Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

OUR BREAKING NEWS: The war

Nomads, this is our breaking news thread. Who cares about CNN or FOX. Post alternative news, rumors or the "truth" for that matter before these American networks. If you find news from other reliable sources, post it here for the nomads. If you read interesting news written in other languages, please translate the main points for us and post it here. Let us be informed. The Americans will never tell us any of their casualties, losses, defeats or mishaps. The pentagon briefings are a pure joke. It is always a deceptive entertainment show.

--------------------------------------------

US, UK special forces in firefight - report

March 19 2003 at 11:49PM

London - [sapa-AFP] British and US special forces were involved in a fierce firefight near Iraq's main port of Umm Qasr in southern Iraq, a British evening newspaper said on Wednesday.

The fighting, the first reported in the war against Iraq, was believed to involve elite troops from Britain's Special Boat Service (SBS) and United States marines, the Evening Standard said, without specifying its sources.

The fighting, near the southern Iraqi city of Basra, was part of operations to prepare landing sites for amphibious craft during an invasion, the paper said.

Other special units were deep inside Iraq on secret operations to prepare landing strips in the desert for airborne troops, the Evening Standard added.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=123&art_id=qw1048106341207B262&set_id=1

JIDAAWY   

Brother Libaax there is no aspect of living in the US that angers me more relentlessly and insidiously than the way we're alternately portrayed by the U.S. based mass media. The media's distortions of Islam and muslims have been decried far too often to bear repeating here. In a nutshell, they center around lying to their people about whatever happens in this world..

Anyways.. only few minutes are parting us from a possible war that may take many innocent muslim lives.. I hope it don’t happen, and hope victory for our muslim brothers and sisters everywhere…

Libaax, walaahi I wanted to post this very same topic when I logged in few minutes ago.. you beat me to it man.. ;) good going brother..

It is 9:00 pm in Minnesota.

The war has began ...

WASHINGTON (AFP) The United States has launched war against Iraq and President George W. Bush will make public remarks at 10:15 p.m. (0315 GMT), the White House announced Wednesday.

"The opening stages of the disarmament of the Iraqi regime have begun," spokesman Ari Fleischer said as anti-aircraft fire and air sirens were heard in Baghdad.

http://www.afp.fr/english/home/

Not sure if many of you are aware, but the rumour going around is that every news reporter has fled the country and that CNN itself is on the run...and this article is proof....

AFTER READING THE ARTICLE, ASK YOURSELVES THIS QUESTION...

HOW DOES CNN EXPECT IT'S VIEWERS TO TRUST THEM INTO BRINGING THE NEWS WHEN THEIR ONLY SOURCE OUT IN THE BATTLE IS ON THE RUN LIKE A FUGITIVE???

"CBS Pulls Out of Iraq, CNN Transmits in Secret"

By Steve Gorman

"LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - CBS pulled its news team out of Iraq early Wednesday for safety reasons, leaving CNN as the only American television network with its own team in Baghdad.

CNN's team has moved out of Iraq's Ministry of Information building and began transmitting on Wednesday from a secret location in Baghdad, network spokeswoman Megan Mahoney told Reuters.

"We've left the Ministry of Information. We left due to safety concerns," she said.

Two of CNN's four-person team, correspondent Nic Robertson and producer Ingrid Formanek, were in Baghdad for CNN at the beginning of the 1991 Gulf War, she added."

"STEADY STREAM OF DEPARTING JOURNALISTS"

Kool_Kat   

I am watching CNN, and it looks like Nic Robertson is still in Baghdad, and is the only reporter there...

My prayers are with those Iraqi civiliants...Allaha u fududeeyo kuligood...

Link   

I'm so frustrated.....

I can't seem to gather my words, i'm just so frustrated. Grrrrrrr

Well now that the air raids have started we can only pray that Allah shower his peace and blessings upon each and everyone of our brothers and sisters in Iraq.

Confused and Frustrated One

JIDAAWY   

Allaah said in his holly book..

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

{ وَلَنْ تَرْضَى عَنْكَ الْيَهُودُ وَلَا النَّصَارَى حَتَّى تَتَّبِعَ مِلَّتَهُمْ قُلْ إِنَّ هُدَى اللَّهِ هُوَ الْهُدَى وَلَئِنِ اتَّبَعْتَ أَهْوَاءَهُمْ بَعْدَ الَّذِي جَاءَكَ مِنَ الْعِلْمِ مَا لَكَ مِنَ اللَّهِ مِنْ وَلِيٍّ وَلَا نَصِيرٍ }

This is what the Christians and Yahood want us to do....

1882948742.jpg

1047825503.3288481866.jpg

لا حول و لا قوة الا بالله العظيم

اللهم انصر اخواننا المسلمين في العراق

Haashim   

We will accept no outcome but victory

this is what George Bush said

and ALLAH SWT said:

Saw you (Muhammad SAW)not how your lord dealt with Ad(people).

Of iram (who were very tall) like (lofty) pillars.

The like of which were not created in the land?

And (with) Thamud (people), who hewed out rocks in the valley (to make dwellings)?

And (with) Fir'aun (pharaoh) who had the stakes (to torture men by binding them to the stakes)?

Who did transgresss beyond bounds in the lands (in disobedience of ALLAH)

And made therein much mischief

So your Lord poured on them different kinds of severe torment

VERILY, YOUR LORD IS EVER WATCHFUL (OVER THEM)

Surat AL-FAJR (6-14)

Ariadne   

Scary! :(

I knew the whole U.N time delay on inspections would not work.... why?

U.N has no teeth (all bark and no bite).

Its scary that the president of the super power of the world right now is a trigger happy (or rather missile happy) redneck. I just hope this war is a humiliation for the Americans (like Vietnam) and my prayers go out to Iraqis (the innocent civilians) :(

Nothing makes me more angry than this walaahi :mad: ......Im at school and we are going to go to town to demonstrate in about two hours.It´s better than doing nothing...

3zma1L   

Bush did not wage a full scale war against Saddam Hussein WHY? I think, He wants to see how the World reacts.. N so far, he did not hear harsh reactions from World leader.. and that was a very good START for him.

SoMa_InC   

The only thing we can is 2 pray 4 em n inshallah may the Almighty Allah bless all Iraqi Muslim bruvs n sistas...may the rath of Allah b on the infidels aka bush n blair..Inshallah may they rot in hell..amin

peace