted amongst the clans that inhabit the region

- the killings of the 2 men in Garowe and the rising insecurity in major cities

- regions such as Sanaag and Sool are neglected and don't get as much attention as Bari or Nugaal

- the never ending quarrel amongst clans that some of the politicians see Puntland as only Bosaso to Galkacyo strip

Due to the issues mentioned above the disintegration of Puntland is not far away,if politicians, elders, intellectuals etc don't put thier act together.

Your opinions and solutions are welcomed.

Puntland is getting stronger. its air port is getting built.

Local government structure have been formed, In Garowe the mayour has been elected. Other citeis are allocating their seats , from Bossaso, Galkacyu, Las Ano etc. This is progress.

Puntland has good leadership in place, General Cade and his cabinet have done a wonderful job. Investment is pouring in, its inflaunce in the central government is strong, relation with its neighbours is better. Compared to the dark days of 2001-2003 this is Puntlands best time since inception.

Duke, you are right Puntland has never been better, however there is always room for improvement. All I'm saying is that ignoring certain issues will not help in progressing.

Soo Maal, you are right I should have used a more constructive title but I figured this was a very good way of getting the nomads attention

Johnny B   

Originally posted by contraflow:

Duke, you are right Puntland has never been better, however there is always room for improvement. All I'm saying is that ignoring certain issues will not help in progressing.

Soo Maal, you are right I should have used a more constructive title but I figured this was a very good way of getting the nomads attention

contraflow ...

Speak your mind.

Puntland won´t get better or worse JUST becouse you think what you think.

I´,m not a Puntlander but i wish it to prosper, just like the rest of Somalia.

It´s what you think that matters, not how some self hypocritically pious ppl tell you to put it.

Constructive criticism is very appreciated. No region, state and individual is perfect there are always room for improvement as our brother countraflow said and which I totally agree with.

However if you criticise you have to show both sides of the coins and I actually believe as brother Duke already said that our region with the grace of our lord is getting stronger and better every day (alxamdullaah).

The new government of his excellency Boqor Cadde Muuse Xirsi is very progressive and more transparent than the old regime under the leadership of Ina-Yeey, which Iam glad to see the back off because of his lack of investment. he invested heavy in the Police and Armed forces which we are greatful for because they build the basis for our precious peace.

Now there are a lot of developments going on back home and the futures lookes nothing but bright in every sense of the world.

Relax and Watch this short clip showing Bosasonias abusing some sheep!

bossaso2.jpg

http://www.ruudelmendorp.dds.nl/bossaso.wmv

I am not disputing the progress being made. I just don't want people to ignore the dark side because if we don't address those issues one day the little problems could become big ones.

Thanks for the video by the way

Johhny

I think by just posting this topic I have said what's on my mind loud and clear.

Sky   

You werent kidding sxb, I just witnessed goat abuse. They literaly threw goats in the depth of the container man. :eek: But thats a problem for the Arabs, as long as we Somalis get our cash.

I gather you know the famous Dutch freelance journalist Ruud Elmendorp, who went to Boossaasso to shoot a report on Xaafuun.

eindshot.jpg

Ruud Elmendorp in a mass graveyard in Uganda.

Here are some of his pictures of water facilities in Boossaasso:

BossasoBorehole.jpg

BossasoBorehole2.jpg

BossasoBorehole3.jpg

BossasoWatertank.jpg

Johnny B   

Originally posted by contraflow:

Johhny

I think by just posting this topic I have said what's on my mind loud and clear.

Good !! you´re satisfied ? so am i ;)

You´ve raised some intresting issues in your 1st post, n asked for elaboration on the points.

i don´t see that happening. icon_razz.gif

Xudeedi   

Politics of Puntland will play a major role in stifling any prospect of Sanaag development, because such a developmental aspect will see self-reliant province that cannot be used as a place to wage proxy wars with Somaliland. Puntland is not against Somaliland per se, its only interest is to make sure no other strong provinces ( like Sanaag or Sool) arise near it. There, Puntland state will always strive to disrupt the security of Sanaag and Sool clans by finger pointing at Somaliland as an overarching tribal enemy. And where there is no security there is no freedom or autonomy; where these things are present there is no a chance of development. Puntland state uses some elders of Sanaag and Sool to carry out its external interests. Sanaag and Sool are to Puntland’s “Stalin's Eastern Europe buffer zoneâ€, with a different twist. The different twist comes from the fact that while Stalin was suffering from chronic national insecurity, Puntland state suffers from chronic fears of future developments in Sanaag or Sool.

The solution lies with the educated youth of Sanaag and Sool.

Gabbal   

^^That's quite a mouthful Maakhir. Sxb, in all honesty, you have managed to intrigue me as to why you feel that way? What is your foundation for your beliefs? What do you foresee as to the future relationship between Sool/Sanaag and Puntland or Sool/Sanaag and Somaliland? And, lastly, are you of the mind to call for complete autonomy of Sool and Sanaag, join with Somaliland, or stay with Puntland? You have managed to quirk my curiosity with your almost politician-like chosen words above.

So now reer Sool$ Sanaag are being used and abused, what a joke. Like I said before if people of those regios feel as strongly as you,then they should form their own state.

How is Puntland starting wars in those regions? Please do enlighten me.

Johhny

Obviously some people like to blind themselves but finally I found someone who speaks their mind like Maakhir

Duufaan   

Indeed Puntland is growing, however the sprit of puntland is dying. First Cade Muse is a Homeboy and the VP is a High School Teacher. Neither is charismatic or talkative. They lack vision and political strategy. They are not appealing majority of putland people. The mistakes are many. Things can get even worst. The only success, government workers are getting paid, without doing nothing not to mention, Cade is hiring unproportionally his relatives.Simply Xaashi is missing. indeed He was appealing majority of putland people.

Sky   

Times have changed and Puntland leadership has changed. The Yeey-Xaashi period was about building peace and governance from scratch as well as uniting the Northeasterners (SSDF, USP, SNDU) in one block to reach that goal itself, but also use that block in peace negotiations with our traditional enemies (USC, SNM etc.) to get our fair share of the pie. Both goals are achieved, anno 2005 Northeastern Somalia is enjoying relative peace and prosperity and on the other side the president of Puntland became the president of Somalia at October 10th.

Now we have Cadde-AfQudhac as the leaders of our state. The new goals are economic and social development. Let me give you a glimpse of the work of Cadde in Boossaaso alone=

• A modern international airport is being build in Boossaasso by the Puntland government, businessmen and some help of Sharjah Emirate
  • the port of Boossaasso will be expanded and upgraded with help from Sharjah Emirate
  • 10.000 trees planted in the coming 3 years in Boossaasso and additional 500 palm trees in and around the airport