Sign in to follow this  
sahal

Don't kiss my hand, Saudi king tells citizens

sahal   

"Don't kiss my hand," Saudi king tells citizens Sunday September 11, 09:29 AM

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's new King Abdullah has ordered citizens not to kiss his hand, saying the traditional gesture of respect is degrading and violates Islam, Saudi newspapers reported on Sunday.

"Kissing hands is alien to our values and morals, and is not accepted by free and noble souls," Abdullah told a delegation from Al-Baha, in southwest Saudi Arabia, who came to the royal palace to offer congratulations on his accession.

"It also leads to bowing, which is a violation

of God's law. The faithful bow to no one but God."

Abdullah became king on August 1 after the death of King Fahd. Thousands of Saudis flocked to pledge allegiance to him in the days that followed, many kissing him on the shoulder or stooping to kiss his hand in a sign of respect and loyalty.

But the king, who has a reputation for modesty in a family better known for opulence and power, said only a father or mother deserved such deference.

"I announce my complete rejection of this matter, and I ask everyone to restrain from kissing the hands of anyone but their parents," the monarch said.

;) No Comment

S.O.S   

Brothers and sisters,

Dhaaghoot:

The exclusion, transgressing or exceeding the limits of obeying, worshipping or following other than Allah swt

Types of dhaaghoot (as defind by sh M. S. at-Tamimi):

1) Iblis, accursed is he by Allah

2) one who approves to be worshipped

3) one who calls people to worship him

4) one who claims the knowledge of the unseen

5) one who rules by laws other than those sent down by Allah

6) and many more minor ones

If the Saudi king distances himself from one form of dhaaghoot, then we Muslims should all welcome that and encourage him to do even more, and ask Allah to guide him to His path.

WCWW

Kashafa   

^^ Hear, Hear. It was even worse during the Abbasid-era Caliphs. Then, in order to meet with the Caliph/King, you'd have to walk up to him, kneel, bow down till you're in the 'sujood' position and kiss the ground. This new decree from the Saudi King is a positive sign.

^^^Would that change any thing, good WOL? The head of old goons should go, I say. Or at least he needs to undertake real reforms in his little and corrupt empire. Any short of that would tantamount to brushing the surface whilst deep cleansing is needed.

sahal   

Just b4 yesterday night i was watching Saudi TV. they're still kissing his shoulder and some of them his armpit :mad: , so what kind of people are they? if somene said don't kiss me why are they kissing him? or what was norm in many years couldn't be changed overnight? i'm confused :confused:

I was expecting more legislations such as banning men kissing other men or call it if you like KHASHAM CALAA KHASHAM (nose to nose), i.e when they touch each other's noise, imagine somene whose nose is flat (like us) what sould happen redface.gif