Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Pictures: Beautiful Sanaag mountains (calmadow)

Beautifull huh, i must say i yearn to see those landscapes for myself, to be chased by a rengade camel smile.gif , to tread the path of real nomads.

Those pics are quite old, i wonder can anyone tell me if theer enviroment and landsacpe have remain roughly intact??

I fear that the constant civil war and lawlessness could easly have effected such beautifull enviroments

Actually it does make me wonder how on earth we could go to war with each other. Such scenic surroundings would make me just wanna walk with my camels, and perhaps even talk with them (a somali doctor do-little) ;)

Muhammad   

Amazing. They remind me of my chilhood memories. they are some nice farms there.

farsuug iyo saytuun. :D these two were my fav.

thanks Libaax

Muhammad   

Originally posted by Shujui-1:

Those pics are quite old, i wonder can anyone tell me if theer enviroment and landsacpe have remain roughly intact??

I fear that the constant civil war and lawlessness could easly have effected such beautifull enviroments

Shujui

Alhamdulilah - there hasn't been any conflicts in these areas and they have luckly scaped the violence. there have been some insidents when some people burned down some trees for charcoal, but because of the hard work of some ngo's like hornrelief and sepado and others, these things have decreased. The most damage is probably done by the droughts. Insha'Allah when the monsoon comes, lets pray it brings blessed rains.

Paragon   

By conquest

Amazing. They remind me of my chilhood memories. they are some nice farms there. farsuug iyo saytuun. these two were my fav.

You can say that again son! :D I really yearn to plant my orchard in Calmadow soon insha-allaah, and sing among birds!

PS: Fatima Jibrell, the Goldman price recipient is due to visit us in London on 27th November.

Bachelor   

Libaax!

This is awesom landscape indeed. I thougth somalia was a "semiarid" dry season throughout most the year. Can you tell us where exactly is the location of this places?