Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

Will Iran become a Nuclear Power? how soon?

Muhammad   

» Asalamu Alaykum,

I was watching charlie rose last night and they were discussing the current situation in Iran.

do you think Iran will become a nuclear power - if so how soon do you think they will get it?

and how do you think the world would react, and how will a nuclear armed Iran effect the geo-political map in the middle east?

everyone expects that Israel will strike first, like Iraq, and will not tollarate Nuclear Iran, do you think they are just bluffing and know that a war with Iran is unwise.

what about the Sunni/Arabs? actually I'm more interested in them, because we all know that Shi'ite Iran wants to dominate the Mideast and control over Makkah and Madinah. do you think Pakistan would help Egypt or Saudi Arabia in building their own Nukes?

hmmm... the next few years look very interesting indeed! very dangerous also!

---------------------

IAEA endorses Iran's N-freeze: US insists on taking action - Pakistan Dawn

Salaams

Wiilo   

Muad you have raise an excellent questions here, but if i give little bit of my opinion I think that Iran will become one of the Nuclear power houses in the Middle East, but then they (Irans) will have to deal with the pressure of the "West" over thier protection of Isreal. Americans developed policy known as "Dual Containment" which basically means isolating Iran regionally, cutting them off from the World economic and trading system. Americans made efforts to persuade Europe and Russia and Japan to deny Iran access to international capital and arms markets.

America wants Isreal to have Nuclear programs which they do now in the whole region and to protect themselves from thier anemies so no matter what they (Americans) support financially and give Isreal all kinds of WMD. Americans believe that Iran's demands of Nuclear programs will jeopadize their interests of the region.

The World will react how the Americans react about the Iran Nuclear Programs. When we say the World we are talking about U.S. allies and as we all know America does not want Iran to have Nuclear programs. Isreal might strike with the help of the "West" particulary the Americans but the question is how and why? If Iran helps the Palestian freedom fighters then Isreal might have a case to strike Iran.

Of cours Iran wants to dominate the Mideast but controling Mekkah and Madinah will not happen, because one Allah is the protector of these two Holly places and second Saudis will not allow that to happen. Pakistan will do whatever U.S. administration tell them to do, and I think that the U.S. will not tell them or even allow them to help Egypt or Saudi Arabia in building their own Nuclear programs because that will jeapodize all those years of helping the Isreal to be the only country in the region with Nuclear programs. You know what! it all comes down to their interest of oil in region and thier pursue of dominiting the region, and it will continiu until something else happens.

OG_Girl   

lol@dominate macca.

Iran not intrested to dominate mecca or even madina so calm down .

Iran will make Israel think million times before they think to invate any Arab country. And Shia or Sunna is just western way to devide Muslims to control . They been scaring Gulfian about Saddam to just come in our states and invate Iraq.

The danger isn't from Iran the danger from America.cause not one controling gulffian Arabs but America.

Salam

Iran wants to control Mecca and Medina..? :confused:

OG is right: Before the invasion and occupation of Iraq, the average American didn't know what "Sunni" or "Shia" meant. Today, all they do is report about the "Sunni triangle" and the "Shia stronghold." Divide and conquer: the oldest trick in colonial politics.

IRAN -

I believe that Iran already has the technology to make nuclear programs - and that it uses that ability has a bargaining chip to reach its own national goals. However, this American-Isreali pressure to get Iran on its knees is a way to cripple Iran through U.N. sanctions (as they did in Iraq in the early '90s) and then - when the timing is right - to invade it and conquer it in the name of "liberation." Deja vu?

John Abazaid (chief commander of American occupation forces in Iraq & Afghanistan) recently warned Iran not to "underestimate" the U.S. military. When did Iran underestimate the U.S. military? He went on to brag about U.S. military might. I was quite surprised. Esp more shocking when you realize they're words coming from the lips of a Lebanese!

Wiilo   

As you know there are some sold out ppl in this world. It don't matter what that guy is, but what matters is that how they did sell him out, so now

that guy thinks he is an American wow.I wonder how they (Somalian men who have joined the American Millitary) feel now.I bet they think that they are an Americans too..................

hmmmmmmmm :confused:

LANDER   

I have more respect for the Islamic Republic of Iran than I do for any other country in the middle east. I hope they continue on the path to development and I seriously doubt the Americans would ever dare launch a ground war against Iran, that would be suicidal and can potentially turn out to be a worst catastrophy than Vietnam. Let’s keep in mind that Iran is not Iraq it is much more capable than Iraq and it has a popular leadership. All this gibberish about Iran wanting to take over the holy sites is cowardly fear mongering by incapable arab regimes. Sort of the same way Saddam Hussein got the best of their fears when he convinced them to support him in his war against Iran because the “Persian†threat could destabalize the arab world. That being said, lets speak hypothetically for a moment and Imagine that Iran somehow gained control of the holy sites, so what? Are they not our brothers in Islam? Do they not have the same rights as the rest of us to those holy sites? Let’s come back to the Saudi question for a moment, some people assume that somehow the Saudi’s are designed to be the true and “rightfullâ€(if there is such a notion) guardians of the holy sites, but they forget that the real claimants to those privileges are hashemites like King Abdellah of Jordan and his late father King Hussein (Illahey ha u naxaristee).

Blessed   

America has sets it's sights on Iran. If recent history is anything to go by Iran would be destructed before they can say Nu...!!

Alas, I'm a strange optimist me. I have a feeling something majorly significant is going to come out of this war in Islam. I think Allah is ridding us of weaklings first...Insha Allah.

DraGon   

Lander well said bro. couldn't agree more.

Iran has proved to be sophisticated, modern, democratic and in tune with world politics than any other country in the middle east and for that they have gained alot of admiration from alot of muslims especially non-arab muslims.

Take the current nuclear stand issue with US for example, they technical isolated US politically something sadam hussein and any of the arabs leaders couldnt fathom. This guys know how to play the games.

The difference between Shia and Sunni sects is perpertuated and politicized more by arabs than Iranian from my personal experience. Can you believe the ONLY unanimous resolution EVER passed by Arab league is codemnation of Iran for "occupying" a disputed island with UAE.

Shias/Iran are only Muslims/nation who have proven to defend the interest of all Muslims in this day and age. When the Arabs are asking Muslim women in France to give up there rights Iran is helping build schools for the affected girls, when Bosnian Muslims were slaughtered Iran was the only country that supplied arms to the defenceless Muslims. Not to mention Lebanon and Palestine.

Haddad   

In practice, Iran is already a nuclear power; it needs only one test to confirm and become a member of the club. I think it will take Iran a few years to make a test. The world's reaction to that doesn't factor. It will not affect much the geopolitical map of the Middle East; nuclear warheads mean little or nothing. Proof? Pakistan; it's about the same, just like its pre-nuclear status. Today, wars are won with conventional weapons/technology, like the Shahab missiles. Israel and/or the US cannot strike Iran; it will be counterproductive, plus Iran's reaction will be devastating to Israel and the US forces in the Gulf. Iran doesn't want to dominate the Mideast and control over Makkah and Madinah; that's bad and flawed analysis. Iran wants to empower Muslims, kick out the crusaders/invaders from Muslim lands and work towards cooperation between Muslims in many areas (economy, military and etc).

Thoth   

Some of you don't really understand the whole nuke situtation at all. America doesn't care who has nuclear weapons, unless your government is unstable and can't control the weapons. I doubt that america really wants to go on invading country after country, thus destroying americas economy and america itself. America has faced countries with nuclear weapons for tens of years. First the Russians, Chinese, N.Korea and now Iran. America has working relationships with these countries even though their governments were/are not democratic.

Look at N.Korea for example. They spent billions of dollars on nuclear weapons, for what, to see 100,000 of their own people starving. And now that they are short on natural resources, money, and food, they threaten S.Korea unless they get what they want. If they had spent the billions on other things they wouldn't be in this situation. America was never going to invade N.Korea, they had 50 years to invade and america didn't. N.Korea just wasted their time and money on nuclear weapons. America doesn't care who has nuclear weapons, unless your country can't control the WMB. Americas biggest concern with Russia today is that some terrorist group will buy a nuclear weapon and use it.

As one of you pointed out, wars today are not fought with nuclear weapons. They never will be, the cold war proved that. America didn't give Isreal the WMD, Isreal stole them. Maybe one of the reasons america supports Isreal is that they haven't used a nuclear weapon. The more nuclear weapons in the world, the more likely someone someday is going to use one. Hopefully it won't be against your country.

When Iran is finished with its nuclear program, only time will tell what they will do with it. Whoever said does it matter if Iran controls Mecca, talk to some people from Saudai Arabia before you sell them out.

Sakina   

I've never heard of Iran invading a country. So what makes us think that they want to invade Mecca and Madina? We should be careful not to listen to the people who want to divide Muslims. Do you know that Iran is the only country that does not differentiate between sunnis and shias?

Iran is the only country that openly supports the palestinian cause. We should be worried of the over 200 nuclear bombs that Israel has infact Israel is the one that want to occupy Mecca and Medina.

juba   

let me first start by saying that iran will probalby have a nuclear war head by 2006. this is not only a threat to Israel but to the whole world (including muslims!). if a nuke hits israel it will take half of the middleeast with it so i don't think Iran is that ****** to do so. then why the trouble to make and accquire them? when the time is just right i suppose.

Dragon,

you said that" iran has proved to be sophisticated,modern,and democratic..." that is a bit exagerated isn't it? Iran, in my opinion, is no better off and maybe evern worse than iraq when it comes to humanitaries and saudi arabia in modernization.

Sakina,

you said that isreal whants to occupy mekkah and medina!! thats new to me and mostly likely everyone on SOl! what would be the point of that anyway? i think there a little busy with keeping the palestinians out of "THEIR" land

this is a good topic and an important issue for our generation. i agree with most that the US won't make the same mistake twice; it will leave that for isreal after all they are looking out for their lives and it won't be a suprise if they strike before iran does.

Wiilo   

Iran is capable of defending its people if attacked but the question is, will Isreal strike first and if it does, what will Isreal's motives and objectives be? And if that happens, how will the rest of Arab countries react? {I'm sure if they cann't react what is happening in Palestine they will not react an attack from Isreal to Iran}

As mentioned before: this is a good topic to discuss....

JUBA -

Although its not worth it, I'll try to talk some sense into you: If Israel (and its government) were given the opportunity to annihilate the entire Muslim civilization, they wouldn't blink for a second. They would love to destroy Mecca and Medina - because that'll be a blow to the pride of the Muslim Ummah. So keep thinking that the Jews are nice people who smile and are "busy" defending themselves against Palestians.

AND as far as "humanitaries" - I think you were trying to say "human rights" - how do you know about Iran's human rights? Have you been there? Or do you read (and believe) the fancy books Ivy League professors write and make money on?

No one's perfect. Reflect on this fact while you scratch your head: USA (pop. 300 mil) has over 2 million people in prison. China (pop. 1.2 billion) has about 1.5 million people in prison. Of the 2 million in USA prisons, 57% are African American. Let's talk human rights over a cup of coffee so you can bore me to death with all the crappy propaganda you like to believe!

Haddad   

Originally posted by juba:

Iran, in my opinion, is no better off and maybe evern worse than iraq when it comes to humanitaries and saudi arabia in modernization.

Well, that's your opinion; the facts say otherwise. If your idea of "modernization" is skyscrapers, expressways and etc, then you're wrong. At the very least, Iran produces automobiles and a wide range of weapons and arms; Saudi Arabia doesn't. I don't have to say anything about Iran's "humanitaries" and how it maybe worse than Iraq's; you didn't give any example, plus your Western sources have credibility issues.

Originally posted by wiilo:

...the question is, will Isreal strike first and if it does, what will Isreal's motives and objectives be? And if that happens, how will the rest of Arab countries react? {I'm sure if they cann't react what is happening in Palestine they will not react an attack from Isreal to Iran}

Isreal's "motives and objectives" are irrelevant; it needs to strike Iran for there to be "motives and objectives." I don't know what you mean by "Arab countries", you probably meant that by Arab governments- in that case, they won't be able to react. Why? Because they lack decision-making powers, which Iran enjoys. You talk about Arab governments as if they're assertive and independent; they're not. If they try to be so (by defying the West, among other things), the fate of Saddam Hussein or bin Laden awaits them.