Sign in to follow this  
Somali-feminist

ogadyn

Rahima   

U got point here , but don't u think IF we were not sick inside we would care about the name of the region? Does colonist care the name?

Sister that is not the point. Personally, I agree with the shaykh, simply because using the name ******ia is misleading for it is a somali land inhabited by many various clans and to give it such a name takes some credit away from it, it makes it seem likes the mujaahidiin are fighting for their qabiil pride. Personally it does not diminish my support (and I'm sure many nomads here) for I know it is a jihaad, however not everyone is the same.

Furthermore, don't you think that a name such as ONLF is just plain wrong? I will be honest, it would make me far more proud to have a neutral title- for unfortunately in such a society as Somalia where tribe is the life essence for many, our people are touchy about the topic and therefore we should try to avoid it at all costs.

Sophist   

Any body who is interested in the history of Imaamunaa Ahmed Gurey should read this book : Futouh Al-Habasha written by an Arab who was present at most of the battles waged by this sage.

sadeboi   

I'm an abaayo, gabadh, a lady

:D ok mybet abaayo :D

my dear nomads i jsut wanted ta mention that ahmed guray was not somali he was ethiopian :confused: I think his mother was Somali, at least that's what I've heard. She was from the largest clan of West Somalia :confused: I was told thatAhmed Gurey was an Arab that was married to the duaghter of one the Sultans

wow ahmed guurey must have been a multi-african racial (if there is such a thing)guy the real thing is ahmed gurey was a somali and not only that he was SADE who grew up in west somalia !

by rahima

our people are touchy about the topic and therefore we should try to avoid it at all costs.

we should avoid it ??? :confused: aboowe/abayoo (i made a mistake last time with ameenah) how are we ever going get over anything if we had our feeling and thought about our problems by hiding our problems we arent getting anywhere, unless we put it out on the open and discuss our issues i think as somalis are civilized enough to sit down sip a little qaxwo and talk over our problems

Gabbal   

Og_Girl

Sis you are right, t the name of the region does not matter. Whether its Ogadeenya or Somali Galbeed, at the end of the day it's our people that are being massacred and abused and killed and harrassed and oppressed. We should be taking about action, instead of thinking about how the name points to a certain qabiil or not.

Fact: The region is internationally known as Ogadeenya or the Ogadan.

Fact: The Ogadani qabiil are the majority of inhabitants as well as most of the victims.

Fact: WE ARE ALL SOMALI.

The Habesha will always divide and rule if we do not get our mentality straight and far from qabiil politics and ideology. Their main intent will be and has always been to find a route to the Indian ocean. Today it is the Ogadan, tomorrow it is Berbera or Bosaso or Marka or Kismaayo. Who knows?

OG_Girl   

HornAfrique, walaalo I know I am right. As Somalis we don't listen to each other, we just waste our time arguing about the same thing!

Rahima, I read your arguments, however, I have already answered you. There is NO need to repeat it here again. Nevertheless, if you must insist, it is really simple. Ethiopians are subjugating Somalis, and we share their oppression equally. If you don’t like the ONLF, why don’t you initiate your own form of resistance that would be suitable for you? Why would you vilify the only ones who are willing to do something about it?

Intizaar, sweetie it is time to face the reality. These people will never get the point. They are making a big fuss about a name, while they are fighting in Somalia?? Isn't Somalia a neutral name? Why don’t they do something about it? Why are they still fighting? Why are they camouflaged in Warlord Avatars? In my opinion they are being hypocrite in calling for a neutral name, when they have one and can’t seem to unite. Look at the TNG, nobody seems to support it, isn’t it an all-inclusive name? What about the Conference in Nairobi, isn’t it for Somalia and they still can’t seem to agree. I guess, they will always find an excuse not to do anything. As a good friend once told me, “Baroortu Orgiga ka weyn”!

Salam

Rahima   

OG_girl:

Sister i think you are getting ahead of yourself here.

All i was saying (before you somehow mistook my point for something else ;) ) is, it is unfortunate the way our society is, but let's face the facts, until we get everyone (or most) on board and until we eliminate the great number of hypocrites, we will not get anywhere. Right here in Australia, there are meetings for this cause, but who knows about it and who attends? Certainly not all Somalis, and this needs to be changed. We need to make our people (not just expect them to, when you see a problem make sure you try to alleviate it not just point it out and say alas what can we do?) understand and comprehend that they too have a vested interest in this as Muslims firstly, then Somalis second. By doing this, then we wouldn't have people giving their hard-owned dough to the crooks that continue to destroy their homeland but rather to a worthy cause (as this jihaad is).

Also, you need to understand that in war, propaganda plays a very important role- it can basically break or make the support from the populace. As Hornafrique pointed out (although I will be using the same argument in a different light smile.gif ), the amxaaro are employing probably one of the best tactics they have in gaining victory, divide and conquer. Therefore, we are left with one of two choices, either create an Allah-fearing population that realises that names shouldn't really matter (or the fact that one tribe is the majority), or create another system whereby we can at least cease this business of betrayal (not necessarily have everyone on the battlefield for we all know intention is crucial in a jihaad). So basically since I doubt we can create an all Allah-fearing population anytime soon, we must at least exercise the latter of the two tactics. I am acknowledging it is unfortunate, but we don't have much of a choice. I think that Siyaad Barre was very intelligent when it came to these sorts of tactics, he at least made the rest of the Somalis realise that it is their problem also- although his intentions were based on nationalism and not Islam, which is probably why he failed, wa laahu aclum.

And btw sister, as i've already said, this jihaad is very close to home for me also (as a lot of my father's family reside in Jig Jigga and Dirdawa and have experienced first hand persecution) so there is no need to take things personally as it affects others also, not just you smile.gif .

Furthermore, there is no problem in having discussions, the problem arises when some of us take things too personally and accuse others of allegations which are far from the truth (vilifying?? I don't believe I was).

Anyway, we will leave it at that. But you are right on one thing, it is silly when two people who are in essence saying the same thing cannot seem to understand one another.

OG_Girl   

Rahima, I'm glad we're all for the same thing. I guess it was dumb of me not to realize that. In any case, as long as we want to liberate our land, lets do it, by any means necessary. This has been my point of view, and will continue to be whether it is today, tomorrow, and thereafter.

Salam

Salaan...

Originally posted by sadeboi:

the real thing is ahmed gurey was a somali and not only that he was SADE who grew up in west somalia!

I suppose "sade" to denote a clan name. If so, I would rather without reservation accept an Axmed Gurey who is Oromo or Cafar than a clanized Soomaali one. Some people are even disputing whether he was Soomaali at all, and here we have a guy who dares to clanize him.

sadeboi   

I would change your name into something decent before you'll be seen as a clannist/tribalist.

lol clannist ??? aboowe let look at your name PUNTMAN?? i can atomatically know what you stand for wat your political beliefs everything you are ;) and how do you know if my name isn't SADE??

Baashi   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

^^ lol.

Yeah MMA, he was reer
Mufti Marag Cabbe. Known for their fierceness and their combative nature. They were all left-handed.

loooooooooooooooooooool @ reer Mufti Marag Cabbe...yeah but u forget his sub-clan reer Silig Ku Findhicishe they were the ones who terrorized them Habasha.

Rahima   

I could be one of the low-caste clans of Puntland

So there are low-caste clans? You'd think we would of have learned after all this time :rolleyes: .

"All people are equal, as equal as the teeth of a comb. There is no claim of merit of an Arab over a non-Arab, or of white over a black person, or of a male over a female. Only God-fearing people merit a preference with God."

And anyway, PUNTMAN and SADEBOI, ever heard of the age old saying:

It's like the pot calling the kettle black?

Think about it :D

As much as I support the people of that region for their independence, I can't see how Somalia can give any meaningful support except moral and verbal one. The people of the region must take charge for their affairs and not seek directions from Somalia. As Somalis say "Labo Qaawani isma Qaado".