Sign in to follow this  
Dhimbil

A Greater Threat?

Dhimbil   

"Taken from ABC_Nightline"

"North Korea has acknowledged it has a nuclear weapons program. This complicates everything. The administration has indicated it wants to try to resolve this peacefully, and is consulting with other nations in the region. At the same time, the United States is heading for war with Iraq because it thinks Baghdad may develop nuclear weapons in the near future".

Your thoughts on this news?

well my thoughts on this really comes in two parts saxib.

I would think most nomads when they start replyin to this post would say its a good thing that they do possess or on the way to possing nuclear capabilities.

I would agree in the sense that it gives it that extra political dimensoon to disagree ideologicaly with america and the west and hence put of a gradutal dominitation of their very existence polticaly, economically and so forth.

However it does mean that yet another country has a nuclear weapon, and thus it increases even more the risk of the eventuality of some event like so happing in the future.

however my final (and hopefully smile.gif ) anmbigous opnion is that its a good thing. Isreal has nuclear Capabilities why isnt it being chalanged, so to does India and Pakistan why werent they stoped. America and britian do so who are they especialy america and britian to say on the one hand the reserve the right to use , and have used them (hiroshima, Nagasaki)such weapon of mass destructions (WMD) will preaching that those countries, regimes who seek them are 'evil, threat to 'civiliastion'.

It is all a smoke screen developed with startegic prosition to enable a continum of the currnet status Quo, i.e. Western Imperilism

nuune   

America thinks that they are the police of the world,so if they are,we are waiting them of how they will handle North Korea.

who knows if Bahgdad has nuclear weapon,even Bush said he hasn't a clue.

Thunder   

Originally posted by Shujui-1:

I would agree in the sense that it gives it that extra political dimensoon to disagree ideologicaly with america and the west and hence put of a gradutal dominitation of their very existence polticaly, economically and so forth.

It is all a smoke screen developed with startegic prosition to enable a continum of the currnet status Quo, i.e. Western Imperilism

India's and Pakistan's "nuclear weapons" are nothing when compared what the US has. US can destroy this planet ten times. So why can't the rest of the world can have what these Western countries have??

raula   

shujui said it all...although I would add 1 more thing..have u eva heard of the phrase "history repeats itself"....this is just a modified/reformed colonization but in terms of IMPERIALISM...

Dhimbil   

shujui .

good point sxb,

but personaly, they are both evil meaning U.S gov and North Korea however i rather see the lesser evil have more power than the other which in this case, i prefer the U.S to have it if anybody is going to. i am just not confortable with every country having WMD.

peace

I dont no about that illmatic, i would agree of the 2 perhaps North Keora might be the one to use such WMD, or might aid others to use such weopens, but that to be honest is a rather FarFetched possibilty given the current 'war on terrorism'.

The current politcal climate see's the us restructuring its relations with the rest of the world. It Has firmly placed its self as the only super-power and now its trying Gain from this unique position.

What has been continues, and i suppose in the near future will even get worse is the Interferince in reginol poltics and the economic stability of such regions by america. Its Military and economic might gives it an advantage which it has, instead of acting as a benin harmonice force, used consitantly to suppress ppl of every devolping nation in every way shape and form, especially muslim nations.

I also think they are very clever in the way they have managed to higten fears about 'rogue'nations (the to me to are the biggest rogue nation)that allegadly posses or a seeking to develop nuclear capabilities, as a means to an end, the end being the contining and indeed expansion further east into the asain continet.

I view american involvment either direct, or by proxiy (which is what the do most of the time) to be the greates threat facing the world.

Dhimbil   

Sup Shujui

Point well taken, but i am afraid by being so content on one country, you make it seem like rest of the world leaders are angels with stainless shirts. There are ruthless leaders around the world that cause genocide against their own people and am sure if they had the capabilities would do the same wordlwide. Also if one of these muslim nations particularly arabs got WMD in their hand, they are more likely to use against their own people or another muslim nation than any western country, because westerners would have manipulated their minds. Even our country you think if we had WMD capabilities before the civil war they would have waited until we went war with another country? i doubt, they would have used against each other long ago.

peace.

True but Illimatic.

But that isnt the point with regard to the relaity of today, i cant see a nuclear armed Suadi arabia trying to expand west can u!!!.

True though :D they, or if we had developed Nuclear Capability then that, looking out our disastories reason history would have been a clamaty.

But thats not the case.

so you agree developing WMD is not the best option.

Bah!

WMD still has the potential to cause havoc if its properly used. Iraq could prolly slaugher thousands and thousands of invading American forces if it wisely uses its stockpile. There is no defense or early warning against this WMD thingy. Saddam is too *chicken-hearted* to want use 'em agains the americans.

I say, lob couple of scud missiles at both the Isrealis and Sauids. That will surely solve much of the worlds problem.

Yep i do Illmatic, however i think every nations allways has to have some form of defence to ward off 'evil spirits'of such movements like the once driving american administrations, namely Corprate america, various Lobbying group i.e. Jewish, christian lobby. Becuase if u leave it to chance they will no doubt englufe which ever country it has an interest or crux with.