Sign in to follow this  
Yoonis_Cadue

ABAABULKA GUMAAD XASUUSEEDKII TALEEX

Warbixin Xoog-Ogaal ah!

A new Trend, which has been started in the regions of the Puntland State of Somalia to commemorate the genocide that has taken place in Taleex and other regions in the PSS.

Altough I do not entirely agree with the stance of remembering what happened in the past, nevertheless I can see what is behind it.

I applaud this initiative, which serve's to remember what the British (English) did to us. Many Somalis are not aware of the simple fact that their people and country were the first to be bombed from the air in Africa for simply refusing to be colonised by the white infidels.

The purpose of this commemoration is to highlight the difference between the people of Puntland particularily SSC from the people of the Hargays-Burca-Berbera triangle. The differentiation being that this two different-set of people had always had a different history and set of value, hence combating the idea of this two people sharing a common identity.

It is time that the people of SSC stood up for themselves together with their brethren in Puntland and to commemorate the genocide on the 19th of December.

The lobbying has already started and it is soon anticipated that the Puntland Parliament that has just now returned from its holiday to pass a decree (law) of making the 19th of December a day of Remembrance.

Parliament, the President, Vice-President, Civil Society, the Army, Police, TFG-State Officials, NGO's, Amenesty International, Representatives of the United Kingdom, British Church leaders should be invited into a great day of Remembrance of the autrocities committed by the British and their Indian, African and Somali colobraters.

Also the british government should be held to account for what they did and lobbyed to compensonate the people (still living) and their relatives with a sum of money that is acceptable for the survivors.

Thank you very much, Mr Yoonis_Cadue Garoowe!

Genocide committed by the British and their coloboraters

Taleex.jpg

silsilad.jpg

silsilad1.jpg

silsilad2.jpg

dar.jpg

silsilad2.jpg

Symbol of Somali Struggle

axmed%20ali%20410.jpg

Castro   

Originally posted by Yoonis_Cadue:

The purpose of this commemoration is to
highlight
the difference between the people of Puntland particularily SSC from the people of the Hargays-Burca-Berbera triangle. The differentiation being that this two different-set of people had always had a different history and set of value, hence combating the idea of this two people sharing a common identity.

Atheer, I'm a little slow so could you highlight those differences for me in a paragraph or two?

Taleexi   

Regardless whether your forefathers were collaborators or freedom fighters, the bombardment of Taleh is part of our history and should be commemorated annually

SOO MAAL   

Originally posted by Toohe Jr.:

Regardless whether your forefathers were collaborators or freedom fighters, the bombardment of Taleh is part of our history and should be commemorated annually

The bombardment of taleh by British colonials was the first place in whole Africa experienced Ariel bombardment; a sign of colonial aggression and persecution against Somali people, and a sign of somali staruggle against British colonials, all somali people should commemorate annually to remember those Somali people who fought for somali independence.

RedSea   

Salamu Calaykum,

Yoonis I like the new look but did you really have to offend Somalis from the Hargiesa, Burco, and Berbera.

Your writing seemed to be reasonable at first and I thought Yonis was given us little history lesson but when you went and said things like how Somalis from Northwest were not as freedom fighters as SSC, it threw me off.

It would help your point and would make you sound reasonable person if you directed you writing towards all Somali audience. You must realize that this website is for all Somalis and when you want to touch like an important events such Taleex and the Darawish you have to include everyone.

I am from Hargiesa and I have all the respect and admiration that anybody has for those Mujahideen who fought against those evil doers of the British.

I take pride in the history and events of the people like Sayid Muhammed A. Hassan, may Allah have mercy on him,and I considered him my hero. However, you can't blame only some Somalis from one region for not helping him out, although Somalis from Burco region were the first Darawiish to join and later became disloyal to him,because he was descended from different tribal lineage.

The fact of the matter is that Muhammed A. Hassan has done his duty as a servant of Allah and fought against infidels on his homeland as much as he could. If wasn't for the lack of support of Hobyo sultans, majority of Northwest and some from his own sub clan tribe, he could have done so much more. Either way it's Allah will.

The bombing of Talex needs not to be remembered as the way you put it. But we need to make fatihas for them and make Du'aa and ask Allah to have mercy on them to those passed away on that day, that is the way to remember someone you love as a Muslim. We also need to ask ourselves what they died for and what is expected of us after them as Somalis.

Now this is little Poem of Muhammed Abdallah Hassan after his Darawiish defeated the British infidels in battle and then killed their commander. Muhammed A. Hassan recited this poem over the dead body of the British Commander Richard Coafield. I will try to write it completely next time Insha Allah many more poems from the Sayid. It started something like this.

Adaa Kofieldo Jiitoo

Dunida Joogayne

Jahanaba lagayoo------- in progress, don't have time.

Salamu Calaykum.

Castro the difference is here. A Picture tells a thousand words don't you think so.

taleex.jpg

to this

chrismuwa1.jpg

Please read the different treaties signed by the different clans. You will gain an insight on how different this two set of people are.

Northern Somali Sultanates

Read about the treaty signed by the clan of Sultan Mohamud Ali Shire. The people of Sool never signed a treat with the British at all. Even the British treated you differently. Sultan Mahamoud Ali Shire's clan was described as a "proper nation" and I qoute.

"Sultan Mohamoud Ali Shire, however, and his independent operation in his country was a nonpareil and a historically remarkable organized administration. How his Regency wielded such power to exercise independent operation and rule is still a baffling question to most historians. In article five of British treaty with ********* states the historical context of ********* territory as a legitimate country that in which the British government appointed an ambassador and was in the process of building an office there:

Article V. The British Government shall have the power to appoint an Agent or Agents to reside in the Territories of the **********, and every such Agent shall be treated with respect and consideration, and be entitled to have for this protection such guard as the British Government deem sufficient.†(Art V).

In another article of the treaty entered by British with ********* highlights the independence of ********* from colonial interventions against their territories:

III. The ********** are bound to render assistance to any vessel, whether British or belonging to any other nation, that may be wrecked on the shores under their jurisdiction and control, and to protect the crew, passengers, and cargo of such vessels, giving speedy intimation to the Resident at Aden of the circumstances; for which act of friendship and good-will a suitable reward will be given by the British Government."

Where as the people of Awadal and North-West had signed treaties giving "total" control to the British and I qoute.

" All other treaties are similar and have the same precepts of contract articles. They therefore, indicate a control of British over the territories of other clans, for example, the ***** clans such as ***** *****, and *** clans such as ******** and *****. The ******** treaty with British is totally different from the rest. No tribal area is called Country except the ********* one. The British dealt with ********* as a nation and did not dare to tamper with their power and control over their territories."

I hope you can see the difference Castro.

Red Sea my brother many people have betrayed the Sayid and it was not only the people of the North-West. However the people of the North-West were a symbol of oppression and they welcomed the British because they saw them as "liberators" and "friends".

P.S. I applogise to the Moderators and Admin that I have used clan names. I believe that they were unavoidable. Atleast Iam honest and don't try to "cheat" the rules by using other methods of describing clans which has become a norm here. Somalia is a clan based society and we talk clan's everyday when we talk about politics or history. So I hope that this will not be deleted. Otherwise the whole discussion is totally useless and irreleavant if we simply can not discuss simple historical facts as this one, which were not written by Somalis but which can be found in every library.

Lastly but not least The British made the differentation and not me!

[ November 15, 2005, 00:55: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Castro   

Atheer thanks for the history lesson. Just a couple of things, are you saying:

1) My people took it up the a$$ from the british invaders and yours fought them?

2) My people are still taking it up the a$$ while yours commemorate the genocide of 1920?

Fortunately, I am clan proof and don't believe in that nonsense. So I can't take any of this personally. It is, however, the standard operating procedure of a colonizer to pit one group of the colonized against another. He uses many means to do this, ranging from bribery, intimidation to what have you. Basic divide and conquer strategy. Individuals may have aided the british to help them rule Somalia. To say that entire populations of cities did so is asinine, atheer.

Thanks for the lesson nonetheless. I'm sure I've learned something today.

Castro, Thank you for your reply. You've raised some valid points and I hope that I will give you your answers to your questions very soon.

Firstly you said:

My people are still taking it up the a$$ while yours commemorate the genocide of 1920?

Iam not saying that because I will leave it to you to make up your own judgement on this issue. What do you think about what your leaders say e.g. when ever a british delegation comes to Hargaysa they are being told that the time the "empire" ruled them was the best time in their whole "history", and when also the former flag of the British Somaliland is raised and each of the British delegation is given a Hawiian style welcome and a kiss on their arrival?

Isn't that what you call love for the colonisers?

We dispice the british, italian and frensh so why are you leaders saying that when the british were colonising them was the best time in their history?

They also say we were better off without Independence are this people right in their mind?

I believe you need a change of "leaders".

Originally posted by Yoonis_Cadue:

However the people of the North-West were a symbol of oppression and they welcomed the British because they saw them as "liberators" and "friends".

[/QB]

Hello, do not be superficial reader of Somali history. It was not the desire of Somalis no matter which sectarian area they were from, to receive British colonizers with flowers. Dig deeper the history than you are doing now before you expose yourself in public forums. Do you know the person to whom this picture belongs to? Do you know who threw the spear that left a permanent scar on the cheek of this British swindler/colonizer? For sure, they were not from Las las’s. They were from the coastal people close to Barbara.

mw00960.jpg

On the other hand, think of these verses of Mudane Cabdilaahi Suldaan Maxamed "Timacade", poemed out in Beerta Xoriyadd, Hargeisa on June 26, 1960:

Allow yaa darwiishkii fariin dabacsan gaarsiiya,

Allow yaa damaashaad farxad leh kala dul eedaama,

Allow yaa dalkaagii ku dhaha dowlad nimo qaaday,

Dhaaxuu ku daakirey xaqii naga dahsoonaaye,

In dariiqadii toosan tahoo dihini soo gaarin,

oo uu dabkuu shidey rag kale dogobyo sii saarey,

Allow af lama daaliyee daacad ugu sheega.

Yaa Salaam

SOO MAAL   

Brother Red you are right darwiish movement was pansomali national liberation movement that led the first somaliweyn struggle against all colonials (whether they were British, Italians, and Ethiopians, etc) and became victim of first Arial bombardment in entire Africa soon after WWI, by 12 British warplanes returned from WWI..

Somali people were blessed with finest human breed, great individuals like Ahmed Gurey, Sayid, Timacade, Cabdulaahi Qarshe, President Cusmaan Adam Cadde, Abdurashiid,

Certainly, all Somali people regardless of their clan affiliation supported Sayid Mohammed Abdullah Hassan’s darwiish liberation movement such us people of Burco, Laascaanood, and Western Somalia

I want to advice castro & Younis to downplay the evil strategy of British colonials (divide and rule), it was dark page in our Somali history and we need to forget and move forward.

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

Yoonis with all your respect bro, the title of the thread and the non sense that you have put forth to make your case against Northwesterns don't match in anyway shape of form.

You are going against the laws of litarature which says if you are going to write about one thing then you have to stay with the same topic. Instead you are directing hatred comments towards Northwesterners and then saying let us all Somalis commobrate the genocide commited in Taleex. You are crippling all over the place, jumping from idea to another.

We are hoping for this website to be a site that can be useful to all Somalis to have good exchange of ideas. You can have your opinions and view things differently than anyone else but to offend a whole region and its people is just not smart and it's plain wrong.

In addition, I thought the topic you have selected is very good considering my first glance at it but as I dug it deep I quickly found out that the title of the thread and your purpose are two different things. You have hidden a message of hatred in a tragic event that was ruthlessly commited by British infidels.

Moreover, I can't help but noticed the tragic photos that you have posted and they send a chill down my spinal especially the one on the right, knowing the bodies that lie there are my blood and people who were wrongly murdered in their own soil. But it's not right to connect that brutal oppression to your brothers from the northwest. I could careless anything you say about those Somaliland politicians and their business. But don't make it as though all the people in the Northwest would welcome an infidel. He was there to do business and to give the usual sevel million pounds.

Every region in Somalia has one bad apple and if you are going to critize one you must do the same for the other.At this point, I am talking about the so elected President of Somalia Abdullahi Yusuf Axmed.He has cause many death and destruction and apprentaly he is the one that wants our most hated enemy; Ethiopia into Somali soil after all the Ethiopians are doing in Western Somalia in which they wrongly occupy, he still chose to favor them and is trying to find away to get them in Somalia to help his cause. Now tell me if that doesn't make you sick to your stomach or are you clan minded and so selfish to admit that he evil doing human being that needs Allah's guidance.But I think you see him as savior for Somalis.

Next time you want to critize something please go straight to your point and don't use tragic events such as Taleex bombardment a way to find critizm for Northwestern Somalis.

If what I have wrote above has offended you in anyway, I put my apology forth. I have tried to do my best not to offend you or your respective region, because that doesn't do any good,it only creates more rift between us. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

salamu Calaykum.

NGONGE   

What an amazingly comical piece of writing that was! Yet another of those that should be moved to the Camel Milk Debate section! :D

Jumatatu   

The history of Talex has been wiped out by the history not far away, the complete bombardment of Hargeisa day and night by the very ones who were established to protect its existance, the annihilation of thousands of people including women and children by those close to them, and many more similar accounts utterly make the Talex incident incomprehensible and under value.

Who should people remember the British who came to colonise them or the their brethens who came to kill, torture and maim them cause they were of different lineage. The history against the colonialism would have made sense with the presence of a nationalism feelings. Other than that this thread can only be classified as a blob.

Thanks for all the your replies. I'll not attack anyone personally but I will try to criticise the message rather than the messenger. I don't hate anyone so please stop playing the hate-card!

First I'd like to reply to my brother Nayruus.

It is true that individuals such as Timacadde were good people, who have in the late stages of the colonalisation struggled orally to rally the masses against British rule. Iam not disputing that. However I'd like you Naruus to tell me a battle or confration that has taken place between your clan and the British.

Please state facts and dates. The people of SSC fought numerous battle's against the British so did Mahamoud Ali Shire's clan. Boqor Osman Mahmoud also fought the Italians and british but I'd like to see you give me any evidence regarding a battle that took place between the people of the North-West and the British.

Iam very patient. I'll wait for your reply.

On the other hand before making bold historical statments it is vital to have substanial evidence and preferably witnesses. I'd like to call my first witness for the prosecution. He is called Abwan Barkhad Cas who has reflected the spirit of his time. Read very carefully what he say's about the jubiland people celebrating the arrival of a British Commander to Hargaysa, who was also the uncle of the british monorach at the time. He is saying please close the door and let me cry because he is ashamed at his own people waving and cheering for the "isticmaar". He is also appealing to the conscious of the rightful not to welcome and celebrate the arrival of the British Duke.

Here is what he say's:

"Awawgay ninkii adoonsaday

ninkii aabahay indhaha tiray

ninkii anigana i iibsaday

hadaan arkayoonan ka aarsan karayn

hadaanan Aadanow unuunka jarayn

aan ooyee albaabka ii xidha.

Isagoo Iglan joogabuu i diloo

ushuu soo fidshaa i iimaysoo

waataa aramidii i oofa tirtaye

itaal dari aan la eedaadoo

aan ooyee albaabka ii xidha.

Bal oggow isticmaarku abidkii

iriduu marinaayo awr raran

irbadbuu ku dayaa ayaamaa horee

Ragan aan arkayee u abasaxayow

ninowna ha odhan soomaalaan ahee

ordoo magacana ka iibsada.

Libaaxa anayiyo Abaarso ka ciyay

Abu Riin Lo'da joogtabaa urisoo

ooday jebisaa intay u dhacdoo

amsaxuu ka guraa idiilkeede

waakaa isticmaarkii ii daayee

in shaahiyo keegu waa urugee

iimawdee axankaaga weynee.

Ugaadha ninkii gatee urursada

ka soo arkabaa aduun ka baxshee

ninkaa imanaaya awgii waa

kaa isticmaarkii ii daayee

ordoo magacana ka iibsada.

End of the story.

To my brother Redsea:

Thanks for your comments. It was not my intention to offend anyone. All Somalis have participated in the halgan to free our country from "isticmaar" but what Iam saying is that certain sections in your community actually like the British. I know you said that you don't give a stuff to what your "leaders" say or do. However sometimes you have to stand up for yourselves and say no-more.

On your other issue regarding Abdullahi Yusuf:

Abdullahi Yusuf may be the first one who has gone to the ethiopians for help but he wasn't certainly alone. Many people followed him. So I can't see the comparison.

The people of the North-West love their former masters and there's no hiding of that fact. Maybe reer Burco might have rebelled against the british but back in those day's Burco was half owned by reer Sool. We all know that Burco was orginally inhabitated by Sool people. Even know East-Burco has got a large population of reer Sool.

I'd also like you and the rest to listen to this clip: Hargaysa remembering and praying for British Soldiers killed in the First and Second World War.

Let alone commomerating the Taleex Bombardment, they even have gone as far as remembering the colonisers and their dead but again this people weren't colonisers but "Good-Masters".

wefti1.gif