Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

British Parliament Debates on Somaliland

Hashim   

if there is recognition of the so-called somaliland, puntland had already captured SOOL and SANAAG BARI and the Djibouti will capture AWDAL and no one will mind if W.galbeed, Togdheer (which is not enthaustiatic for the seperation) and Berbera could rule themselves or ask outside help.

Fyr   

"Djibouti will capture AWDAL"

Where on earth did you get this idea?

People! is Hashim always this or is he making a particular effort today?

As for the Sool/Sanaag conflict, I hope Somaliland Government will find a peaceful way to manage it.

[ February 06, 2004, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Mursal ]

BN   

Acuudubillah. Why do you guys always feel the need to look for acceptance and approval from your old british masters. You seem to be the only people openly courting your former colonialist,--while the rest of the 3rd world is united against the neo-colonialism of today. Instead you seem to be dreaming of a 'white knight' in shining armour to whisk you away. :D

So much so that you become giddy when a few old white farts, mention your name in a committee or visits the dusty streets of Hargeisa! I will remind you--before Oodweyn and Co. become intoxicated with jubilation--of another MP, Jim Karygiannis(Canada-ruling Liberal party), visited Hargeisa in 2002, and wrote yet another

report awash with the propaganda and disinformation of the ruling elite. As before,

this will have no bearing on Somalia or any division of Somalis in the future.

And any lines drawn in the sand by foreigners a hundred years ago will prove to be wholly irrelevant to the future of Somalia.

As for your proverbial wet dream :D of including Sool, Sanaag, and Cayn in your fantasy of re-creating the old British Somaliland,--the sad reality of which is all too striking today. Your old british masters wont be coming to your rescue this time and they wont reward your obedience and subservience with more land from the peoples of Sool, Sanag, and Cayn. ;)

And I would not be surprised to find Riyaale and Ghelle(who seem to be getting on very well),

to be contriving a plan to annex Awdal region into a 'Greater Djibouti'. :D

As Gediid once said, none of your political leaders believe in this Somaliland idea and many are working against it. I suggest you worry more about Togdheer(which seems in line to re-join Puntland and Somaliweyn in the near future), then about Sool, Sanaag and Cayn. :D

FREE BUUR-MADOW! :D:D:D

BN

The EU and US are supporting the peace process for Somalia, and no one seems to mention this.

Two MP's go to Hargaysa for a Holiday and hey we are becoming a new country.

In Britian 100 MP's can not convince their govrnment to go to war or to stop tuition fees and now you believe that 2 or 3 MP's will recognise Somaliland LOL.

13 years and this is what you show for your recognition efforts, this is what they refer to as HF or Horrible failure. ;)

i think the debate was very moving and although there are some wrong informations whatever the reasons might be in its totality favourable to the people of somaliland. the questions they raised are very similar to what fair minded people were already asking. One of those questions is if international community doesn't reward success should they reward failure? should this peace talk in kenya fails not only british goverment but the intire international community will face very big dillema and i think the consensus will fall apart eventually. one serious note though is that the conflict in Las Anod may jeopardies 12 years or so of positive image of somaliland in the international community. Its upto the political elite in Somaliland and their skills to avoid to shatter that image as recognition comes nearer.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Gediid:

Bari

I like what ever you're on ,any chance you can hook up a brother .......
:D

:D:D

The chap is ''stuck in a loop'' and that can't be chemically induced. If you want a second opinion see the doc with no tools. icon_razz.gif

BN   

Originally posted by Gediid:

Bari

I like what ever you're on ,any chance you can hook up a brother .......
:D

Its called reality. Something which is in limited supply in waqooyigalbeed :D Hopefully, I can get a job with the Riyaale government as the "Minister for Truth, Accuracy, and factualism". You guys are in dire need of my services :cool:

BN

AYOUB   

^^^^^Here is few doses of reality for you minister:

Puntland is under a state of emergency, again.

Elections cancelled by the Colonel, again.

Bossaso under curfew, again.

Suldan Hurre's murderer is still on the prowl.

BTW, is your deputy minister of sport still in the slammer?

If removing the blindfolds is too scary I suggest you unblock the nose and smell the shite around you. redface.gif

LANDER   

Finally watched the full video, of the debate. Surprising so many mp's are taking interest in Britain here in Canada I know of only 3 mp's who even knew about Somaliland. Hats off to the Somalilanders in Britain for informing their government and giving these mp's the chance to see Somaliland for themselves. We have that many more believers in our cause. These people brought up so many good points on areas where Somaliland could be aided and we should take interest to draw more attention to those specific areas. Our worst enemies are not those anti-somaliland patrons but it is inaction. I feel action is what seperates us from the rest of our somali cousins, and we should continue to focus on acting for the betterment of our country and should try to escape political provocations and conflicts iniated by those who would like to deter us.

Long live the Republic

Vive la république :D