Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Sheekh Xassen Turki's onslaught on the ONLF justified

^^^Ok adeer now you are losing the whole plot.

Your premise is you will attack the ONLF in the Juba's and weaken them, so you can help them later on to liberate the Somali region.

In your mind it is also justifiable to create local conflicts and tensions with the resulting loss of man power and material because in the end it will help. This is utter childish nonsense and as for the ONLF sympathizers supporting this action against their fighters and bases as you claim, can you get us anyone on SOL or otherwise or any statements in support from ONLF members and their supporters?

The only claim we have from the movement is a rejection they were involved?

Again a weak argument, but one expects it from you saxib.

Abtigiis   

I am not amused. Does it need all this twists to my statements to see the logic?

Just for your information, why do you think the ONLF is rightly rejecting the existence of its fighters in Somalia? I thought this is politics 101. But for you, if you could fathom this, I will give you a Doctoral degree. It will be a great acheivement for a misfit.

^^^Adeer the ONLF rejected they were involved in a fight and I dont think the Al Kebaab/Hassan Turki statement is true at all that they attacked an ONLF base. But say it was true how does it help anyone other than Hassan Turki grab more land and power?

Which in the end will be his and the fake religious movements greates undoing.

Anyhow we are waiting on proof that you have ONLF members and supporters who agree with their fighters in Somalia being attacked..

Come on now or did you just utter that nonsnece without thinking?

Juje   

Originally posted by THE HAKA:

I think the Sheekh is correct in ordering the attack on the forces that were assembling in lower jubba under the banner ONLF. Yes, they are fighting for the right cause, but it is obvious not attacking them (especially in view of the maleeshiyo beeleed nature they assumed there) would have compromised Alshabab's integrity and would have been used as a rallying cry for other clans too.

Two days before the attack, another clan from Barre Hiirale's clan (who were even sympathetic to the Alshabab's) were disarmed. It would have been a great injustice to allow one clan militia to operate and not the other.

Why attack in order to disarm them, where is the logic in that?

Furthermore to attack and dismantle a group or a clan, whatever in this case, who are actively fighting your enemies, the Ethiopians, doesn't that kind of benefits your enemies.

There is no logic in this issue regardless of which angle you look from. Shabaab got this wrong big time and it will certainly come back to haunt them.

The Zack   

I agree with Juje and G Duke, why attack and kill ONLF fighters when they are fighting and weakening your own enemy? Doesn't the common sense say " Your enemy's enemy is your friend"? The wadaado sometimes don't make any sense walee. Mr. AT&T, since when ONLF became a clan organization? There is a difference between any other clan militia and the ONLF. Are you saying just because the wadaado don't want to be seen as clanists they attacked and killed injured ONLF soldiers? Aggah, adeer kumaan fahmin walee!

Baashi   

Juje and Duke have a point there. AT&T is mixing apples with oranges here. You can't be for attacking ONLF vets recuparating and licking their wounds in what they thought was a safe haven and by the same token root for ONLF. There is a disconnect in that statement.

I can see why the new admin in the region would want to consolidate their control of the area and get rid of all armed groups. What I don't get is why would they resort coercion and surprise attacks where diplomacy and dialogue have a chance to work.

In any event, population in the area are happy with their new lords.

A&T sxb I have to disagree with you on that one.

there is no justification to attack the ONLF .. they are supposed to be brothers in arm.

this is a grave mistake and will cost them alot of support and goodwill.

Fabregas   

A&T, I don't think it is as simple as your making out to be.

Didn't ONLF attack Shababs in the Ethio region? as well as attacking the WSLF.?..another wadad armed organisation.........

Isn't this case more of a payback, as opposed to attacking veterans? :confused: like saying you can't come to Somalia if you attack Islamists in the OG region>?

please explain............this is your field......

^our people whether in Og.a.a.d.e.e.ni..y.a, NFD or waamo support ONLF against any group.

They believe UWSLF(Al-Itixaad) should not fight in O.g.a.a.de.e.n.i.a and leave the region.

If Shabaabs, Raaskombiniyiin and ONLF collide, we support ONLF 110%....no compromise there at all.

As we speak, Sh. H. Turki is sitting down with the elders and will have 2 choices:

A. Accept ONLF, the people, and the elders demands

B. Reject it and control them by force.

If the latter, ONLF will have no choice but to abandon their aspirations of using this area for now for it does not want to fight any somali group, not want to be part of Somalia's porblem, and will want to bring problems upon Waamo's people.

If I were Turki, I would go for option A and I am hopeful that he will do that as he is negotiating with the elders as we speak.

**Godane, Dulya-deyn,B.G., and yacquub have no say here other than consulting the good Sheikh.

A&T maanta waa lagu hayaa sxb ,, adigaa kolba dabin is gelinaya ee maxaan kugu sameeyaa.

If this is true ,,, it is a BAD BAD strategy of Al-Shabaab ,, as always.

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby:

A&T, I don't think it is as simple as your making out to be.

Didn't ONLF attack Shababs in the Ethio region? as well as attacking the WSLF.?..another wadad armed organisation.........

Isn't this case more of a payback, as opposed to attacking veterans? :confused: like saying you can't come to Somalia if you attack Islamists in the OG region>?

please explain............this is your field......

Bashi, this guy has got some of the essentials andyou better see it. I oppose the Wadaads operation in ******ia, because they are giving ONLF bad image with inappropriate abductions and etc. Likewise, the ONLF in Jubba must accept the terms of Turki and Alshabab's and should not use the support from the clan to disintegrate the Alshabab into a loose union of clan militias.

I can see where Bashi is coming from. He wants the wadaad's to be discredited. He has maintainted this outlook from the get-go.

Now to the Home boys : Zack and Abdilatif

Zack- the ONLF is a political organisation fighting for political objectibves. But it is very much clan based. Let us agree on that. Will that make it less likable or take away from the valour and integrity of the organisation or its mission? BIG no. But, I understand in Jubba, they were told that the wadaadas will not allow other armed groups operating in that area. As the overall rulers, they have the right to say so.

Abdilatif

I don't think any freedom-loving person will not support the ONLF; but that is not synonymous with supporting all of its actions and moves. I think the ONLF should settle their difference with the wadaadas for the common good. Because the wadaadas are inflexible, ONLF should take the lead in compromising. Agreeing to the terms of the wadaads in lower jubba would have been a good move.

I don't think it is healthy to expect that the O's are exempted from the rules of the Alshabab, just because ONLF is fighting the ethiopians as well. In principle, I support that all forces in Somalia must support the Alshabab's and adhere to its directions, at least for the short-run.

Bashi,

adigu waxaanad ogeyn ayaa jira. Diplomacy failed. Turki refused to the talks. But, does that mean the ONLF and the Beel should have fought back? I think not. Inay ka war wareegaan ayey aheyd.

The wadaadas are known to have the wrong priorties, but it is upto the others to avoid clash. Did you see where I am coming from?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by M.M.:

^
our people
whether in Og.a.a.d.e.e.ni..y.a, NFD or waamo support ONLF against any group.

They believe
UWSLF(Al-Itixaad) should not fight in O.g.a.a.de.e.n.i.a and leave the region.

If Shabaabs, Raaskombiniyiin and ONLF collide,
we support
ONLF 110%....no compromise there at all.

Might be all true, but you don't speak for the "people" and I have never heard of any polls/elections in the SOmali desert ;) .In other words: When did the people say they want wadado to leave? :D Wadado, are they not from that region too? Why should they leave the region?

^While I might not speak for all the 'people', am aware of the general feelings...and that's wadaads should not fight in O.g.a.d.e.nia and leave that to ONLF because we cannot have two armed groups in this region.

No,you cannot say all came from that region. Godane sent the last group of shabab kids who were expelled from the region when they clashed with the ONLF around Yoocaale awhile ago, is Godane from the Region?

If Godane wants a war with Ethiopia, let him start at their Hargeysa base.

As for Sh. I and his group, only after he settles his difference with the ONLF.

Abdilatif

I don't think any freedom-loving person will not support the ONLF; but that is not synonymous with supporting all of its actions and moves. I think the ONLF should settle their difference with the wadaadas for the common good. Because the wadaadas are inflexible, ONLF should take the lead in compromising. Agreeing to the terms of the wadaads in lower jubba would have been a good move.

I don't think it is healthy to expect that the O's are exempted from the rules of the Alshabab, just because ONLF is fighting the ethiopians as well. In principle, I support that all forces in Somalia must support the Alshabab's and adhere to its directions, at least for the short-run.

The O should not be exepted from the rule and I agree that ONLF should agree to the terms of the wadaads in Jubba but the problems isn't that ONLF does not want to do that but rather wadaads are inflexible and irrationals. They believe that ONLF is a snitch for the US and Ethiopia and should leave the region.

A&T, bal waan kuggu soo xireynaa B.G. iyo Dul-yadeyn e usheeg inay macagagiinyihiin. Miyaad kadhaacinkartaa inayna ONLF Ethiopia ushaqaynin gaalna ahayn?

War habeen dhawayd culimada reer Minneapolis iyo kuwa Raaskambooniyiinta kidaabadaa lasu soo urursadey dooduna waxay ahayd oo kali ah, ONLF waa murtadiin waayo waxay aaminsayihiin 'democracy'...ninkii democracy aaminaana waa murtadad.

ilax   

This conflict is ridiculous and the product of wrong political calculation. Why do they fight if their agenda is for freedom?

A&T, you making allot of political compromise here and there. Of which is not the right option in this ruthless political environment with disguised politicians. This clash is a sign of lack of political maturity for both factions, and this depicts the political leadership capacity of the warring factions.

Anyway, clan disease should be properly treated and using religion as common grounds for unity makes more sense but religion should not be used as a cover-up for hiding agenda.

Fabregas   
Originally posted by AbduLadiif:

[QB] ^While I might not speak for all the 'people', am aware of the general feelings...and that's wadaads should not fight in O.g.a.d.e.nia and leave that to ONLF because we cannot have two armed groups in this region.

No,you cannot say all came from that region. Godane sent the last group of shabab kids who were expelled from the region when they clashed with the ONLF around Yoocaale awhile ago, is Godane from the Region?

If Godane wants a war with Ethiopia, let him start at their Hargeysa base.

As for Sh. I and his group, only after he settles his difference with the ONLF.

Well wadad groups have been there for many years, and yes, jxsg are from the region. Why not allow them and allow ONLF? Does ONLF own the land or something? As for the comment about Hargeysa: many people from SL who claim to be from Hargeysa were actually were born or raised, or have family in the Somali Region. Thus, it is not a big deal; but, I can understand why ONLF would not want internationally wanted men operating on their turf. Though I still don't understand why the other homegrown Islamic groups are deemed unacceptable? Someone explain?