Sign in to follow this  
Somali-feminist

ogadyn

Liqaye   

Things change...and we are yet to see if a regime based on the subjugation of nationalities will survive greater somalia.

Like i said things change....

Qudhac   

One thing is certain today according to most east african political analysis and that is this region of ethopia inhabited by somalis would have been part and parcel of somalia today had it not been for the ill timed and useless war siade barre waged on ethopia in late 70,s.

The siade barre regime was never really intrested in the intrest of these somalis and it ignited a war they knew they were certain to lose for own political gainst in somalia, so all the somali were tricked into going to war with a blind fold on. screaming some patrotic songs.. like songs will win you a war.

the politcal climate was actually favourable to somalis getting this region back before the war, Ethopia at that time had no long term plan to actually keep this land, their foreing policy was at that time if the somali government excepted that this region was part of ethopia under international law at that time then ethopia will immediatly hand this region over.

but due to arrogance and hard headedness the siade regime totaly refused this offer and declared war, then after this disasterious war ethopia wanted to keep this region indefenately to act as buffer with any future wars with somalia.. and since that war ethopia has had no plan to see this region as part of somalia.

at this moment kilinka shanaad have actually fared well under this new federal ethiopian government compared to former regimes.

after all that we are in 2004 and there isnt even somalia state let alone somaliweyn, so i dont see what somalia of today has to offer anyone, so please lets not go down the road of the 70's screaming like a headless chicken into the abiss because if an emty and unrealistic patrotic slogans meant anything the arabs would have done something for palastine with it.

let the people of that region deal with their destiny as it has became apparantly clear that like the arabs we cant even do something for ourselves let alone others.

truth hurts but its about time we excepted it.

OG_Girl   

The problems are many, but how can our brethren of this area gain independence when their own fellow brothers are stabbing them in the back day and night.

Rahima, sis,I know what u exactly talking about , but that should stop us to keep fighting to get back our Land? every where in history there is "back stabbers" from their own flesh blood.that what Palastinian suffering about now.

as Shaykh Umal (who is from that region) said, it is best that the area is given a neutral name (like Somali Galbeed) in order to get everyone on board in the struggle.

U got point here , but don't u think IF we were not sick inside we would care about the name of the region? Does colonist care the name? !.In other hand why those whom not happy about the name why they don't create other "Mojahedeen"I mean make several "JABHAD" to fight in order to get back what is ours? Do (ONLF), should stop them to do their part of the job? Oooh sister my head never stop questioning. sister there is a lot of hypocrisy going on. We all know and no one can deny O G A D E N I A is Somali land and was part of somalia before eurepian colonists divide somalia, and will stay ours, whatever the name we should call , the perioty now is to get it back then I think the somali people whom live that region will sit and decide what they want...But to stop every thing and wait for somalis support whom killing each other in motherland!!... as my sister Ameenah said: "we shouldn't sit back and wait (miracle) for rest of "somalia" to unite and stop fighting".We shoul keep doing our part , I wish if we had too many Jabhad if u want call( Somali Galbeed) or Somali whatever...isn't our "goal" to back our region? Isn't the dream to have Somalia? then why worry about the name of certain tribe? I think the happy END will be when we see in the map name ...SOMALIA with all regions.Dream dream dream...isn't every one's right to dream to be in heaven! .

For the brother who said " if we want other somalis' support us we should change the name of the region" , wallalo isn't enough being somali whatever my tribe is to support me when I need u? isn't my tribe part of somali nation? for ur information , there is all kind of somalis live that region and they have equel rights, NO tribe owns the region is somali land. doesn't mean the region happened to name after that so called largest tribe ( I am not sure if they r largest or not)is not part of somalia and every somali have right to be part of it.I don't know if I am making sense here or not. BY the way I seen some people very comfotable calling the region "kalenka shanad)and when they hear O.gadenia,their face turn to red from the anger....is somali desease(qabiil)!!!!.

Libaax and Jamaal thanx for the information.

Salam

Xudeedi   

Everybody is saying this was this and that but the bottom line is the Somalis in Ethiopia are dormant politically and they are not actively engaged the war or path to independence. In 1886, when the British gave this region to Ethiopa, it was entering treaty with different clans of Somalis at the same time such as people of Sanaag and Bari region. They had pact with superpowers for significant reasons. They fought and gained independence. Eritrea gained its independence through long and fierce war against the Mingiste's government.

I think the ****** people need to wake up and fight like Palestinians do. There was one time i met a person from that region. In fact he was brainwashed by the Abyssinians and their bogus nationalism. He never believed there was Somali region in Ethiopia and that the people in that region are part and parcel of Ethiopia despite the fact they are under-represented in the cabinet minister or positions in the government. He kept telling me that it is the best interest of our people that we become Ethiopians and not Somalis like we used to. He was truly strutting his political stuff as something legitimate. We got livid in our conversation and from there on; we ended our discussion lest that it embroils us into internecine argument.

I think there are so many people in that region who are traitors, conspirators of Amhara government. You can't conduct business there or import your own product. Apparently, those people draw shame for the rest of us. They convince Amhara in their conspiracy theory something heinous, disgusting image of our people, very intricate situation indeed.

Lastly, even though , there is no government in Somalia right now, Somalis can live with being stateless status because the sense of freedom is more expensive than anything in the world.

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

BY the way I seen some people very comfotable calling the region "kalenka shanad)and when they hear O.gadenia,their face turn to red from the anger....is somali desease(qabiil)!!!!.

[/QB]

If one name is tribalistic, and the other one given by the ethiopian occupation force, I don't see why one would be more acceptable than the other.

i just have one problem with blanketting one ethnic name to a whole region! its not political corret! namean!

what about the other clans who r from there! i am sure they feel lesser when they hear og referred to western somalia or the hood region! namean!

my mom side is from jigjiga and is combined of og and gg!lol..(i love to use abreviations of clan names) :D

so, i keep hearing this constant haggle about it!

i mean, u know lately, in nomad families, u have the radical, the liberal and the nationalist! so its a mess!!! big time!!

lemme hear your shout out ppl!! cut lose!!lol.

Xudeedi   

Exactly brother rudy. There are so many clans that reside in Ogaadden region. A large proportion of every clan that now lives in Somalia also lives in Zone five region. As the saying goes don't judge the book by the cover, we, majority of us from Somalia interpret this region as sole region of one clan but it is far from truth.

I think Ethiopia has hidden objective that she is pursuing in the long run. Our society aren't aware of that. Even though i said, the sense of freedom is the most expensive sentiment you could ever have in your life despite being stateless now, we lack the vision and determination to dissuade Amharas from becoming the recipient of our giant sea. It is plausible that Somalia become part of Ethiopia. If not I like to read a thoughtful analysis of Ethiopia's conspiracy in Somalia.

sadeboi   

Why the plurals brother? I speak for me -not the entire SL population

lol ok you but abowe when there are no other somalilanders in this debate that you are speaking for the somalilanders on your behalf for there is no other somalilanders view in here which means your are a repersentative for them in this topic!! but its koo!!

The Somali (including my own) 'governments' have all demonstrated that they are not interested in supporting the people of Og.adenia

hmm abowe i dont know if u noticed this but a little brief of reality is that somaliland is the only region that is seeking to get independence and further its self from somalia or what is left of somalia but anywaz the topic is about ******ia and inshalla ******ia will be free and we will fight with u when we the somalis who have a country unite and become one! but know since we are killing eachother how can we help our brother???? ceeb caylak we are the same ppl who speak the same language who have the same religon when we couldnt find anything else to fight about we fought over our gggggggggggggggggggggggreat grandfathers names??? we are all somalis damn!

ina adeer listen yeh, my granduncle is one of the first guys who had the balls to stand up against Afweyne thuglord, so don't piss me off mate!

sadeboi, maybe I should change my nick into kablalaboi now everyone knows wich tribe I belong too lol.

lol man wow you are one lucky guy to be related to "freedom fighter " :D wow i wish i had the honor to be related to col.yusef too damn! my tribe mite be all out there but see i haven' said one thing to show i ama MX or even faaniyo my qabil i have not yet said my adeer was the greatest or nothing like im might how ever put my qabil out there but i doubt that if my name wasnt that you would've not known wat i was and its KABLALAX

maakhir!

we lack everything today! u named it and we lost it! i am so ashamed these days, its eating me alive! and believe me, its showing on everything we do as a nation! u named its gone! buff!!! redface.gif

well ethos purpose is all clear as mud, however, we nomads are so busy dizzing each other in really non productive childish behavior! insha Allah, we will smell the ethos bag of tricks and make our fore fathers proud and recalim our dignity!!

remember, that our dimise is not foreigners invading but rather our own brethrens! by them

being so efficient in the old divid and rule techinques they learned from the old colonial masters!!

Bachelor   

I myself had a big disagrement with my family on this naming issue. 90 % of fromer WSLF was from ****** primarly Og clan and i dont know what different that will make. We are fighting each other for minner thing and losing the big picture which is our enemy is Ehtiopia and they are being oppressing our people day in and day out. For Amxaaro, somali is somali and care very little which qabil you are from.

My question though, do you guys belive we will better off if you change the name ******ia to Somali Galbeed and ONLF with WSLF? and how?

Xudeedi   

rudy, i was busy reading at the different posts that i forgot your reply. You made a point here that our brothers are threat to our nation's future. That is true but ignorance is grinding Somalia. We do have elders who at the behest of their pedigree appeal to young uneducated youth back home. We have millions of young unemployed brothers who barely eke out their sustenance. They rely on the clan welfare or resources provided to Somali warlords to support thier livelihoods but turns to be the incentive when mobilizing and organizing malitias for internal war and plunder. Just remember the former Kenya's president, his declaraton to uncover the conspiracy behind Somalia's endless civil war. He said both Kenya and Ethiopa are doing their part to destablize Somalia in order to prevent future united Somalia from claiming again those disputed land such as now Ogadeeenya and NFD. We need to focus on the external harm first and then solve our differences. I have great suspicion that these two countries are the cause of Somalia's anarchy.

thats true brotha maakhir! but remember that we were once the BECKON OF AFRICA!!

so in a nut shell, i believe we hit a natural phenomena! what goes up must come down now!! a natural problem! so, what will it take to bring us out of this doldrums! basically, a couple of seasoned gals/guys! who are hard core nationalistic bunch of sobs!!! no miracle heya! okey!! so basic!! YET SO BLOODY FLEETING CONCEPT TO MANY OF OUR BRETHRENS!!! ALLAH HAVE MERCY!

Xudeedi   

Allah have mercy on us rudy. The fundamental deficiency of rationally competitive nationalists is growing enormously as well as the level of ethnic hostility. The more years our country live with anarchy the more hostility, and the severity of this growing hostility are far less imagined than dealt with nowadays.

From the early period of civil war, we had strong propensity to see the rebirth of democratic Somali government. We cheered a lot, participated the effort to learn or correct the deficiency of the state of anarchy. Year after year, the hostility grew and grew to the point that it is irreparable.

I have recently thought about the political episode of the senior Bush. I mean if he were reelected, his policy was to allow U.S troops remain in Somalia until decentralized government is established. Obviously, national interest lied as to why that effort had to linger than it was prescribed, but solution would have been different now. Warlordism keep thriving in Somalia and it's inherited from father to son and from mother to daughter.

Blessed   

Sadeboi

I'm an abaayo, gabadh, a lady smile.gif

Like I said, I don't wish to invovle myself in another SL debate.

I was told thatAhmed Gurey was an Arab that was married to the duaghter of one the Sultans'.

I'm learbing something here..thnx ppl