Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

democracy fallacies

do u know this means different things to different socities! to Greeks who invited it meant, Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives from many different bodies of social groups!

to Americans, it means Majority rules! to other socities it means, the principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community, i.e., moslem and african socities !!

in 3rd world, we see that there as many parties competing for govt control! while in the western world, like usa, uk etc., it means basically 2 parties running for office!! is that really democratic ideology! now its not!! why r there only 2 parties in running for pwr in the western world while 3rd democratic countries have so many parties competing for pwr!! who is fooling who heya!!

well, what i am getting to, is that, if democracy according to the west is only comprised of 2 parties, we really dont need it in places like africa!!

i mean look in usa, what if i dont vote for either party what then!!... i believe this sytem should provide for more than 2 choices at least!!

:(

Thoth   

It's obvious that you have never been to a voting booth before. There are many choices on the ballots. There is even a space for you to write in a persons name. If you want someone on a specific ballot, you only have to collect enough registered voter signatures. Don't take this as a personal attack on you because it's not. People should know the facts before you they spread falsehoods.