Sign in to follow this  
Bokero

Are Somali’s genetically backward

Cara.   

People. This is a nice tirade filled with moral outrage. Just because you tired cynics have bludgeoned the fervent idealists in you to death long ago doesn't mean you attack young Bokero's simplistic yet sincere views.

Bokero, kudos for noticing. Yeah, we're genetically backward. I scraped some cells from the inside of my cheek and ran a quick test. Turns out our DNA is topsy-turvy :(

Normal human start codons (found at the beginning of genes): 5'-ATG-3'

Somali start codon: 5'-GTA-3'.

Is it a coincidence that GTA is the abbreviation for a heinous criminal activity (not to mention a terrible video game)? I think not. I suspect some who are even more afflicted than I will be found to have not only backward, but upside down DNA! I think SOLers should all submit samples.

Bokero   

Ngongo...

Attacking ideas are not personal attacks... personal attacks r questioning ones somaliness as way of disarming the individual...

By the way i dont have to qualify my assertion, the truth of matter is that most somalis either directly or indirectly have played a role in our current quagmire..

and am not digging any hole dear the somalis have done effectivily by themselves they cannot go deeper...

i am not too proud to apologies but please do let me know, why?

By the way do u ask the killers and ethnic fascists to do the same? Just curios

Xoogade

Please read east African history and u will know about Bokero... am at work at the moment don’t have the time to explain...

Nomadic princess

Thanks for the kind words sister…

Bokero

Bokero   

Cara

Thanks for the sarcasism! I have also noticed the word “young” and “naïve” used to disarm the me!!!

A person who counters arguments with insults just exposes their character.. someone said that but I cant remember cos I am too young!!

Kudos for well thought contribution

Xoogsade   

Bokero, Altavista generated sources for the "Bokero" word and I quickly leafed through the first best option according to the headline. At the bottom is says "Kinjikitile "Bokero" Ngwale is surprisingly revered as a hero today by the people of Tanzania, even by the warlike Ngonis."

As a result of the so-called Scramble for Africa among the major European powers in the 1880s, Germany had ended up with several colonies on the "Dark Continent". These were German East Africa (currently Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, and part of Mozambique), German Southwest Africa (present-day Namibia), Cameroon, and Togoland (today split between Ghana and Togo).

I am curious about your emotional connection to that movement? Were you born in Tanzania? Or just you love East African history although The only country mentioned in Tanzania.

PS: If you get upset real quick, you won't survive here too long.

Cara.   

Bokero, my apologies. I didn't mean to put you down, I was just being silly.

I'm curious about this Bokero character too. There's a page on Wikipedia, but only the Deutch language one. The English Wiki only refers to him in a page on the Majimaji Rebellion, which does seem to have gone very well for all involved.

Continued blind support of kinship ties regardless of what the warlords or islamist do..

• Ethnic secessionism (Somaliland case) and the counter ethnic arguments again session with the aim of dominating the north-east…

• Murder of minorities ( e.g the bombing of Hargesa, and genocide agains Bantus and barava etc) by warlords supported by many here…

• The invitation of foreign power to further ethinic gains…

• The celebration of the killing of fellow Somalis!!!

• The bankruptcy of ideas from the diaspora etc etc

Well, You would have to have lived among Somalis or studied them to come with such allegations. In anycase, Ethnic Somalis reside accross the horn of Africa. Ethiopia, Northern & Southern Somalia, Jabuti & Northern Kenya. Bwana Bokero, in your bulleted points; you mentioned only southern Somalia as a case. Now, as a reader, should I assume that these other regions are safe from the examples[of parochial issues]? If not, then what kind of issues do the citizens of these other regions dwell on then?

Were you chewing Miraa when you came up with this? :confused: LOL

Blacks are genetically prone to laziness. White males are predisposed to serial killing. And dam Puerto Ricans are just all thieves. Pls don't ask me to qualify these assertions.

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Blacks are genetically prone to laziness. White males are predisposed to serial killing. And dam Puerto Ricans are just all thieves. Pls don't ask me to qualify these assertions.

Oh come on Che,Bokero will use you as an Alibi now,We had the newbie cornered[Like Duke],See camal?? smile.gif

Bokero,

It's actually very tempting to say Somalis are genetically amiss to explain their current plight. Unfortunately reason and facts don't lend any support to such view. Highlighting shortcomings is fun sometimes but it doesn't help you understand much. It's understanding the foibles and quirks of a people, among other things, that lies at the heart of finding helpful solutions to remedy problems besetting them. I don't know about you and others but I'm more interested in knowing why and how things are the way they are than notice they exist.

You're spot on with one thing about improvidence and Somali. Plenty of explanations are abound, the most compelling being our way of life. We're roaming nomads where the future is out of our hands. We can't summon rain or avert dry spells or manage prolonged scourging droughts. When our animals no longer have green pastures to graze, we move to where our herds can graze. Centuries of this sort of living leaves it's mark. But it's not genetically based, it's learned. We observed our environment, pondered challenges facing us, considering our options and acted accordingly. There's no reason to think why we can't act accordingly now that we have different litany challenges facing us.

About who is ethnic Somali is mute point. Genes, language and culture determine who is ethnic Somali.

Although I can’t, for the moment, agree with this author, the central theme of his post, I must admit, warrants a debate. Why are we so immersed in this clannish thing for a decade or so now? Why are we so prone to external manipulation? What’s so unique about our conflict to have continued endlessly for sixteen odd years with no hope in sight? What is it that makes the Somali character, in its holistic make, uninspiring?

I need some answers yaa Jamaacah!

Jaylaani   

Are the Somali’s genetically backward?

Not all Somalis but those who are dwelling on the concept of Somaliweyn for thier own personal gain are really backwards.

NASSIR   

No we are not brother, unfortunatly we found ourselves and our country in this predicament, but if we self-reflect the predicament we are in ,we can make a difference and in the words our late prof. Ali Jimali, a daybreak is near.

You can read this info to further expand your reasoning and final conclusion. Link

Chimera   

Originally posted by Bokero:

why r we the only people in Africa that have had the most prolonged failed state with no end to it? Before we blame the Ethiopian and the rest of the world I urge that we look at our own society, why do we produce abundant haters, intolerantance, difficult, medieval thinkers, parasites, killers, and financers of killers, professional refugees, etc? Before we attack the messenger people take a moment for self-reflection!

you should reflect on this..

- People who survived on their own for the last 15 years without foreign aid

- 5 airlines competing up from 1 before the civil war

1 one of them nominated as a african success story

-17+ universities up from 1 before the civil war

-1172 primary schools up from 600 before the civil war (and then you have duqsi's aswell)

-45 hospitals and increasing

- advanced telecommunication network nr1 in Africa

-a steady Livestock and fish trade

- a relative construction boom

- aids rate below 1 percent

-foreign investment from patriotic expats flowing in

- a currency wich is more stable than it's neighbouring countries

- citizens who have created their own enterprises in the countries they reside and have began dominating

I rather have no government than a new Mugabe or any of these other corrupt african leaders

while you focus on the scum of our society i rather focus on the real people who have worked hard in the last decade and there achievements are there for everybody to see

Chinese killed 30 million of their own people during their civil war

Europeans killed eachother in the tens of millions

Vietnames invited foreigners and killed millions of their own people in their civil war

are they genetically backwards??

Somalis are nowhere near those numbers so i think you should take your little study elsewhere instead of putting this generalised unexplained tag on Somali people