Sign in to follow this  
Medley of extemporanea

peak oil, is it for real?

Bachelor   

Very annoying. Specially where there is poor public trasportation such as S/Valley. Where lots of rich people reside a hard working class nomad as me is feeling the pressure. Where i am at the price is range from $ 2.35-$2.40 Premimum unleaded (87). :mad:

Anyways, as of lately i been thinking how the African Goverment survive in $50 + a barrel? Specially the new Somalia goverment? Dont you guys think they should be subsidze by the good brothers (the Arabs) ?

Wiilo   

>>>>>>>Ok, how should I say this, well, here goes, I walk to school every day, (back & fourth) sometimes i really don't know if the City-Bus (Transportation) is working or not.("Cause I told U I walk to school)

So back to the topic, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Again it is not my problem.. smile.gif ."cause iam not kinda of ppl who are "sophisticated" (Meaning Drive Cars) so for this reason, i think i safe some money and best of all, it is exercise for me to walk very day.........Lol :D:D

Those of U who drive (Sophisticated) well i don't know what to say to u......but sorry that the gas price are rising........Well, u can blame on Bush........ his obsession of "War" and his mentality of "Defensiviness" the so called "Homeland Security".......Lol :D:D

Go figure

BN   
The petrol prices are outrageous...$58 per barrel? In Europe, especially, prices are exorbatant. At the very least however, it has become a very good excuse when one is tired or just plain does not want to be bothered :D

mojam   

well here in canada, we go by the liter and the price per liter is about 80cents (66cents US).

guess what though? 50% of the gas prices go in the pocket of the government (peep crooks) and 47% percent go to other things such as refining, delivery etc.

only 3% is actual profit for the gas station.

wiilo if your school is close enough consider it an exercise but i ain't walking no 35km.

LANDER   

wiilo,

You and I seem to be the only ones to value their bus passes :D

Mojam,

I know the tax rates are a bit higher than the US, but the government excise tax is a serious source of revenue for both the provincial and federal governments. It is used for such things as highway construction and better public transportation among other social benefits. Some of the tree hugers are even advocating for a half penny hike in gas prices for research on environmentally friendly sources of energy. I think if the gas prices keep going up the government will have no choice but to lower the tax slightly. I find it ironic though when Somalis criticize government taxes when most of us abuse the system with our welfare-collecting majority. But anyway I’m sure you can take the TTC to your 35 km destination, so in conclusion ride the rocket sxb :D .

Wiilo   

"wiilo if your school is close enough consider it an exercise but i ain't walking no 35km"

Walaalo it is more than that 35km. Lol :D:D

Go figure

Senora   

^^^ :eek: ^^^ well, good for you....

I live in the metro area of Atlanta, and for many of you who are familiar, you know what I'm talking abt when I say, you can't walk or much less catch public transportation. There are hardly any sidewalks, and these dang buses are no help. These bus stops are so far away.... it was such a long walk home ( on the grass and dirt). I hated it. Sometimes i wish i could just go back to Chicago :(

LuCkY   

As-salaamu Alaikum,

I too can not BeLieve the prices are so High...damn :mad: :mad: :mad: !

WiiLo & Lander you guys are the Lucky ones here so say ALhamduliLaah. The buses here take forever to get one to one's desired destination...meaning they wiLL make me Late.

I drive 15-20minutes on the freeway fLying @75-90mph so it aint easy pLus Im aLways on the run doing aLL sorts of things and that is not heLping me either.My car soaks up the beenziin Like a sponge soaks up water. :mad: :mad: :mad:

PEace :D !

Those of us trudging in the rainy, snowy, windy days towards the bus stop...wating 20 minutes for the *&*#@ bus to arrive :mad: ..then realizing that we left the pass at home on top of the kitchen counter....will love to scream about gas prices :D *sigh*

Wiilo   

Well, i said Allamdulilaah every day that we have such transportation system that works for ppl like me. Although, i walk to school most of time, but then the buses are conv't when i'm running late for class. Allamdullilaah.

Fiance' my dear, although, i have never been to ATL, but i heard that the transportation there aren't that much, compare to where i live. most ppl have cars there. Everyone drives to schol, and work, is that true?

Wabillaahi Towfiiq: