Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Sheekh Xassen Turki's onslaught on the ONLF justified

Abtigiis   

I think the Sheekh is correct in ordering the attack on the forces that were assembling in lower jubba under the banner ONLF. Yes, they are fighting for the right cause, but it is obvious not attacking them (especially in view of the maleeshiyo beeleed nature they assumed there) would have compromised Alshabab's integrity and would have been used as a rallying cry for other clans too.

Two days before the attack, another clan from Barre Hiirale's clan (who were even sympathetic to the Alshabab's) were disarmed. It would have been a great injustice to allow one clan militia to operate and not the other.

Praise be upon the Sheikh for this couragoous move.

P.S I have already talked to my ONLF guys about the issue and while they don't agree with me, they see my logic. At least I hope so.

^^^Adeer stop pretending to be what you are not.

Many people who were banned on SOLbefore come back here with new names and tactics. :D

lool. As for Xasan Turki he needs the clan more than they need him, its a good move but not the way you are reading it.

Abtigiis   

It is difficult for you to see the right in your rivals. I know that, but forget about what is in our hearts (for which none of us could vouch for) but let us look at what we say.

After I was banned, I came back with the same name. Will that surprise you?

And I am still A&T. That I am a fan of the All Blacks and their Haka and wanted to honour them this week, doesn't mean I will be coming back to haunt you. Incidentally, this week we are on the same side. I am almost about to forgive Yey as long as he maintains his current stance.

Abtigiis   

^By the way, the All Blacks are not a political party. It is the New Zealand Rugby team's name. How presumptous of me to think the General will know this. Apologees!

Liqaye   

I thought that the initial reports were false.

In this case if they are indeed truthful there would have been other ways of reaching the same conclusions as things stand at the moment although many have railed against the qabiil basis of the ONLF severely limiting its capabilities in western Somalia, the actions of Turki although acceptable in theory have in practice will cause considerable problems in the long run.

Let us read more on why you think it was a good move by Turki and Jabiso.

Abtigiis   

Disregarding General Duke's disbelif at what he thinks can not come out of me, I think the ONLF is correct to fight in Somaligalbeed under whatever tag and I am not one of those who buy the cheap excuse that the name is inhibiting others from fighting occupation there.

But, when it comes to the Lower Jubba, and I am sufficeintly informed to tell you the clash was not false; I think the Alshabab has taken control of the region, and should be consisent in disarming all groups seen as clan-based. Now,I know the ONLF is a policical organisation, and I know many of the people in the camp attacked were fighters who were wounded in previous fights in Somaligalbeed and were there to recover, but the ONLF should have talked to the Alshabab and should have agrred to live there under the approval of the islamists. You can not just allow a big force that is not taking orders from you, to exist under your nose.

General Duke,

Sidii rikoodh xumaaday hadaan meel lagu dhagin sidaada oo kale, ma been baa la sheegayaa.

^^^Adeer you can write what all you want, its just honesty is a great virtue to have it will have a posative impact on the message one wants to deliver.

Just keep that in mind..

Liqaye   

That sounds really foul A&T how can a camp of recuperating freedom fighters be attacked by a group who claim to be comrade in arms with the ONLF, if nothing that is terrible P.R.

Besides the al-shabaab have temporary control in the area and would have been better served in creating a joint operations structure with the ONLF in the lower jubba.

The war will be won in ethiopia as is so obvious.

Why create bad blood now?

Abtigiis   

You are repeating yourself over and over again. I don't give two hoots if you believe it or not. You can write LIER in bold if you wish. But that is what I feel about the incident, and I am not in the pedigree of prostituting my beliefs for the useless cheer of strangers in a forum.

That tells me you do things for the gallery and you think others do the same too.

DALI,

The context matters. That bad blood is already there in Somaligalbeed. Let us not think about the ideal situation that we all would have liked, but the situation as it is on the ground. There is mutual suspicion betweeen the two groups and I am not here to pass verdict on who is wrong here. I am talking about a particular incident.

Had the incident been in the other side of the border, I might have felt differently.

General Duke

Adiga meeshaad ka socoto waan garanayaa oo waxaa weeye just because you rationalise your guilt and tribal tendencies with the nonesense that everybody is supporting his clan, anything to the contrary will only make you feel bad about yourself. So go on and feed your bad-feelings with conjectures about others.

^^^Adeer no need to get upset, just be yourself and represent who you want. All this talk about being ONLF and being happy they are attacked is garbage and grown folks wont accept that from you adeer.

Again be yourself and dont hide behind another clan.

Liqaye   

^^^

Since I seem to be caught in a crossfire I would say A&T do not waste your time debating with some who would boil down your entire philosophy to clan.

This is the mire they wallow in and cannot stand it when principles and circumstances other than your geneological tree inform your opinions and views.

Abtigiis   

I am a supporter of ONLF and there is a distinction between being an ONLF and being a supporter, if that could ever get into your tiny cranium.

Second, I do not support them blindly. Gabbito? Just becuase you can't see your uncle's faults doesn't mean all humans can't see the wrongs in their next of kins?

Blame your upbringing in the countryside where they told you "fiqi tolkii kama jano tago".

Adeer, you are contradicting yourself now. You support the ONLF but agree they should be attcaked by other Somali groups who claim to be waging war on Ethiopia? :D

Yup that makes as much sense as the pretences you make.

Anyhow be honest son, it does not hurt.

Abtigiis   

I agree yes. For me, the end product of the two struggles matters and not who delivers. It is the weakening of Ethiopia and the final liberation. If Alshabab could win Somalia, it will be a reliable source of support for the ONLF in the long run.

If it is weakened, it will help traitors like your uncle,and ONLF will lose a support base.

So, when ONLF is not supporting its own case via miscalculations, I contradict it.

Surprisingly, many ONLF supporters are not dismayed by the contradictions you see here. B

But agains, I know fools have only one way. That Natnaeil was right in his "Professorial Folly", when he said, "for a fool, the door is either shut or open". He will not think about the windows.