Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

What if you start with your wife forgetfully during the Ramadan

Abtigiis   

Aslaamu calaykum Sheikh Nur,

Aad iyo aad ayaan kuu salaamayaa. Here in my woods, things aren't bad. We are doing good with Ramadan, maasha-alaah. I want to ask you one question.

I know that if you eat/drink something amid the fasting hours, and you do so forgetting that it was Ramadan, you are required to stop eating/drinking immediately and you can continue your fast.

Does this apply to intimate interaction with your wife? If you are already in, and you relaize you are fasting, can you reverse your action and continue to fast. Especially, if the contact was brief and you didn't water yourself just yet.

Wa bilaahi Tawfiik!

Did the wife forget too? Am sure no one falls into it, there are things you do before it that should alarm you. It sounds fishy that someone would go all the way completely unaware of their actions.

But illahay ku ogyahay and it was a complete accident, Ilaahay ma noo qabto waxaan hilmaano.

Oz   

Abraar, You would've instead name the thread "Question for brother NUR" rather the long intimate name thread.

PS: How did you forget? :D

Abtigiis   

We are asking a hypothetical question here. Let us not go into the details of it. It can be the man has just arrived from a long travel and started it right away without any need for motivations. It can be he just woke up and found bare things. That is inconsequential.

By the way,C&H, if you think there are always things before the big one, go and read Gabriel Garcia Marquez's latest book, " Memories of my melancholy whores" and on around page 70, the lady who sweeps his house.

What matters is, are there any religious technicalites inovolved here. I heard a sheikh saying that if there is no liquid, no breaking. But this sheikh was describing different scenarios, like looking at the opposite sex, or dreaming about it. I am asking if it happens Live, but the liquid is not yet there, can the guy go awaya and continue to fast.

There is no cheeky intension here runti.

NGONGE   

^^ On your part no cheeky intention, but on the part of the members of your hypothetical story it sounds like cheeky intention and clumsy execution!

Come to think of it, your execution itself was nothing short of clumsy. So, to recap, one cheeky and clumsy all round. :D

(war change the title).

We are asking a hypothetical question here. Let us not go into the details of it. It can be the man has just arrived from a long travel and started it right away without any need for motivations. It can be he just woke up and found bare things. That is inconsequential.

Well, Though I dont venture into hypotheticals, all the scenerious you've described are very weak. So he came back from a long trip, or woke up from sleep, are you saying his mind is turned off? Nonesense!

By the way,C&H, if you think there are always things before the big one, go and read Gabriel Garcia Marquez's latest book, " Memories of my melancholy whores" and on around page 70, the lady who sweeps his house.

Oh why Sir, I dont reach anything with such title. BTW, dhagta iigu sheeg is he lusting after the cleaning lady?
icon_razz.gif

What matters is, are there any religious technicalites inovolved here. I heard a sheikh saying that if there is no liquid, no breaking. But this sheikh was describing different scenarios, like looking at the opposite sex, or dreaming about it. I am asking if it happens Live, but the liquid is not yet there, can the guy go awaya and continue to fast.

I was listening to Sheikh Umal about shuruudaha soonka iyo waxyaalaha jabiyo and intercourse is it with or without what comes out :eek:

But your scenerio is totaly differnt ;)

Ms DD   

I read something on ISlamonline.net but they were really clear. Touching and hugging dont break the fast but the actual intercourse does. That was my understanding.

In your case, if intercourse happened, both partners couldnt have forgotten...but i think you mean petting and caressing as long as you dont ejaculate. Maybe Nur or someone else can clarify.

PS There is no shame in seeking knowledge.

In your case, if intercourse happened, both partners couldnt have forgotten...but i think you mean petting and caressing as long as you dont ejaculate. Maybe Nur or someone else can clarify.

Sheikh Umal said ejaculation doesnt break the fast as long as there isnt an intercourse. WBT.

Malika   

Is this not the same question you asked last year's ramadan?

Fasting ramadan is mandatory fasting, and this requires one to be very careful of those acts that will make their fast invalid and cause them to commit grievous sin.

As an adult,am sure you know your weakness by now,so why not avoid situations that will escalate to a regret ey?

Abtigiis   

It is not the same question Malika. The one last year was about if lagu eedaamo when in the middle of the act. That is after the suxuur. This is about a midday encounter.

Still, my question is, can a brief union that lasts for seconds be counted as intercourse? Especially when the man stops the action immediately with no one yet starting to sweat?

Malika, it is not about somebody's weakness so much as it is about a general question.

C&H, the scenarios are indeed not weak. So far, at least three friends have confessed to have faced it at one point or another.

By the way, MS DD, if caressing and hugging can happen, why is it difficult to visualize this as a impulsive follow-up action?

Walaahu caliimun bimaa taclamuun!

Khayr   

Originally posted by Abraar:

It can be he just woke up and found bare things.

I kinda envy such a man...supriseee, its EID TODAY, macaanti! :D

Still, my question is, can a brief union that lasts for seconds be counted as intercourse? Especially when the man stops the action immediately with
no one yet starting to sweat?

:D

Here is a question for you,

Where both people Sane and Sober or Drunk?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Malika:

As an adult,am sure you know your weakness by now,so why not avoid situations that will escalate to a regret ey?

I don't think he will get your point, Malika. Ictikaaf time miya? :D

Abtigiis   

Khayr, let us say they both were sane.

Malika, Ironically, one might view what you described as a weakness as his strength. Being able to mount an onslaught at the earliest provocation. :D

Once we rest this theological question, I have one more follow up social question to ask: What if the wife insists that their fasting is broken by this act, and hence there is no going back. And the man is still unclear about it. What should he do?

C&H, titles could be misleading and one can learn a lot by venturing into what at first sight looks nasty. Elizabeth Pisani's "The Wisdom of Whores" is educating as well. Please read it.