Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Western ethiopia to join the rest of somalia (maybe)

Hibo   

Hey peoplez,

New here, but i thought i might add a topic.

I waz wonderin if you people knew that it is stated in the Ethiopian constitution that any region of their nation may secede if they wish, all u need is a referendum with a majority of votes.

I mean this is the method the Eritreans to gain independence.

In fact they were actually behind the new clause in the constitution.

So all the somaliz in the Western Region

Haud, Ogaden etc can join the rest of the somaliz all we need 2 do is

unite and organise ourselves

before the Ethiopians realise that they have put themselves in a real trap and change it

So what do u think??

Much Love

Baydan   

That's some BIG thinking, Who would unite our ppl who would be the hero is the question and whether it can be carried out. I'm more of a realist than optimist ..I think the chances are nul reason being we got too much in our hands as it is..trying to mannage (& doing poorly) with what we already have controll of.

Nice thought..

Nuruddin   

wel the etiopians know that it is posibal for them to unite only if somalia is strong and have peace so the etoipians work with worlords so that somalia will never be strong inaf to give suport to ther brothers and systers.

Bachelor   

Wonderful thougth!

If somalia would have had a united and an stable Central Goverment, we would have regain that land a dacaied ago. By a nature i am optimistic person and that one day there will be a time when we get to be called GS (Greater Somali) or US (United Somali). A time will come the five star will appear on that lovely flag of ours. Realisticly we are not in a postion at the moment. But hey MeriDian well thought keep it up sxb "immagination is better than knowledge" Albert Einstain.

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is Optional.

------------------

Hibo   

that sure is a good thing bro but insha'allah that can only happen when we can go back home first of all but insha'allah we will have that part of somalia back, but to get there we have to work to gether and put our differences a side until then i have no idea what we can do. but it is good thought of u bro. stay sweet and smart we need ppl like u to build our country.. one luv always..sallam

------------------

peace in the middle east.

Hibo   

Sorry gal

im a sis

but thats an honest mistake

anywayz all we can do is hope for the best

Hibo   

Haye markaan maqlo unite waan soo ordaa oo macawuus baan soo qaataa, ala jecliyaa in somalia isu timaado oo aan talada wax kaqabto, laakiin walaal ninyahow horta taladaada waa mid aad uwanaagsan but one problem first somalia must unite than we can try to regain our lost lands tii gacanta laguhayey baa meel looo la yahay but again when i think about it there is a solution and if anyone who wants to be the hero the sister was talking about this is ur chance pay attention, the only way somalia will unite is to pick a fight with ethopians and Somali people might say waxan habashida bal eynu bur uqaadano oo anaga hadhow waxeyna kusoo noqono, marka the person who can convince Ethopian to attack will be the hero of somalia cause then and only then somalia will unite and kick the shit out of ethopians i see no other solution .. peace

Observer   

Interesting!

The Question is sis Maridian how and where can we start this struggle? It is indeed encouraging thought. One must seriously think to unite somali first then we can claim the land we lost. In the main time i have heard alots of story that the somali's are being Oppressed badly, our sisters being rapped in daily bases, killing somali man by the EPRDF is not a crime at all. There are a horrible stories are taking place in that region. And my nomads brothers and sisters just keep your head up. Lets not the xabasha bulling us around.

CURIOUS OBSERVER

Hibo   

I agree with the Observer. First we must be unite the main land somalis that is so essential to our existing problems that are hunting us. Lets put aside our difference and work toward "UNITED WE STAND"

mohamedj   

to observer,

if the regions you mentioned were raped by itoobiyans, perhaps, they could have been raped like thousands of south somali women, and somaliland women by the free somalia!!! lool..

it seems to me the atrocities of somalia by the somalis is less pain full than than othes... jabuuti never joined somaliya, and thier people never suffered the attrocities of the century.. even in 1977, somali administred itoobiyans said oppenly, the amharic never used to rape thier women before the army of somalia started showing them .. how men, women i have seen that proved that .... you know if they joined somalia, south somalis will say we didnot know what happened, every body suffered, never happened, or even take pride the horor that happenes ...

soamliland joined the south somalia by default . from the day they joined with south, injustice, hate, war, attrocities, clanism became the only companion.

somali itoobiyans are better where they are.. jabuuti is better it self. somaliland while fightig the legacy of the 60s, 70s, 80, 90s, is better where it is .. hopefully, south somalis will defeat thier evils one day and be a better people.. hopefully, somalikenyans ( nfd) will get better deal in kenya..

mj

Bachelor   

mohamedj!

I am affraird i lost you point here! What do you mean by "they could have been raped ...by free somalia"? elaborate here plz?

I hate to say this mohamedj but you lack coherance in your point not to mention the inconsistancy. As far as i am concern Observer had his point cleared "First thing is First". Somali has to be united then we can one can be concern about the other in the mean time lets not forget those who are oppresed by the Xabasha. If you think it much better off to be under the Xabasha then the any bad bad somali dectatorship then that is different. SXB the entire injustice you mentioned has happened to almost all somalis. Dont propagate it as "holecoust" which particularly intended to the ppl of north. By far unity is much better for nomads whether you like it or not.

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional.

------------------

Hibo   

fellow contry men and women i wish to draw the attenttion of those interested in this topic to the recent NEPAD innitiatives and policies witch among others states that one of the major causes of poverty ,wars ,and economic regresion in africa is border problem created during the colonial era ;without solving this problem there wil never be peace and aconomic progres in many parts of africa.this is a great step by some african leaders ,it is now the responsibility of somali organizations like ONLF,NFD political leaders ,somali intelectuals in positions of authority etc to engage these institutions and put forward the fact that ethiopia will be beter off without Ogaden and for peace and prosperity the Ethiopian autnorities must allow the self determination of the somali people under its authirity the alternative to this is eternel war,poverty,regresion ,for all the peopls of the horn of africa the Ethiopians included (remember the draought of 1984) the sooner this fact is realised the beter for the whole region. the leaders of the region may preted to be blind of this fact but the rest of africa and the world is not so wakeup and vote' for your right!!!! let your voices be herd!!!