Sign in to follow this  
Yoonis_Cadue

ABAABULKA GUMAAD XASUUSEEDKII TALEEX

SOO MAAL   

Abdulaahi Yusuf is not alone in his connection with Ethoipia, True Abdulaahi Yusuf is Supported by Ethoipia, but that is also same with most present-day somali politicians.

From Riyaale Who said “This is not the first time that I met Meles. We are always received warmly when we come to Ethiopia, because this is a brotherly country. This time we shared issues that concern our area. Although we are not recognized by Ethiopia we share security, border and many other things. So we talk about these and new developments in our area. We just correspond on that and we have good understanding when we come here….They (Ethoipians) always treat us as (Somaliland) brothers, as young brothers. They help us better than any other country in the areaâ€

Faysal Cali Warabe's [in] famous saying: “a boy born in Hargeisa has more commonality with one born in Addis Ababa than one in Mogadishu.â€

Same is true with all warlords in Mogadisho like Yalaxow, Qanyare, Shaatiguduudand Haabsade

Warlords Don't Love Ethiopia Any Less But Hate Yusuf More

The story of Somali collective memory is told and retold as being short and selective. Here is another variation of such a story pertaining to the controversy about Ethiopian peacekeeping mission in Somalia.

In the 1980s, the Somali National Movement (SNM), the United Somali Congress (USC), and the Somali Salivation Democratic Front (SSDF) were all housed in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. They all collaborated to overthrow Mohamed Siad Barre, the late dictator that ruled Somalia from 1969 to 1990. Most of the constituents that these movements claimed to have represented showed or seemed to have shown a high degree of affinity towards Ethiopia throughout the last 20 or so years, a period that has one of the lowest points and marked the speedy erosion of Somali nationalism.

One way that the above-mentioned groups and their followers showed gratitude towards Ethiopia was carried:

1. By helping the late Ethiopian dictator Megistu Haile Mariam to dismantle Somalia and create what has since then deteriorated to the current disarticulated stateless nation;

2. By killing and or throwing Somali Galbeed refugees out of their respective districts. In Mogadishu, for example, helpless civilians who hailed from the Somali Region of Ethiopia were killed mercilessly during the early years of Somalia's civil war. In Jalalaqsi refugee camps, hundreds of people were beheaded and thrown to the Shabelle river and were denied any proper Islamic burial ceremony. In Hargeisa, thousands of refugees were slaughtered in what was called the Dam, or “Biyo xidheen.†And not many refugees went to Garowe or Bossaso, although these cities were as hostile when one looks that the sternest verbal abuses came from these regions. And so far, neither Ethiopia nor its yesteryear's or today's allies in Somalia has raised this human tragedy.

Somalilanders are on the record to say that they loved Ethiopia more than their own Somali brethren inside and outside of the republic. This sentiment is represented by one of the leader of Somaliland, Faysal Cali Warabe's [in] famous saying: “a boy born in Hargeisa has more commonality with one born in Addis Ababa than one in Mogadishu.â€

In the case of USC supporters, love for Ethiopia was captured by a pamphlet that I read in the early years of the 1990s that said some thing akin to “Hobyo port for Ethiopia.†As a result, the late General Caydid used to be the only warlord who was received in Ethiopia with a red carpet stretched out to his Pole Airport arrivals.

As to Garowe's loyalty to Ethiopia, retelling the story here would be an overkill. Suffice it to say Bosaaso port is almost to replace the role Berbera had hitherto played for Ethiopia.

Today, irrespective of past affinity, all these groups are using Ethiopia as their bogyman to get to the top price and that is derailing Abdulahi Yusuf's government. They all have somehow agreed to shame Ethiopia not because they love Ethiopia any less, but because they hate what Ethiopia is doing for Abdullahi Yusuf more. It is a reminiscent of Shake Spear's assessment of the Rome of Caesar's killing of Brutus when he wrote: “It is not that I Love you any less, but that I love Rome more.â€

One Somalilander Website (Awdelnews) ran an editorial (Ethiopia as an enemy is engraved in the collective memory of Somali people) and went as far as suggesting that Ethiopia's animosity with the Somali people goes back to the war of Imam Ahmed Gurey in the 15 th Century. That is precisely the case. But, can one talk about Ethiopia's animosity and its role to stunt Somali national aspirations, and then let have Ethiopia train its navy at the coast of Berbera at will?

Other websites prematurely wrote in droves op-ed pieces to condemn Ethiopia as Somalia's eternal enemy while Yalaxow was telling the press that Ethiopia had in the past supplied weapons to himself (Yalaxow), Aidid, Qanyare and of course Abdullahi Yusuf. In another instance, one Somalilander, who recently decried about Ethiopian troops as peacekeepers in Somalia, once equated the search for Somali unity to racial purity, hence equating greater Somali nationalism with racism. To make matters worse, this piece was posted on Ethiopian websites!

Where does really Ethiopia fit in each group's particular and narrow agenda? As the Somali clan politics shifts like the weather of London, we may never give a precise and short answer to this question. It is intriguingly puzzling, however, to know that Ethiopia, as an old and more complex country, correctly reads the uncontrollable and immature emotions of Somalis for the authorities in Addis Ababa refer to Somalis as a simplistic tribal groups, as in “ armane ya Somale Zalan gosawoch,†pagan Somali tribal groups. As such, Ethiopia perhaps reads where every one of these different interest groups stands and it claims to understand their agenda in the current fiasco.

The issue of Ethiopian peacekeeping mission in Somalia itself is as strange as Ahmed Silanyo of Kulmiye party carrying the banner for the reinstitution of the former Democratic Republic of Somalia. That does not mean all of the critics of Ethiopian peace mission in Somalia do not have merit. Some of them may have. However, painting Ethiopia as a cruel colonial force that is Somalia's eternal enemy is quite a laughable matter. Did we suddenly wake up as of January 2005 from the slumber that Dr. Ali Abdul Rahman Hersi, a genuine proponent of Somali nationalism and critic of Ethiopian intervention all along, identified as a plague in today's Somalia?

All of the groups beating the drum against Ethiopia have in the past used or are still using Ethiopia (as in the case of Puntlanders and Somalilanders) as their friend to weaken Somali nationalism. As viciously as clannish Somali clans and groups are, the current controversy surrounding Ethiopian peacekeeping mission is a classical case where a Somali clan or a political group would use anything at its disposal to advance its narrow tribal interest, even if that is smoking up the nation.

And one may suspect that the rest of the world, with the exception of some gullible western liberal groups like the International Crisis Group (ICG), sees said controversy as one of the many manifestations of Somalia's clan politics. If so, the entire Ethiopian bashing is nothing more than a political gymnastics by one political group against another.

What is disheartening is that Somalis in Ethiopia have lost what is estimated to be a third of their land in a sham plebiscite this past October that the Ethiopian parliament hastily rubber-stamped. Not a single Somali group, party or news group ever mentioned this historical miscarriage of justice with the exception of Wardheernews. Ethiopia is carrying the most comprehensive land grabbing policy .

Most of the groups shedding crocodile tears have their own hidden agenda about their bone of contention with Ethiopia, but are masquerading it as Somali nationalism.

Having said this, I join those on the other side of the fence and argue that Ethiopia may not be the right force to enforce either disarmament or peacekeeping mission in Somalia. Ethiopia is already, though, in Somaliland, Puntland, Hiiraan region, Baydhabo. Worse, Ethiopian Airlines have been flying into Somali cities, violating its air space for a number of years.

But, the very forces that have destroyed anything that was good about being Somali must not opportunistically use the cause of Somali nationalism in their political gymnastics to reach their parochial agenda.

Using Ethiopia as the bogyman must not be read outside the web of clan politics. To maximize one's clanist agenda, no stone is usually left unturned and that is the story of the 1980s and 1990s that would be told and retold. The Ethiopian bogyman is nothing more than one such a stone to be turned by as many groups and individuals as we have seen within the last two weeks. This is the real story retold, unflattering as it may sound.

Faisal Roble

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

HEY YOONIS, SOMAALIDU WAXAY DHAHAAN MIDAAMO DHAGO MALEH HADUU MALAG DHAWAAQAYO. YOU STILL SEEM TO BE IGNORING THE COMMENTS MADE BY THE YOUR FELLOW NAMADS WHO HAIL FROM THAT REGION INCLUDING MYSELF. I HAVE SAID TIME AGAIN THAT I DON'T GIVE A DIME ABOUT THE SOMALILAND POLITICIANS. ALTHOUGH HARGEISA IS MY CITY, I STILL DON'T HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR ANY OF THOSE POLITICIANS. I CONSIDERED THEM BUNCH OF BALOONIES WHO KNOW NOTHING BUT HOW TO CHEAT AND LIE AND TAKE AWAY THE RIGHTS OF THE POEPLE. SO FOR YOU TO TAKE INFORMATION FROM THOSE DISGRACEFUL HUMANS WHOM EVEN ALLAH HATES AND PRESENT THEM AS THOUGH THEY REPRESENT THE GREATER NORTHWESTERN SOMALIS IS ONCE AGAIN UNFAIR TO ME AND ALL OTHERS.

IT'S NOT SURPRISE TO ME TO SEE THEM WELCOMING THOSE BRITISH MINISTERS WITH OPEN HANDS AND FOLOWERS AND HONESTLY IT SHOULDN'T SURPRISE YOU . EVERYBODY WELCOMES GAAL CADAAN AH THESE DAYS WHO BRINGS SOME CASH ALONG. THAT INCLUDES PUNTLAND WHO HAVE CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WITH ETHIOPIA JUST LIKE SOMALILAND AND ENGLISH HUMANITARIANS AS WELL AS POLITICIANS ALSO MEET WITH PUNTLAND LEADERS.

I DON'T KNOW WHY IT SHOCKS YOU TO SEE SOME SOMALI POLITICIAN WHO HAS ALREADY DESTROYED HIS COUNTRY AND DISOBEYED ALLAH TO WELCOME NON BELIEVER WITH SMILE AND GREEN LEAFS. IT HAPPENS ALL OVER THE ISLAMIC WORLD, IT'S UNFORTUNATE THAT IS HAPPENING TO MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD THAT THEY WELCOME THEM AS THOUGH THEY WILL BRING RAIN FROM THE SKY NOT NOT JUST SOMALIS IN GENERAL LET ALONE ONE REGION OF SOMALIA.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION IN WHICH YOU ASKED TO MENTION ONE TIME NORTHWESTERN SOMALIS HAVE FOUGHT AGAINST BRITISH. I WOULD SAY SOOL, SANAAG, TOGHDEER, HARGEISA, BERBERA, AWDAL ETC. WERE ALL FIGHTING AGAINST BRITISH RULE. THE BATTLE GROUND WAS SOOL, SANAAG, TOGDHEER,BERBERA. SO WHAT DID THE PEOPLE FROM HARGEYSA DO, THEY WENT TO THE FRONT LINES TO FIGHT ALONG SIDE THEIR BRETHERNS TO DEFEND THEIR LAND. FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN THE RUSSIANS WERE TRYING TO OCCUPY AFGHANISTAN, WERE THE PEOPLE WHO WERE FIGHTING WITH RUSSIANS AFGHANS ONLY, NO THEY WERE ALL MUSLIMS COLLECTIVELY BUT THE BATTLE GROUND WAS AFGHANISTAN. SAME CAN BE SAID ABOUT SOOL,SANAAG AND CAYN REGIONS. THEY WERE THE BATTLE GROUND BUT THE FIGHTERS WERE DRAWN FROM ALL TRIBES INCLUDING SOUTHERN SOMALIS. ALTHOUGH THE MAJORITY OF THEM CAME FROM SOOL,SANAAG AND CAYN, BECAUSE THEY FELT THEY HAD MORE RESPONSIBILITY TO DEFEND THEIR OWN HOUSES SINCE THEY LIVE THERE. THE BOQOR OF THE NORHWESTERNS HAD MANY DISAGREEMENTS WITH THE SAYIND DUE TO AFCOURSE THE SICKNESS THAT WE ARE ALL SUFFERING; CLAN LINEAGE. THEN HE MIGHT HAVE INFLUENCED SOME OF THE NORTHWESTERNS AND TOLD THEM TO FIGHT AGAINST THEM AS WHAT HE VIEWED AS SINGLE TRIBE AGGRESION ALTHOUGH HE KNEW WHAT THE SAYID'S CAUSE WAS. HE DIDN'T INFLUENCED EVERYBODY EXCEPT FEW TYPICAL SOMALIS WHO WOULD BRING THEIR TRIBE BEFORE EVERYTHING ELSE.

BOQOR OF OBBIO, OSMAN MAHAMUD WAS ALSO AGAINST THE SAYID; READ THE ARTICLE YOU HAVE POSTED YESTERDAY VERY CLOSELY. NOT EVEN JUST THOSE BUT HIS OWN SUB CLAN THAT HE HAILED FROM GAVE HIM HARD TIME.

THEREFORE IT'S NOT RIGHT TO BLAME NORTHWESTERNS NOR TO JUDGE THEM ON FEW BAD APPLES WE HAD. EVERYONE HAS GOT THIER BAD ONE. I AM NORTHWESTERNER AND YOU ARE NORTHEASTERNER AND IF SOME INFIDEL INVADED NORTHEAST I WOULD DIE AND SHED MY BLOOD ALONG SIDE WITH YOU AS LONG AS YOU ARE WILLING TO REMAIN MY TRUE BROTHER AND MY BLOOD AS WELL AS MY COUNTRYMEN.

AS FAR AS REGARDING BROTHER SOMAAL REQUEST TO TELL EVERYONE TO GIVE UP THE LOW LEVEL COMMENTS MOST OF THE NOMADS IN THIS FORUM PUT FORTH, I HAVE EXCEPTED MYSELF AND YOU WILL NEVER CATCH ME BEING UNFAIR TO ANYBODY AND ANY REGION. I ALSO URGE THOSE NOMADS WHO ARE FROM SOMALILAND TO BE FAIR AND HONEST AND NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE IN THIS FORUM AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL MUSLIM AND SOMALIS.

SALAMU CALAYKUM.

Taleexi   

Mr. Red Sea, thanks, that was superbly written and to the point. To all other Nomads here let us pass the threshold of regionalism, clannish, or whatever for a moment and give the guy a big applause.

Mr. Soo Maal, Mudane Red Sea deserved not less than thank U and "agreed"

I WOULD DIE AND SHED MY BLOOD ALONG SIDE WITH YOU AS LONG AS YOU ARE WILLING TO REMAIN MY TRUE BROTHER AND MY BLOOD AS WELL AS MY COUNTRYMEN.

Walaal, I totally agree with what you said. I love Somalis regardless of their tribe or region. Let's put the past behind us!

I know that you've certain principle's that we share with each other. Somalis are brothers regardless what they have done to each other. We can kill and murder another but as you said if an outside force tries to invade my brothers region using force I will certainly stand by your side as well. No question whatsoever.

However I'd like you to clarify one thing for me. What do you think about the misguided individuals who don't want to forget and who work day and night to separate two people who share a common heritage, culture, language and religion?

Walaal you know that it is one of the major crimes to separate two brothers who love each other for the sake of Allah cazza wa jal.

Everyone of us can see how misguided and brainwashed this individuals are. They hate their fellow country-men for no apparent reason other than "We have been massacred by the former regime". Every Somali tribe suffered under Siyad Barre, although Iam sorry to what you people had endured nevertheless they were not alone. Intii dhimatay illaah ha unaxariisto. My people were murdered, imprisoned, raped and their wells poisned by the former regime and I don't feel any hatred, because I know that we Somalis used to kill each other for centuries. It's not something new.

You're one smart individual because you know that the crime against your people were committed by a few and that you can't blame it on the whole nation.

You also know that the Sayyid fought for a noble cause and should be credited for what he has done unlike others who want to discredit him by saying that he was "the biggest clannist ever living amongst the Somalis". They call him fascist and the British they call "liberators".

There is something fundamentally wrong. This people are emotioanlly "handicap" and they need urgent help. Somalia will stay united because unity is the only way forward.

I accept you as my neighbour, brother, fellow Somali and also fellow country-men.

One people, One religion, One language and One Love. God Bless Somalia and the entire Somali Race and Nation!

Xargaga   

I just happened to read the early postings by yoonis and to be honest they were deliberate and clear desparate attempt of defacing the history as well as character asssasination to the ppl of somaliland.Now that Mr yoonis you have volunteered to commemorate for us this Taleex event with pictures and comments Could you please give us some more historical facts including. The names and clans of the prominent Victims during this Raids?

2. Given that you claim to be a true somali Nationalist can you please go ahead and share with us and with equal magnitude and content. The Pains and sufferings Caused to Hargeysa innocent civilians during Siad barres regime? I belive that the taleex raids were aimed at a militarry facility during a war time with foreigners unlike the hargeysa one perpetrated by a somali government indiscrimanately against a particular somali clan which one deserve commemoration or was that an indirect revenge for the taleex one tell us Mr.Yoonis cause you been claiming in your distorted history that the ppl of Hargeysa were in the forefront fighting against darwiish.

lastly ill like to end this with the following sayings

Dont be throwing stones around while you live in a glass house.

Nimaan kuuladhaqmin muslinimo,mu'uminimo khaas'ah,

Gaal aad magansatid oo naxasta kuu dhawraa dhaama.

SOO MAAL   

Thanks to both Younis and Red sea

For understanding each other, I become happy whenever I see two Somali brothers use their minds to come up solutions for Somalia, instead of becoming mouthpieces (cyber warlords) of their respective clans/regions, and see million similarities that Somali people share, and disregard irrelevant clan politics.

Both of you, showed that it is possible that Somali people can enjoy brotherhood once again

I DON'T KNOW WHY IT SHOCKS YOU TO SEE SOME SOMALI POLITICIAN WHO HAS ALREADY DESTROYED HIS COUNTRY AND DISOBEYED ALLAH TO WELCOME NON BELIEVER WITH SMILE AND GREEN LEAFS. IT HAPPENS ALL OVER THE ISLAMIC WORLD, IT'S UNFORTUNATE THAT IS HAPPENING TO MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD THAT THEY WELCOME THEM AS THOUGH THEY WILL BRING RAIN FROM THE SKY NOT NOT JUST SOMALIS IN GENERAL LET ALONE ONE REGION OF SOMALIA.

Brother Red sea, I pleased with your objectivity, most Somali people defend warlords blindly, even when they committing aggression against their follow Somali because of clan syndrome

I AM NORTHWESTERNER AND YOU ARE NORTHEASTERNER AND IF SOME INFIDEL INVADED NORTHEAST I WOULD DIE AND SHED MY BLOOD ALONG SIDE WITH YOU AS LONG AS YOU ARE WILLING TO REMAIN MY TRUE BROTHER AND MY BLOOD AS WELL AS MY COUNTRYMEN. AS FAR AS REGARDING BROTHER SOMAAL REQUEST TO TELL EVERYONE TO GIVE UP THE LOW LEVEL COMMENTS MOST OF THE NOMADS IN THIS FORUM PUT FORTH, I HAVE EXCEPTED MYSELF AND YOU WILL NEVER CATCH ME BEING UNFAIR TO ANYBODY AND ANY REGION. I ALSO URGE THOSE NOMADS WHO ARE FROM SOMALILAND TO BE FAIR AND HONEST AND NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE IN THIS FORUM AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL MUSLIM AND SOMALIS.

by red sea

if an outside force tries to invade my brothers region using force I will certainly stand by your side as well. No question whatsoever.I accept you as my neighbour, brother, fellow Somali and also fellow country-men.

One people, One religion, One language and One Love. God Bless Somalia and the entire Somali Race and Nation!

by yoonis

Thank you to both of you for showing the true Somali brotherhood

As a northcentral Somalia (sool sanaag & cayn), I would like to suggest a union between northwestern (somaliland) and northeastern (bari) , I believe since both are peaceful regions it a great idea, and it will blessing for Somali people, first it will solve the sool sanaag and cayn crisis, and this union will be steppingstone for union between all Somali people.

nabadshe, please bro put behind the past and clan nonsense and let’s move forward,

qof kasta oo muslim oo gacan ka xaqdaran dishay, ilaahay isagana ha u naxariitu isagaa naxariis badanee, gacanta xaqdarana ha abaal mariyo.

I want to appeal all somali brothers, first to see yourself as muslim and somali and NOT as particular regoen/clan like northwestern/northeastern/banaadir/clan x y.

I believe somalia forum, was created so that we somali brothers understand the somali tragedy, and collectively find solutions for somali people. and NOT to start a new frontier of somali civil war, where somali youth who are internet savvy can act as cyber warlords to defend blindly their supposed warlord/clan/socalled self-declered rebuplic/socalled regoenal adminstration/or faction.

Thats very sweet of you guys, so idealistic

so full of hope.

Sadly you must excuse our mistrust of this

"Nationalism" .

45 year years ago we were infected with this nationalism to the determinate of our senses and judgment, this infectious "Nationalism" impaired our thinking capabilities as much as a bottle of vodka would.

This is why we "NorthWesterners" showed the greatest expression of nationalism by overwhelmingly supporting union with our brothers in the south,without thinking about the consequences.

I know you have all heard this before

" Once Bitten Twice shy"

I hope you understand that no sane person would willingly put himself in harm.

You would have to create another situation in which "NorthWesterners" again lose thier senses

and judgment, a new "Intoxicant"

"Nationalism is too obvious, so "Islam" will be used as some of the more enterprising and intelligent enemies of SOMALILAND have caught on to.

but your writings still warm my heart as i remember that i too once upon a time held the same beliefs, albiet i was a niave and ignorant 13 year old.

45 year years ago we were infected with this nationalism to the determinate of our senses and judgment, this infectious "Nationalism" impaired our thinking capabilities as much as a bottle of vodka would.

And the corresponding conclusion:

--------------------

Somaliland Nationalist

Kool_Kat   

IN REGARDS TO THE PICTURES OF THE CURRENT PRESIDENT OF SOMALIA AND HIS PRIME MINISTER SHAME ON THE PERSON OR THE PEOPLE CALLING THEM MOST WANTED PPL IN SOMALIA WHILE WE ALL SOMALIS KNOW THEY ARE THE CURRENT FIXTURES OF A COUNTRY THAT HAS BEEN ABUSED FOR THE PAST 17 YEARS. CHECK YOUR HISTORY AND THEN MAKE REMARKS LIKE THESE ONES. THANK YOU AND MAY GOD BLESS SOMALIA.

Sayid   

So long as you all keep and carry this thing called clan, there won't be a single nationalism. The clan blood is thicker that is why. Islam is the only antidote to Clan to some degree, till even that gets exploited.

Sayid and his band were the first to try out "Nationalism" till they discovered the power and the serge of the clan, albeit easily exploitable, that lies under that, till British areal massacre disbanded.

This topic is foolish if they want us to remeber this sad day puntland should also remeber the sad day in Xmar thats occuring now, Somaliland in 1988 and so forth.

It is good to remember the history ,,,, i don't see the reason why we should hide some history.

But the issue is that we should not use it politically ,,, how come it is now 85 years and we hear the commamoration only in 2005 ???? why ?? why not in 1970, 1980, etc. ??