Sign in to follow this  
guraad

Father : muqadishu will never be muqadishu it was.

damn it, didn't I tell you HORNEY that he left the NSS in 1986. Tell me who were repressed to the maximum in that period! You got men like Daahir Riyaale, Shaatiguduud who stayed working for the notorious sections till the end of times and nobody says anyting about them, yet you insult my father. While he left and took off to an unknown country with nothing!

HorniestAfrican, you have no idea who you're dealing with...so you better back off!

BTW: Admin isn't that a personal attack, he attacked my family background instead of my view.

BN, I'm for a future in Puntland all the way but just saying a lot of people will o to Xamar.

Rahima   

Cajaa’ib walaahi. smile.gif

If this is not clear-cut hatred then I don’t know what is. :confused:

What’s even more surprising is the way some not only condone this hatred but also support it while at the same time claiming to be nationalists and not care for tribal politics.

And don’t worry about it, I’m sure there are many who are ready to help rebuild ALL of Somalia, including Xamar ;) .

Gabbal   

Allow yaa mahadle.

Here goes the same tactic. The same generalization. Do you not think of something else of off to make me seem invalid?

Oh, he's born into that qabiil, he must be this and that, he must have done this and that. :rolleyes:

Now I'm just laughing.

Look at it like this my northeastern brothers. the difference between Jamac and I, or Riyaale and I is this,

The case of a Pakistani man and an American, the Pakistani doesn't speak Urdu, but the American does. Who would you take to Pakistan?

The Pakistani who was born into that culture doesn't, but the American who wasn't does.

Whether you dismiss it or understand I don't care, that is my final say in your petty attempts as such.

And Smith wishing your double all the best too :D

What’s even more surprising is the way some not only condone this hatred but also support it while at the same time claiming to be nationalists and not care for tribal politics.

As they say sis, the truth is in the pudding.

the morale of this story!

leave the family at home!!

hey we all have skeletons in the closet! leave them there! i know, my family is scary, i am still working on extracting some genes from my dna!!

Qudhac   

Going Back on the issue of muqdisho, there is no doubt its now inhabited by the people from that region of somalia and as a tribal society that somalis are i think somalis should stay this way until they are willing to live with each other peacefully but lets not blind ourselves somalis are not at a stage so rewinfing the clock infact i dont ever think it will go back to how it was once trully. so everyman to his region and village i say.

And to those who always cry how bad muqdisho i think most people know who they are but all i have to say is get over it go to your village that you abandoned over 30 years ago in rush to muqdisho and built that town.

in any case muqdisho is not as "bad" as people make it out to be, so please drop this vindeta agains muqdisho and concentrate on your own regions.

sahal   

This is not fair, Somali haters and those who responsible for our attrocities or the so-called somalilanders and Barre Huuraale's son (Hornafrique) are allowed to insult anybody they like and if anyone defend him/herself from them would banned.

That's not fair.

Abwaan   

Asalamu Calaykum waraxmatullaahi Wabarakatuhu Brothers and Sisters,

Before I start my comment I would like to say that this isn't to deny the rights of other cities or those who were originated from there but this is purely based on my eyewitness account.

I have visited Mogadishu in January 2004 after being away from there for 12 years. I was born and raised outside Mogadishu but also lived and studied there for many years before the civil war.

I can say that Mogadishu has now changed a lot; both for the worse and better so it depends on what you are looking into. On one side Mogadishu is this lawless, probably with the highest unemployment over the world, with poor roads where anyone can drive on whichever side of the road they want to and whichever direction but on the other side I have seen this Mogadishu with its streets filled by uniformed students, with newly built housing compounds, business exhibitions, with universities (whom students and staff I have met on a visit to one of the universities) and with better domestic services (such as electricity, water, communications) Although I have to admit that it hasn't widely reached to the community.

For those who think that Mogadishu was nice only when their fathers were senior officials from old regimes, had large villas, farms and cars they have to realize that many Somalis were suffering under those corrupted governments and were denied of freedom of speech, were in jails, got their loved ones killed or went into exile. I remember in the 80s when one of my former classmates along with dozens of other Somalis was killed by government soldiers and had their bodies burned and then brought into one of the cities in Somalia trying to see if anyone can claim that they were related to them (the shufta, a term used for those victims) so that they can be put in jail. My former classmate's dad had to deny that he was the father of the teenager in order to save his life and his family from further atrocities.

All this doesn't mean that I am turning a blind eye on those who lost lives, porperty or dignity in and around Mogadishu or anywhere in the country and those who fled from Mogadishu or other places around Somalia before and during the civil war (whom I am one of them) but just to mention some situations that other fellow Somalis have faced in the past.

Finally, I believe that many Somalis have suffered over the years in different parts of the country before and after the civil war over the periods of with or without government so please brothers and sisters let us not add insults to injuries. Let us just forget and forgive and work together towards the future. Please stop posting bad comments over the net (which we all know is a sin).

Thank you,

Liqaye   

Hehehe,

at least the puntlanders are right about one thing.

Mogadishu does not need you.

Neither will the ill gotten gains of some oppressors such as jamac bootans father et al be returned or restituted to them, for restitution implys rightfull ownership in the first place.

Although we are thankfull :rolleyes: for the SHASNA's brigades concern for the shabelle and juba regions well being, but i beilieve survival has not entailed and will not entail the cheerleading attempts of mobb or jamac.

Mogadishu does not need you or your ilk, that regularly flagelatte themselves over what happened in xamar, it was unfortunate that it occured in the way that it did, but the un-ashamed arrogance and ignorance put on display by mobb and this new fella Jamac, i believe left no option, to any society, more so in our clan riven one.

Let us not forget what brought so many puntlanders to the rest of somalia, I mean if i was in their position i would also try to escape from places like karkaar and the rest more so scince being stuck on the colonial italians like a bad case of lice made it ever so easy.

But to claim that any other somali benefited from this selfish movement of people is not only hilarious it is redundant post 1991.

So lets go beyond this mentality of hurting xamar by going back to bossaso and qardo, all it means is the men who benefit from the balkanization of somalia can only rejoice at such utter ********* .

But lest you forget my first assertion,

You are right if worst come to worst,

Mogadishu does not need you.

Gabbal   

Ceel-Buur, whether they cry day and night, ying and yang, no city in tha whole of the Somali territories has ever reached the potential of Muqdisho and will ever reach it in the near-future.

Rokko   

Mr HornAfrique, read between the lines. :D Mr.CeelBuur doesn't really care about anyone from Caabudwaaq as he hinted ;)

Sir maqabe allow maqan. :D Mr Ceelbuur, welcome back saxib.

by the way, if Mugdisho doens't need puntlanders, why isn't it atleast as decent as when we lived there? ;)

I think Somalis need each other if ya know what I mean :D

Rahima   

Liqaye,

Brother must you make the same mistake that those who you are disagreeing with have made? This is what I despise, why must everyone compromise what they claim to believe in when they disagree with others? Why, Why? :confused: Could it be just a case of true colours coming out ;) ?

Don’t categorise all puntlanders as the same, not all (not even most, a small minority) want to see the demise of Mogadishu (just like a small minority of those from xamar want to see the demise of Bossaso). In fact I’m sure most are praying for the good of Xamar and inshallah all our prayers will be answered (I can’t imagine living elsewhere, simply because of climate reasons but that’s another story).

And Mobb deep, all Mogadishu needs are good citizens who are willing to work towards its betterment so that inshallah it will continue to take its position as the capital of Somalia. If this incorporates puntlanders, then let it be for they are Somalis, the same for somalilanders, reer waamo, reer somali galbeed etc but don’t ever think it’s success is solely based on Somalis from a particular area smile.gif . It’s a collective effort brother, let us keep that in mind.

Liqaye   

Brother mobb, you should read my post again, mogadishu does not need a group of people that believe that there form of administration is and was the source of all wisdom and clarity.

That is a myth we have to puncture as brothers but like i said if you cannot find it within yourself to understand the utter irrelevance and historical distortions inherent in your argument, then bro mogadishu does not need and i wish iskshuban and karkaar all the best.

Rahima sis, what i said and what i meant is claer to mobb and jamac, somalis might hope the best of each other and for each other, but hope given with the air of charity and nostalgia for things that never were, i believe are more a burden for those who are on the recieving end of that faux-charity.

As for how puntlanders came to dominate in kismayoo or mogadishu i believe is a historical fact clear cut and simple, either the pattern continues and with it the revulsion of somalis or a new mutually agreeable beggining can be made.

The hotels and other exploitative establisments that mobb remebers with such fondness i believe have to be forgoten, crying over spilt milk i dont believe is something that can be accepted as a basis for reconcialtion by other somalis, least of all when how the milk came to be acquired is a historical injustice.

My defence of mogadishu would be the same as for berbera, burco, bossosa or bilis qoqaani, people either come to the table with an open mindset, or can go on sighing about how there NSS father and cuun laaye uncle had it good in the mog.

P.s sis concerning your quip concerning true colours coming out, well even the qoute from the quran you use as a signature will not keep people accusing you of that on this website. ;)

It aint politic to start with that question.

BN   

QUOTE:Originally posted by LIQAYE:

Neither will the ill gotten gains of some oppressors such as jamac bootans father et al be returned or restituted to them, for restitution implys rightfull ownership in the first place.

What about the thousands of other innocent hardworking average people whos properties were stollen? I doubt they will get anything back either.

Quote: Although we are thankfull for the SHASNA's brigades concern for the shabelle and juba regions well being, but i beilieve survival has not entailed and will not entail the cheerleading attempts of mobb or jamac.

Wow. This from somone who hails from Ceel-Buur. Amazing. Are you forgetting that the USC(and other invaders from south mudug and galgaduud) presence in L. Shebelle and Jubba are illegal occupations? And they will, sooner or later, be evicted from those regions as was the case in Bay and Bokool.

Quote: Mogadishu does not need you or your ilk, that regularly flagelatte themselves over what happened in xamar. it was unfortunate that it occured in the way that it did, but the un-ashamed arrogance and ignorance put on display by mobb and this new fella Jamac, i believe left no option, to any society, more so in our clan riven one.

So you have in one fowl swoop cleared the USC of their war crimes, massacres and genocide stretching from Galkacyo to Baidoa to Kismayo. And declare those Mogadishu Massacres as a kind of "cleansing". How utterly repulsive and demeaning to those countless masses of innocent people who were butchered.

Quote: Let us not forget what brought so many puntlanders to the rest of somalia, I mean if i was in their position i would also try to escape from places like karkaar.

It's hard for me to be insulted from those who are from Ceel-Buur, Dhusa Mareeb and god knows where else. And maybe you should speak with your cousins who are "escaping" Mogadishu, Ceel-Buur, Heraale, Abudwaaq and other violence-ridden areas since 1991 to come to Bosaso, Galkacyo, and Garowe among other areas.

There were many reasons why PLers(along with a 1/3 of Somalis) from all six regions migrated south,--and they included political, social, and economic reasons. Successive governments left our region(and most of Somalia) underdeveloped. So much so that nearly all employment, education, medical services, etc. were only found in Mogadishu or Kismayo.

Quote: So lets go beyond this mentality of hurting xamar by going back to bossaso and qardo

You have completely missed the point. I personally would not want to raise my family in a place where tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children were massacred for being in a particular tribe. It happened once and it can happen again easily enough.

BN