Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Obama wins with a landslide margin, do you see any change in U.S Somalia policy

Juje   

Originally posted by Xidigo*:

^He is dabdhlf dee you know that. I thought You have never been to Somalia at all, Hadana dhuuxa iyo lafaha ayaa somali_land kaa gashay why is that?

Walaley kan ha ku xiqiin - Ngonge S/land wux u ka ogyahey maleh

It's a dream-cum-reality but give credit to the African Americans who turned out in record numbers. What's unique about the campaign that the media downplays is the direct contribution of popular black artists. They held free concerts and mobilized the youth to register and vote for Obama. There were many free concerts held in mostly the swing states, like Florida.

Obama has also shown his ability to electrify and reach out to voters across the political spectrum. The stats indicate that only 43% of whites voted for him, meaning he could have lost if America were exclusively white, but it was indeed the Hispanics, African Americans and other minorities' vote that counted the most.

Obama is a world leader who might have a major impact on the self-worth and dignity of the downtrodden blacks though his executive capacity would change little in terms of civil justice and opportunities.

Deputy, given the enormity of the unfinished task ahead, he has a "coherent strategy for stabilizing Somalia" but it's not clear as to how that strategy exists. His wife, Michele Obama confided in one of their Somali volunteers for the Somali constiuents in MN that her husband has a concrete plan for Somalia. Obama is really interested in helping Somalis as it's indicative of his visit to both Wajir(Kenya) and Diradawa (Ethiopia)- both cities predominantly settled by Somalis. I hope he spells out his plan for Somalia during his 1st term of office.

komo_somalikenya.jpg

Somalia and Africa will insha Allah benefit from Barack Obama's leadership. He is a local in terms of his roots and will help in developing the institutions of IGAD, AU which will help Somalia in the long run.

However he has much to do and very little honeymoon period. The financial crisis, the two wars and the many promises made to the base will concentrae much of his time.

Thus he has domestic issues to deal with and problems not seen by any President since FDR, on the table are universal healthcare coverage, a new new deal to stimulate the economy create jobs, this will probably centre on a major works projects and infrustructure.

Good luck to him, he has made my two year stay in America a great time.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Juje:

quote:Originally posted by Xidigo*:

^He is dabdhlf dee you know that. I thought You have never been to Somalia at all, Hadana dhuuxa iyo lafaha ayaa somali_land kaa gashay why is that?

Walaley kan ha ku xiqiin - Ngonge S/land wux u ka ogyahey maleh
Waxan ka ogyahey en ay yehiin dad karti leh and that they are hell bent on realising their dreams. The one clan nonsense does not wash with me (for that one clan breaks down into several sub-clans who are united in their goal to achieve a recognised country of their own. Contrast that with the the other 'one clans' of Puntland or the South).

Still, my actual coming off the fence has more to do with my disappointment and dispair with the rest of Somalia. I can't see why Somaliland has to sit and wait for that lot to sort themselves out. Will you tell me it's because of 'walaaltinmo' and 'Somalnimo'? Tell that to the ones burning Somalia, saaaxib. I am more than happy with my choice and think Xidigo is naive in her choice.

money   

Just watching and witnessing history made was rewarding and inspirational - we cried and hugged and screamed with joy....and partied for the victory of our elected president Barack Hussein Obama!

I pray for so many Somali Obamas and a real change. - We are too sophisticated for clan elders, criminal warlords, religious clowns and petty big-bellied opportunists... let us work for 2020 and nurturing and coaching the next wave of Somali Obama's

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I was not tutting at the recognition comment by the way. It was more to do with the 'Bantu' label that disappointed me. Lakin adigo Somaliland oon ba kuu muuqata.

Jandayi Fraser is a useless BANTU. Is there any question that she is a Bantu, Ya Ngonge? If we agree she is, then she is useless as a person. In fact, useless is an understatment!

Liqaye   

Black agenda report

Somalia: Will It Become Obama's War?1437somali-fighters

A Black Agenda Radio commentary by Glen Ford

"George Bush and his Ethiopian military allies have reduced Somalia to a wasteland."

Somalia's humanitarian crisis is nowhere near an end - but the cause of it might be. Ethiopia may be preparing to end its bloody occupation of its neighbor, which began with the invasion of December 2006, at the instigation of the United States. If the Ethiopians are, indeed, going, they are leaving Hell behind. Half the population has been displaced, in what the United Nations has called "the worst humanitarian crisis in Africa." The capital city, Mogadishu, once home to three million people, is empty of civilians. The puppet government installed by Ethiopia is said by the UK's Sunday Herald to "control just three small areas in Mogadishu and a few streets in Baidoa, the seat of parliament." If the Ethiopians withdraw, the so-called "transitional government" is unlikely to survive.

The United States' own Voice of America reports that all of Ethiopia's opposition parties now demand the regime bring the troops home. It is also clear that the Bush administration wants the Ethiopians to remain in Somalia, as U.S. surrogates. Their departure could lead to a quick pullout of an African Union so-called "peace-keeping" force made up mostly of Ugandans, who have acted as proxies for the United States elsewhere on the continent.

In less than two years, George Bush and his Ethiopian military allies have reduced Somalia to a wasteland. The U.S. is widely - and justifiably - despised by Somalis, who have been bombed and strafed by American airpower, and know full well that Ethiopia would not have invaded without massive U.S. urging and assistance.

"All of Ethiopia's opposition parties now demand the regime bring the troops home."

The Islamist forces that had brought a brief period of relative peace and stability to Somalia - and whom Washington claimed were linked to Al Qaida - may soon be in a position to claim military victory against the invaders and their American backers. Ethiopian politicians worry that their country's reputation in the world will suffer. Said one former Ethiopian lawmaker: "No Somali would consider Ethiopia as a savior.... They resolved to fight against us, and they are fighting, and in my opinion they are winning."

The timing seems to make it certain that Bush's proxy war against Somali society will have to be rethought by the next U.S. administration. Barack Obama has said nothing - not a word - about the suffering of the Somali people, or to indicate what his policy will be on Somalia, the northern neighbor of his father's country, Kenya. Kenya is also home to a huge ethnic Somali population, and the site of a giant refugee camp where a quarter million displaced Somalis languish.

A President Obama would have at his disposal the newly launched U.S. Africa Command, Africom, and a giant U.S. military base in Djibouti, the French neocolonial outpost on Somalia's northern border. With Ethiopia's occupation unraveling, the next American president will have to choose: Will he continue George Bush's murderous assaults on the Somali people, or allow them to rebuild their nation in ways of their own choosing.

For Black Agenda Radio, I'm Glen Ford.

BAR executive editor Glen Ford can be contacted at Glen.Ford@BlackAgendaReport.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

I was not tutting at the recognition comment by the way. It was more to do with the 'Bantu' label that disappointed me. Lakin adigo Somaliland oon ba kuu muuqata.

Jandayi Fraser is a useless BANTU. Is there any question that she is a Bantu, Ya Ngonge? If we agree she is, then she is useless as a person. In fact, useless is an understatment!
And you refer to her being Bantu because?

Originally posted by Abtigiis &Tolka:

In Somaliland too. There will be no recognition, nor any more visits by jandayi Fraser, that useless Bantu.

No sense of tact whatsoever, and you are suppose to be a grown man? You are a good example of what's wrong with somali's.