Sign in to follow this  
Ashkiro

Child Molestation in Muslim Society: Myth or Reality?

Asalaam aleykum Ashkiro,

It's a thought provoking article. I could only skim through it... Inshallah will read it in whole. But I would like to respond to the question.

Answer is its a REALITY. Fault is with the Muslims and not ISLAM. Alot of "muslims" do things which are unIslamic and unfortunately "Islam and its teachings" get the wrap of it. Islamic teachings is very protective of women, children and also gives guidelines on etiquettes on how to treat your children, the mahrim context, separation of the sexes. So that this abuse or just the whispering of Satan to try them out.. should not happen. From my observations I blame this problems arise from alot of things... the most important us Muslims leaving the true folds of Islam .The family unit was supposed to be the core unit especially in protecting and entrusting childern with good character is now at its weakest point.Parents are busy at times unaware what happens with their children and the immediate family..lack of morality all around which leads to irresponsibility and lack of self control. Egoism - the strong preying on the weak forgetting their reponsibility of Kinship. No parental control on what teens "raging hormones" watch and like to experiment or impress. And some people are just sick.. they just cant control themselves audhubillah... The list can go on.

Wallahi, the idea of having children in this time scares me. One thing I have promised myself is I will be close to my children as my parents were Inshallah and trust their word. Many of these crimes go unheard because the kids are afraid to face an elder or they are not beleived and unfortunately,the girl is the one who gets her name smeared.At times though, the male can be punished by the law.

Oh, I can ramble on and on... but I think its high time we "Muslims" should accept that this disease exists and try to solve the problem and discuss this openly. In some cultures we hear alot of such cases. In the west the system has sex offenders identified which is a good step. But there is still room for more. So far, I havent heard such things happening in the somali community. The conclusion I draw from this is we Somali's- protect our young and alot of our people follow their Religion seriously, Alhamdullilah.

Got to go for now...

fii amanillah

WOL

Ashkiro   

Wa Salam Walaal,

Thank you for your response, I wanted to share the article I found interesting, sadly there is not much I can add to the topic, but felt obliged to say wa salam and thanks for the response. smile.gif