Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

SOL members: Who supports attacks on delegates

The Shabab termed Sunday's meeting in Mogadishu a
Anyone who participates in it is sentenced to death
the group said in a posting on its Web site.

Now that the Clan Courts in Asmara have vowed to attack the civilian peace loving delegates from across Somalia in the capital Mgadishu. I ask everyone on SOL political section a simple question.

Do you support such attacks and why?

Please give a yes or no answer followed by a simple reason if any.

Duke

Nice thread, it will be a pleasure following it.

My answer is No, for the obvious reason that I dont see anything fruitful coming out from such actions (unless the objective of the assailants is to achieve a severe setback). Also, I havent noticed that these delegates are being used as human shelters by TFG/Ethio troops unlike the active unorthodox tactics of the so called insurgency groups, further clearing out any incentives that could be used by the Asmara Command Central for carrying out such attacks.

well, well

NO, NO, for many reasons.

what is the advantage of killing incent person?

Somali baa waxeey tiraahdaa AAn wada hadalo waa aan hishiino .

Mr. Duke I belive the only purpose for the peace loving delegates caming to the capital is to solve our issue. If we shoot them in the head. who will solve our circle problem in the future. :confused:

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

Nice thread, it will be a pleasure following it.

My answer is
No, for the obvious reason that I dont see anything fruitful coming out from such actions (unless the objective of the assailants is to achieve a severe setback). Also, I havent noticed that these delegates are being used as human shelters by TFG/Ethio troops unlike the active unorthodox tactics of the so called insurgency groups, further clearing out any incentives that could be used by the Asmara Command Central for carrying out such attacks.

The I.C.U threatened to attack delegates from Asmara? I read it was Alshabab milita in Muqdisho.......

i believe homie got it backwards! its tfg and their ethiopians that are killing the innocent ppl.

You cant have national reconcilation with gun pointed to your head. This aint gonna work. its alll sham and false acting. nobody is getting fooled here.

This meeting should have been held in neurtal country not in Mog.

no justice no peace.

Geel_Jire12

The so called insurgent groups in Mogadishu go by several names but their ultimately linked and heavily influenced by the ICU. Or are you telling me thats not the case at all?

Fabregas   

Yes but the I.C.U included a range of competing interests and factions. It was formed as a reactionary entity to the anti terror alliance. Due to ousting of the I.C.U from power,Now those factions will go out and form smaller groups who will launch small operations and report back to one Sheikh/Tribal leader or a local unknown commander as happens in Iraq. So the I.C.U people in Asmara may not have control of full control of what these groups do. Remember Sheik Turki saying that he would invade all Somali territory and others saying that they had no desire to do so. Thus I suspect Sheikh Shariff and other are probably against attacking delegates, but young hotheads such as Alshabab lead by Ceyrow would think of such ideas.

^^^Macalin Hashi who is part of the clan courts made the threats against the delegates.

Those assasinating the police officers, local government officials, retired former soldiers and cleaning ladies are the same ones making these threats.

Mr. Duke I belive the only purpose for the peace loving delegates caming to the capital is to solve our issue. If we shoot them in the head. who will solve our circle problem in the future

Well said.

GG, I agree 100%, these clowns in Asmara will be shown for what they are.

where u have opression, injustice and clan-cleansing....u will encounter resistance..!

i am really thankful to those few brave ones who stood against the evil invaders and their boyz of genocide...!

somali ppl will never forget and forgive these evil morans.

My apologiez for hijacking the thread

Geel_Jire12

To begin with, Im having a hard time following the statement of yours where you claim that the ICU was formed as a reactionary entity to the anti-terror alliance; to my knowledge the ICU was born earlier than the counter-terrorism force was invented?

Secondly, your perception of the current hit-and-run attacks carried out in Mogadishu, as being modeled after the Iraqi insurgency practices, is for the most part flawed. There is of course an obvious relation between the Iraqi and Somali one, but it doesnt stretch farther than being what could be closely described as a limited visual emulation.

The well-oiled insurgency machinery leveraging the simplistic organizational chart that you've presented here with smaller groups reporting to one Sheikh and so forth, not only seem incompatible with the realities on the ground but also contradict your very own progress reports posted here on SOL.

For instance, the mere existence of these smaller Islamic groups you mentioned, operating in the country and reporting back to one Sheikh/Tribal leader, is an idea you've already been adressing as being quite insignificant in another thread by stating:

We already see that some Somalis in Muqdisho are fighting under clan name not for Somalia, Islam or another noble cause

You elaborated on this quoted statement of yours in another post, further diluting the importance of the 'Sheik Commanders' by saying:

The power of politics in Somali lies with
Clan elders not former parliamentarians or wadaads

Hence my confusion on the brief presentation you layed out in this in which you invigorate and perpetuate an organizational structure with a mode of operation of which you've previously deducted and critiziced as ineffective and also non-existent.

I could accept if you modified your post and applied it strictly to clan/tribal opposition groups as it would make your reasoning more coherent and also generally make more sense but Im guessing that a romanticized illusion of Somali mujahideens is messing things up for you.

Well the saying goes: 'As you make your bed so you must lie' so I'll wrap up my disgression from the thread title by letting you clear the muddled and contradictory statements and arguments of which you have beget.