Sign in to follow this  
Bambina

What men should wear in Islam?

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum,

Islam teaches us to wear decent clothes ,I know for a fact that women must be covered from head to toes except hands and face.However , I have hard times finding hadiths about the way men should wear their clothes.For example , should a man wear shorts and sleeveless t-shirts outside?If you got sumthin on this , help me plz.

Assl All Wr Wb.

Fidele, walaal, that was good site. JizaakAllah. It actually taught me alot than I knew.

But one thing needs clearing out; the sunnah and waajib [farad]. A lot of the stuff there for the men are sunnah, which are good and all good muslim should be following, but not a waajib [must].

Thanks again.

-----------------------------

Geeljire geela waa wada jiraa, waana kala jiraa

[Who said politics are for the urbanites?!]

Geel-Jire,

Very good point, manshallah! From my understanding, I believe the most fundamental things made fard upon men is to cover the 'aurah (private area) and the thighs---basically the region from below the navel to the knee. Also, I'm not too sure, but I think men are also obligated not to have their lower garments passing their ankles (dragging the floor).

Everything else may be sunnah, but it has been emphasized that these are strong sunnahs that should not be disregarded. For example, the covering of the head while in prayer.

I've found another site that has also been very helpful to me. Inshallah, it might clarify some things further. smile.gif

Men's Dress in Islam