Sign in to follow this  
Somali Pirate

any more patriotic somalis out there?

It seems somali divisions and fragmentations is well known now, a while ago an algerian classmate asked if I was somali, when i replied in the affirmative he then went on to ask if i was from "somaliland, puntland, or south somalia". I laughed and asked him how he knew about all this, he said his somali freinds told him about it, it seems we are very proud of our divisions and boast about them. Very sad situation but things are looking better with the new government and everyone should support it.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Captain Warya:

I just said **** it because I was actually getting depressed thinking about the state of Somalis. I just focus on other things now and just pray the situation will change.

OMG i feel just the same. When ever i read the news about xamar and the situation about the whole country in general specefically the recent rumours about Puntland successtion, i feel so depressed that i stop reading the news and log on 2 SOL. Oh Allah, i did not really know the fruits of a peaceful homeland where i have equal opportunities, so please let my children have it aamiin.

It seems those narrow-minded enough to pledge allegiance to qabiil (that is what it boils down to) would be of little use to Somalia anyway.

But as the Roman poet Lucan once said :

Alta sedent civilis vulnera dextrae

(Deep are the wounds that civil strife inflicts)

So there are many issues that need to be addressed before a large proportion of Somalis have real pride in their country.

RedSea   

^What's with your facisnation with Romans?

Scipio Africunus(your ex nickname) was inferior to Gen. Hannibal Barca(my ex nickname) though he defeated him in the end using Hannibal's war tactics. And yes Gen. Hannibal Barca was an African.

GAAROODI   

Hey Somalia is dead man. Walahi i hate to be blunt only Allah can rescue it but to all experts its a state that is dead. Because somali's dont have the characteristics to have a modern nation state they are to self interested and the worst thing is they dont learn from their mistakes. For example lets look at Germany.

After hitler the Germany changed the entire political order, from a centralised government with an executive with a lot of power to an executive with almost no powers. The german chancellor has almost no executive powers yet he/she is the head of the entire country. The chancellor is the mediator of the various German regions who have their own executives and their decisions are implemented by the chancellor. Thats Germany after world war 2.

These crazy Somali's have gone from a dictator who murdered more than 100,000 people, who bombarded entire cities for the hell of it and they now want to repeat the same mistake. this is probably why Allah doesnt want Somalia to rise but for it to remain in its current state of hell.

because quit simply you somali's never learn from your mistakes.

The honoust truth is federalism can only work is Somaliland agrees to it, will it agree to it, no.

So again we come back to where we were, its etheir two seperate countries or another war that will plunge East Africa into a free fall.

Originally posted by Somali Pirate:

Seeing my homeland fake elections where the money is supplied by western countries who would love nothing more to see a fragmented somalia is really disheartening.

Then again we have been under the boot of murderous thug called riyaale all these years.

I look at puntland and xaamar and i am just wondering, are we somalis so blinded by hate for each other that it has become second nature to discuss 3 seperate entities as if we are no longer somalis but somalilanders, puntlanders and somalis?

If it were up to me i would banish every single selfish seccessionists, warlords and dictator out there.

Believe it or not, most of the somali guys that i know in Cali are pro somalia and they come from all corners of somalia. I cant simply associate with clan cheerleaders. My hate for them is obvious. So they dont come around me.

And our logic is simple. One homogeneous nation has no other way to go but to be united as one.

Your clan is like your driving license! U just need to show it when the chief asks!BAM! lol

Other than that, there aint nothing a clan is gonna for u but pull backwards, just like it did to the somali nation now.

all the xlands will fall apart pretty soon. Then u will see why.....cuz clan aint shyte.