Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

U.S Rep. Donald Payne Somaliland response is unacceptable.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by Sophist:

" if they want to be isolated, they can be assured that I will do all I can to isolate them... and evidently that they dont need or want the support of US... and will support SOmalia and Puntland". Chairman Pyne!

That is a not what Somaliland thought would be the result of ciyaalnimada ey kudhaqmeen! This guy seems to have taken their absence personally! walee waa la idiin digey!

S.

To be honest the response is as I expected, although not this scathing. Indeed it was taken personally.

Originally posted by Sophist:

" if they want to be isolated, they can be assured that I will do all I can to isolate them... and evidently that they dont need or want the support of US... and will support Somalia and Puntland". Chairman Pyne! .

This is stunnig development, shooting yourself in the foot. It seems the rejection to attend the meeting was made emotionally without regard to international relations.

RedSea   

Waar ma hajj kiiba laga mooganaaday. What with all these nonsensical calacal. I thought you were all 'anti gaalo'.

Somaliland is very clear and its very simple we do not participate to any briefing reconciliation or any peace deal that is held for the koonfurians . what part do these people don’t understand , if he wants to talk to us he can send us an email.

Guys what’s Donald Payne going to do take back our ictraaf lol. :D

Kulaha we are going to isolate you lol.

:eek: :D

Hunguri   

Xaaji, a simple answer to your dellusion, is that, for the sake of argument, if Somali land will not participate any reconciliation or any peace deal which is held for the rest of Somalia, then the lack of a rule of law in Somalia, the hunger and shuttered economy, the blood shed of civilians, the growing of Alshabaab and every problem in Somalia, will pose a great threat to you and surely have an influence on Somali land. Then, wait and sit till it comes to your threshold!

Well we have not attend any reconciliation deal for the koonfurians the passed 17 years and we have never faced any trouble from the failed state of Somalia . Our crazy neighbor , so its working fine manaad is odhan. :D

Hunguri   

Its very sad, that you are gloating the pain and failure of a close brother of yours. You are showing the true cruelty of an enemy. Maxaay Somali kugu samaysay ? mise niyow Somali-ba ma tihid by blood!

Waaheen   

From a non partisan point of view this was a major blunder. Mind you prior to this Mr. Payne was at least willing to listen and meet with the Somaliland officials who occasionally visit Washington and was considered by many of them as a friend of Somaliland". Secondly why leave the stage for your adversaries? It makes no sence! The only outcome of this bad move was Somaliland came across as unreasonable and amateurish. This was a hearing for Gods sake, not a negotiation between them and the rest of the Somali entities.

I do believe Puntland has benefited from Somaliland's absence and actually made the most out of the event. The hearing was well attended.

Waaheen

Kashafa   

^^ What part of "I will make sure they remain isolated" do you not understand ? Congressmen are very cautious people and are not prone to 180 degree flips because some skinny African offered to buy them lunch. Every statement they make is examined and re-examined before it is released to the public. Why ? A lil somethin called reelection.

So you can best believe that Somaliland has gained one more enemy in America, a very powerful Congressman, and all the contacts and influence he has amassed over the course of 22 years in national politics. Waa isku xaartay, abti. Hell hath no fury like a Politican snubbed.

But no worries. Very soon, Shaykh Godane and Shaykh Zeylaci will be back to liberate you from the humiliation of begging for 'ictiraaf' and the constant weji-fiiqid of rejection. I expect you to be among the cheering masses that line the streets of Hargeisa as they welcome the victorious Mujahideen.

Oodweyne's entire rationale for Somaliland's snub came down to conspiracy theories and Rep Payne's supposed ignorance about the certain Somalis...how insightful.

LoooooooooooL@Kashaf a...what's worse he believes the man could be bribed with fish and chips at Capitol Hill cafeteria and little finesse by the so called foreign minister Dualeh.

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Hello Folks

Here is the
“little inconvenient truth”
that many of you are forever determined to over-look in your ever haste to
“condemn”
Somaliland. And, that is this
“briefing”
has been in the works for a while.

Furthermore, others, namely some
folks
who are around
Dr. Ted Dagne
(
the main force behind this effort
) who mostly are
“who-is-who”
of the yesterday’s
“defeated lot elites”
of Somalia, particularly, the
Gen. Afweyne’s
retired diplomatic officials in
Virginia
has been cooking up a close relationship with the said
Dr. T. Dagne
, in turn.

And although this
Dr. Ted Dagne
is from
Eretria
, but he is also married to a
lady
from Western Somalia – i.e.,
“O”
– hence, the intention was to organised some kind of a
“political trap”
for Somaliland through him.

Whilst, all along, the said Chairman
Payne
does not know the
“lowly machination”
that certain Somalis are up to at his committee’s expense (
through this Dagne chap
), and particularly how they are intending to use the said
Dr. Ted Dagne
(
who is his congressional assistance for Africa Affairs
) to advanced their
“holly-grail”
of a policy objective, which is that of making Somaliland as just another
“stake-holder”
for the troubles in Somalia, in the eyes of
US’s
Sub-Congressional Committee
, particularly in this one that deals with Africa.

Hence, whence, we found out the
“agenda”
behind this
“briefing”
and whose
“political spirit”
that the said organising force of that briefing, namely the said
Dr. Ted Dagne
seemed to be pushing forward; then, we have decided to settled for
“no show”
, indeed in here, in that briefing.

Since, the worse that could happen in here is that the said chairman of that committee would be
“crossed”
with us, indeed. But, then, all one can say in here, is that the
“folks”
that really matter in here are men like
Mr. Donald Yamamoto
, and
Mr. Johnnie Carson
at the
State Department
; and, they, in turn, are well aware of our
"real reason"
that have forced us to
“manoeuvre”
in that way, indeed.

As for the said
Chairman Payne
is concern, there is nothing in here, in which a
“good lunch”
at the Capitol Hall’s various restaurants organised by our foreign minister (i.e.,
Mr. A. M. Dualeh
) ably assisted as it will be by our Ambassador in the
US
(i.e.,
Dr. Sacad Sh. Osman Nuur
), in one fine summer day in
July
, on behalf of the said gentlemen, so that all
“misunderstanding”
between us could be smoothed over, along with a decent tete-a-tete between them, could not do, in the end of the day.

So, there is nothing in here,
folks
, for us to be worry about, particularly in that score, indeed...
:D

Regards,

Oodweyne.

Well said Mr. Oodweyne ..... looks like thay're missing the entire game here.

I'm glad that it is going into i high level of diplomacy now ....

Belial   

Yapp we are all missing the point and even the congress man from the states. Of course you are right lets wait and see where it leads you(snm-gangs)

Oodweyne...Tolka have their own minds and ways of getting their "nuggets" and quite honestly I don't play in the same league as they (no reflection on me or them really),but you on the other hand are captain of team, and your goalie (your boy JB) has just shown up quoting you already with little to add, and I'm sure others will follow suit regurgitating the same diet you are feeding. And speaking of food, make sure Dualeh takes the man someplace decent. After all, your big forehead stills reads Somali, and hence represents all of us ;)