Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Sam-Sam Ahmed gets 5 years...Now what will you say??

Maxkamada Hargeysa oo markii ugu horerysey burisey hadalkii taliyaha Booliska Somaliland ee ahaa in Samsam ay tahay qof da'weyn.

Waxaa maanta (15/12/2004) ay maxkamada Hargeysa markii ugu horeysey burisey hadalkii taliyahay ciidanka "Booliska Somaliland", Maxamed Cige Cilmi, ee ahaa "Horta gabadhu Carruur ma ahan, waa naag xaas ah oo nin leh oo 20-jir iyo siyaado ah", hadalkaas oo taliyihu yiri markey taariikhdu ahayd Oct 22, 2004. Maxkamadu waxa ay cadaysay in Samsam Axmed Ducaale da'deedu tahay "17-jir". [Xaqiiqo ahaan Samsam waxay dhalatay 14 August 1988].....Her date of birth is 14 of August 1988..How old was she wehn she was arrested???????

Laakiin waxaa Samsam lagu xukumay shan sano oo xabsi ah, taas oo lagu soo oogey labo kiis oo kala ah: in ay been ka sheegtay haybteeda, iyo in ay basaasada ahayd, waxayna intaas ku dareen in dhaqaatiirtii maamulkaasi ay sheegeen "in aan la kufsanin!!!!!". Waxaase si xaqiiqo ah loo ogyahay in 25kii November 2004 ay Raaqiya Oomaar shaaca ka qaaday in "Samsam ay sheegtay in ay kufsadeen Lix-nin oo ah Ciidanka nabad Sugidda Hargeysa ee loo yaqaan 'CID'". Arintaan ay Samsam afkeeda ka sheegtay waxay maxmamadii Hargeysa ee maanta ka dhigtay wax kama jiraan, ayan masaxdey doodaas kufsiga. Taas oo maxkamadaasi ay sheegtay "in aysan kufsi kula kicin booliska iyo hay'adaha dembi baarista".

Waxaa kale oo maxkamada Hargeysa sheegtay in dembiga basaasnimadu uu yahay in lagu xakumi lahaa 10 sano, laakiin in taas looga dhigay shan sano, arintaas oo maxkamadu sabab uga dhigtay in "Samsam da'deedu yartahay, oo ay tahay 17-jir". Arintaas oo toos uga hor imaneysa sheegashadii hore ee maamulka Hargeysa oo ahaa in gabadhani ay tahay qof da'weyn.

C/raxmaan Jaamac Hayaan oo ah guddoomiyaha maxkamada Hargeysa ayaa maxkamadaas ka sheegay in dembiyaas lagu soo oogey gabadha yar. Waxana uu sheegay in hal-sano loogu xukumay "been ka sheega haybteeda", afar sanona loogu xukumay "basaasnimada". Waxaana isla maxkamadaasi sheegtay in la siidaayey wadihii gaariga Samsam geeyey guriga madaxweyne ku xigeenka, taas oo la sheegay in lagu waayey "dembigii" lagu soo eedeeyey.

Qareemada u doodaya Samsam, ee xabsiga hore ugu mutaystay darteed, ayaa sheegay in ay rafcaan ka qaadanayaan xukunkaas aan loo meel deyin ee dusha looga tuuray Samsam, agoonta da'da yar. Dhanka kale warar aan ka helay ilo wargal ah oo jooga Hargeysa ayaa sheegaya in ay dhici karto in Daahir Riyaale uu "cafiyo" Samsam.

WAANO AAN U SOO JEEDINAYO HOOYADA SOOMAALIYEED EE ADNA AADAN ISMAACIIL

Qore: Siraad Aadan Cabdalla | Nov 5, 2003

Wararka kale ee ka imanaya Hargeysa ayaa sheegaya in arinta Samsam ay noqotay dhacdada loogu hadal haynta badan yahay, maamulka hargeysana ay ku adkaatay maaraynteedu. Waxaa kale oo jira warar sheegaya in Axadii dhoweyd ee 12/12/2004 in gaari uu leeyahay madaxweyne kuxigeenka Somaliland uu xabsiga dhexe ee Hargeysa geeyey Edna Aadan Ismaaciil oo ah wasiiradda arrimaha dibadda 'Somaliland', waxaana la sheegay in ay xabsiga gudihiisa joogtey saacado badan xabsigaas oo ay ku xiran tahay Samsam Axmed Ducaale, taas oo weliba la sheegay in ay Edna aragtay Samsam. Waxaana la sheegay in toddobaadkii hore ay shirkii golaha Wasiirrada 'Somaliland' ay Edna kaga hadashay arrinta Samsam.

SAMSAMEEY INA HOOYO SALAAN SARE IGA GUDOON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samsam Axmed Ducaale oo ku dhalatay Dhahar, Soomaaliya, markey taariikhdu ahayd 14kii August 1988, waxay ahayd ardayad dhigan jirtey Dugsiga Sare ee Imaamu Nawawi, Boosaaso, kahor intii aanay u safrin hargeysa oo uu joogo nin Abtigeed ah, halkaasna Samsam lagu xiray 15kii August 2004, lagana xiray Guriga Fooxle Axmed Yuusuf Yaasiin, madaxweyne ku xigeenka "somaliland" gurigaas oo ay si khalad ah ku tagtay, laakiin markii uu "madaxweyne xigenku" arkay gabar xijaaban oo gurigiisa timid uu argagaxay. Waxana uu markiiba ku eedeeyey Basaasnimo iyo shirqool asaga lala maaganaa, waxana uu u gacan geliyey askar kuwaas oo kula kacay: Kufsi, jir-dil, ciqaab maskaxeed, khasab ku haysasho, kujirid xabsi dad-waaweyn, weydiin su'aalo ka tan-weyn, daryeel la'aan, iwm.... Waxaana Samsam lala xiray dareewalkii guriga keenay, Cumar Jaamac Warsame, waxana Cumar lasoo daayey maanta (15/12/2004). Waxa kale oo 24kii November, 2004, la xiray Qareemnadii u doodayey Samsam, waxaase markii dambe qareenada lasoo daayey 11kii Decemeber 2004.

Samsam arinteedu waxay noqotay mid caalami ah ay had iyo jeer hadal hayaan Soomaalida joogtaa qurbaha iyo gudaha Soomaaliya, waana tusaalaha caddaalad darrada ka jirta dhulka Soomaalidu degto ee ku yaal cirifka geeska Afrika.

Fyr   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

she was denied representation

The judge offered Samsam a choice, she could either represent herself or the trial could be postponed while she sought out a new lawyer, but she chose not to seek a new legal representation.

Originally posted by SmithNwestern:

Fyrkanta, I think SamSam is objecting to being kept in prison for no reason..

she admited in court she is 18? did she also admit she was a spy, that she deserved to be raped and kept in prison for 5 months, did her lawyers deserve to be sent to jail?

The fact is the girl is being treated this way because she got abused outside the ***** vice presidents house.

Here is some other Somaliland reaction to this story....

Smith I am definitely sure she objects being kept in prison for what ever reason.

Like I said before Smith, only Allah knows what really happened to this girl.

I am still waiting for your justification for posting this poor girls picture on a public forum Smith.

You see Smith back were you and I live we need certain permissions to post someone’s picture on the net, you know like their consent perhaps? Do you think she is some kind of public figure or something, and that gives you the right to post her picture on a public forum huh? The article wouldn’t be less interesting if you hadn’t posted her face along with it. You see Smith, that’s why I doubt your intentions when you pull something like this again and again

Fyr Kanten, you're speaking as if Sland is like a European country. Where on earth would she seek representation? What? A Quick call to Bosaso? I bet Ernst & Young have a large presence there eyh? But wait a dear moment. She's not even an adult, she's just a young teenage girl who just got abused and intimdated. Don't you think your mouth is full of cow's dung with your amateurish camel milk design.

I swear. One word of anybody about her being an adult and deserving what she got and I cannot guarantee to contain myself.

As for Smith, I too resent her picture posted on the net for all to see. If I was her, the last thing I wanted was after this awful period [understatement] in Hargeisa to live with this shame throughout the rest of my life because my face is out in public. Even though I'm fully aware that you don't mean any harm by it. But still....

Now the only hope for Samsam Du'aleh to be released immedeately is by the amnesty grant from the Sland president's office. That would be Riyale Kahin, the former dreadful NSS chief in Berbera. Now what can one expect from a nabadsugid spending his days in General Morgan's old villa? Especially if he is the puppet of a more evil and rotten clique that some here seem to represent in SOL.

bilan   

what difference does her age make, whether she is 16 or 46, it is barbaric to rape anyone. this has nothing to do with clan or anything, and entire region should not be blamed what sick individuals did. i do not think it is wise her pictures to be posted. i do not think though she should be ashamed, the shame belongs the ones who abused her, she did not ask for it.

The picture of SamSam was posted on Somalitalk.com, by the request of her family who were pressured by people such as Fyrkante to prove that such a person even existed.

i do not think though she should be ashamed, the shame belongs the ones who abused her, she did not ask for it

The pictures and her birth certificate highlight clearly to everyone who has eyes that there is a SamSam Ahmed. That hse is a child, that she cannot possibly be a spy..

I remmeber when I first posted the news, many said "Its all lies" now the issue is about her picture?? Come on give me a break...

This girl must be released and those who held her in prison must face justice...

Dhib kastoo Gaadha Samsam A. Ducaale waa mid lagala xisaabtami doono Daahir Riyaale iyo Ku-xigeenkiisa Ahmed Yuusuf Yaasiin...

The blame for the crimes commited against the poor girl is with Dahir Riyaale and his dputy Ahmed Yasin......

1075A.Yasin.JPG

1076Daahir.JPG

Qudhac   

smith

your hypocracy and shameless prostituting of this individual is shamefull, somaliland is not the cowboy state like that of somalia am sorry you folks constantly faill to harm somaliland with their cheap attemts, its simple commit a crime againt the state of somaliland and you get your just desserts, i remember the same reaction was forthcoming from the likes of you when those terrorist that killed those foreiners were captured or when the rebels of onlf attemted to move large weapons through somaliland and were sentensed you my friend was beating the same drum and weaping for every criminal that somaliland stops at their tracks. so when the likes of you are not happy and have their "baroor" in full swing then somaliland,s authority and judiciary are doing its job.

us somalilanders dont really give shid about what "others" think of how we run our affairs the security of our state comes first.

LANDER   

In recent times there have been intruders in Somaliland as in the murder of the two elderly couple, and subsequently the apprehended men by the Somaliland Police where admittedly dressed as women with jalbaabs and I can understand the apprehension shown to outsiders who give conflicting stories specially those from Bosasso. That being said, this situation is a farce. Where is the evidence against this young girl? What happened to the trial? With the world watching Riiyaalee has managed to drag the entire country through the mud. If you ask me this little 5 yr stunt is only serving as a ploy for Riiyaalee to give the girl presidential pardon. One way or another she will be freed, because no evidence has been brought against her nor did she receive anything close to a proper trial.

Gabbal   

usuall cry from the spineless wet bunch known as "human rights organisation" who never come up with an alternatives to dealing with suspected criminals.

How daciif we're proving to be :eek:

Sxb I guess they weren't a "spineless wet bunch", when those same "human rights organizations" were the only ones speaking out about the genocide happening in the north in the 80's right :confused:

"Somaliland" hs no respect for human rights as in the Somalia of yesterday.

"Somaliland" has a dictator with a brutal history of killing Somalis in charge just like the Somalia of yesterday.

"Somaliland" has sadistic personalities who would even rape and torure an underage teenage girl because of her clan in their midst, while that isn't even the case in the rest of Somalia.

Basically "Somaliland" is just like any other region with all its diffuculties and problems in Somalia. The only problem is that "Somaliland" is clan-wise homogenous.

Qudhac   

Sxb I guess they weren't a "spineless wet bunch", when those same "human rights organizations" were the only ones speaking out about the genocide happening in the north in the 80's right.

hahahahahahahahahaha what a laughable and weak suggestion when did any tree huging hippies ever do anything for the people of somaliland dont make me laugh, it was the population who picked up a gun and burried somalia's facist dictator not some human rights wet bunch.

anyway lets be honest you dont give damn about this indivduall just be man enough to have go at somaliland on your own accord, or have all our enemies become weak mercants like those terrorist who wore DIRIC :D:D

It's a disgrace how Slanders are always quick to point fingers at Pland when things get tough. When the development workers were killed in Sland, the perpetrators were all from Sland itself, Mogadishu and one from the disputed Sool region. It has been proven that the operation was supervised from Mogadishu.

Yet Planders are blamed for the malaise in Sland. Planders are ought by Slanders to be the only group capable of resorting to such horrendous acts. I assure you, and note that for the large breasted minister of foreign affairs of Sland Edna as well, that all the poking by Sland on Pland only gives Pland a reason wich did not exist before to strike at Sland with a vengeance.

I'm sorry for being so blunt, but some people have the audacity to favour known criminals over a innocent Somali girl.

Bokero   

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL

Public Statement

AI Index: AFR 52/005/2004 (Public)

News Service No: 323

17 December 2004

Somaliland: 16-year-old girl jailed in grossly unfair espionage trial should be released or re-tried

Zamzam Ahmed Dualeh, sentenced to five years’ imprisonment on 15 December 2004, with the main charge being "procuring information regarding the security of the state", should be released immediately - or a re-trial, under conditions meeting international standards of fair trial, should take place as soon as possible.

Zamzam Ahmed Dualeh, aged 16, was arrested on 15 August at the Vice-President’s house and has been on trial since 4 October with several adjournments. She was alleged to be obtaining secret information about the Vice-President’s house on her visit to Hargeisa from Puntland, which is almost at war with Somaliland over disputed border regions. She denied the charge before the regional court in Hargeisa, the capital of Somaliland.

She was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment on the main charge and an additional one year’s imprisonment for making a false statement to police about her identity, making a total of five years’ imprisonment. An appeal is being submitted. Her co-defendant, Omar Jama Warsame, a taxi-driver who was arrested and charged with her, was acquitted.

Zamzam Ahmed Dualeh was left to represent herself at both the start and the end of her trial. Local human rights defenders arranged for four lawyers to defend her but after they asked the judge to withdraw from the case as a result of alleged bias, the judge jailed all four defence lawyers for four years for "insulting the judge". They were freed on appeal on 11 December, when their sentences were reduced to one year’s imprisonment or a fine, which they paid.

During her trial, she complained that she had been raped and tortured by police. She denied prosecution allegations that she was involved in a conspiracy with a clandestine Islamist "terrorist" group from the neighbouring Puntland Regional State of Somalia.

Unfair trial

Amnesty International considers that her trial was grossly unfair and produced no evidence to substantiate the serious charge of espionage affecting the security of the state. The judge summarily dismissed her allegations that she had been raped by six police officers from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) officers and tortured.

She was tried as an adult, even though her identity card specifies her age as 16 years, thus a child under the internationally-recognized limit of 18 years. The court claims she is 17. The judge reportedly said that the maximum sentence of ten years’ imprisonment was reduced on account of her age. After the first weeks of being held incommunicado in police custody, she has been detained in Hargeisa Central Prison (a prison for adults), where she is allowed visits.

Two reports and testimony by government doctors, said to have assessed Zamzam Ahmed Dualeh’s rape allegations, were provided to the court but not made available to defence counsel. She was reportedly pressured by various government officials and others visiting her in prison to withdraw her rape and torture allegations, on promise of release, which she refused to do. In court, she identified one of the alleged police rapists, a senior Criminal Investigation Department officer, who was giving evidence for the prosecution and claimed she had "confessed" to the alleged conspiracy.

No reply from the government

Amnesty International has received no reply to its letter to the Minister of Justice asking for urgent action on concerns about Zamzam Ahmed Dualeh’s rights as a child, the judge’s failure to institute formal investigations into the rape and torture allegations, and several fair trial issues, including the imprisonment of her defence lawyers.

In order to uphold the principles of child rights protection, and also to ensure that she has all necessary medical treatment, Amnesty International on 30 November, publicly requested that Zamzam Ahmed Dualeh be provisionally released, rather than detained in an adult prison for a prolonged and indefinite period.

Amnesty International requested that a fully independent and impartial inquiry be established during the trial into the rape allegations, in particular, including one or more medical professionals experienced in rape investigations, bringing in international expertise as needed. It requested that, in accordance with international standards, the findings of the inquiry be provided to the court, including defence counsel; and, if the allegations were substantiated, those alleged to be responsible for this serious crime be tried in accordance with procedures which meet international standards of fair trial, and Zamzam Ahmed Dualeh adequately compensated.

Amnesty International also expressed concerns about the failure of the court to respect international standards of fair trial, particularly the non-admissibility of statements obtained as a result of torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment; the right to legal defence representation; the right of lawyers to perform all of their professional functions without intimidation, hindrance, harassment or improper interference; and the right to trial by a competent and impartial court.

For more information, or photo of Zamzam Ahmed Dualeh, please call Amnesty International's press office in London, UK, on +44 20 7413 5566.

Amnesty International, 1 Easton St., London WC1X 0DW. web: http://www.amnesty.org

For latest human rights news view http://news.amnesty.org