Sign in to follow this  
Ace of Spadez

Time And Tide Wait For No Man~The Future Is Here,The Future is Now~Somaliland Today!

The Given:

One- We are all Patriotic.

Two- We all want the best for Somaliland.

Three- We would like to see change for the better.

The Problem:

One- All we do is to post news, be it negative or positive.

Two- We spend time entertaining questions like what colour underwear do people who live in Somaliland wear, as Gediid assured us would surely follow. :D

Three- It seems like all talk, and no action.

The proposal:

One- To debate about real issues that concern our cause and our plight.

Two- To look within, in how we can improve ourselves, so that we will be in a better position to move forward.

Three- To not engage in topics, which have no merit what so ever.

Finally, to actually implement some of the issues we debate about by any means necessary, be it financial or political.

NB- Many have already suggested this, and I think its time we adhere to it like that Flag initiative.

First issue to be discussed.... I’ll leave that up to you...one suggestion might be about the recent security issues we are facing...Lander had some ideas about improving our military...etc... maybe we can start there....

Gediid   

Spadez

Thanks a lot bro for the suggestions.I do have an idea that has been floating around in my head for a while now but soon as I put that into words I will post it here for our fellow landers.I hope it gets the support it needs to get it off the ground.

AYOUB   

Spandez congratulation for taking the initiative indeed its time for action. Since we all claim we support SL its time we walk the walk. I'd love to hear your ideas.

guraad   

LOL . if you want regonition it comes from within people in north part of somalia should first regonise you , and as matter of fact most people are against separation , wHole states like SOOL , SANAAG AND CAYN are against separatist idea , and world knows about it , SO HOW YOU WANT TO GET REGONISED? . The best for is to come dawn from your high horse and smell the facts in the ground , SOMALIA CANT BE D/VIDEDED AND ITS THE TRUTH , SO FACE IT BRO. :cool:

Fyr   

guraad

Why don't you get on your high horse and see that Somalia is already divided.

African   

I agree that the majority of the people of all the regions should be supportive of Somaliland’s Independance 1st, it’s nice to see that Awdal is no longer included in the list of the skeptical regions. ;)

Moving on……

Spadez excellent topic, but before I make any suggestions I want to give few solutions to the problems you identified;

One- All we do is to post news, be it negative or positive.

From now on let’s not do that…..any1 who needs to read the news back home read them from the relevant websites that are dedicated to news.

Two- We spend time entertaining questions like what colour underwear do people who live in Somaliland wear, as Gediid assured us would surely follow.

The kind of un-researched, unintelligent and ignorant questions/comments that are being asked and debated the above question is bound to follow as well as many ignorant Landers who have jumped to try to answer or justify why we don’t wear light blue colour underwear :D …..so just ignore those threads and don’t waste ur time and energy on them…..let them believe that the Somaliland government delegates traveled on the old Somali Passport and that they can get the Somaliland Passport for $1 if it makes them feel good about themselves instead of falling into their trap of diverting you from contributing to ur country.

The turnout of demo on the 17th March came as shock to many Somalilanders let alone others. When I left England I think not many people were supportive to Somaliland’s independence, not many homes cared about politics back home but now I think the wave that was generated 13yrs in Burco have reached every Somalilanders home everywhere. They come to know that the question is not if Somaliland will be recognized but when as Qaybe said in his speech, so every1 is now jumping on the train that’s passing their area. Soon many of the vocal Somalilanders who are anti will change their course and u will read or hear from their mouths vocabulary they didn’t use before, quote me on that.

Now my suggestions….

18th May: lets make this celebration small compared to previous years…..why…..lets make 26th June the biggest celebration ever….why….to step up the recognition campaign …..how…..to organize a march starting from Westminster passing by Downing Street and ending at Hyde Park……book Hyde Park in advance to do a concert for the rest of the day and into the evening to continue the celebration…..publicize well so all the Somalilanders throughout Europe can come and be part of this historic day….or let every European country do the same in their respective country simultaneously, should be well coordinated….as for North America have the biggest demo in New York in front of the UN headquarters and the biggest concert ever at Central Park…..or have it in Washington DC in front of the White House since the UN has no power…..whichever city u guys think is better…..the organizers should work equally hard to get the event covered by the media…..Lets Walk the Walk.

Take it from there Landers.....if u like this idea PM me.

PS: a friend & collogue shared this idea with me and I have her permission to share it with you and spread the word, so no copy write infringement committed.

Dusty: u look cute on that picture gal...mind if i share it with Ayoub...he promised he will keep it a secret.

African you have stated some wonderful ideas in getting people more involved in the cause of recognition, we will do our part, we know what’s required, we know this is not the time to ease off but rather the time to put pressure on our right to be recognised. These pressures start with educating a work colleague; the little old lady waiting to board the bus; or a fellow student. The more exposure we get the more people will know and view the achievement we have made. As suggested the demos will be a good thing, as we have already seen somalilanders will all come together for the cause.

P.s I do enjoy these Banners carrying sessions, gives me the opportunity to get my workout done -handwork I tell ya :D ... doing my bit for landers while keeping fit :cool:

Gediid   

Great idea African,I think such events will continue to keep Somaliland in the limelight.

I do have this one suggestion.....

I have always thought of estabilishing a kind of mailing list of students in the diaspora,a place where they can exchange ideas of how to further improve the education sector both for Somaliland youth and Somalis in general both abroad and back home.We do have a large pool of students here on SOL and we could use that to start a mailing list.I know more people nowadays go home for vacations than before and half of those who travel back can help while on vacation like mentoring in either the universities or high schools.I know a cousin of mine who went back a year ago and ended up doing that both in Amoud and Hargeysa university.He counts that as one of the greatest achievements todate he's ever done.We just dont have to stop there,we can go further ,students in universities are in a better position to get book donations from students or faculty that we could send back home.Anything that's sent back will have a value to someone back home.Furthermore lots of universities now provide online classes to third world students at nominal prices or for free.I'm sure in the name of charity some of you could get your professors to participate in such a program.

These are just some of the thoughts running through my mind but let me know if this sounds like a plan.I know everything comes together when you pool in ideas and thoughts as a group and I think we have enough smart people in here to kick this off the ground.

Horaa loo yidhi cidna uma maqna ceelna uma qodna.

Gediid   

Spadez

Great idea but can you tell me if the MSN listserv is better than Yahoo groups?

I know Yahoo has unlimited space plus archives and its also free.

If anyone is interested,please let Spadez know.

Gediid, I've made one at yahoo also. I believe you're right, yahoo would be better, I just assumed every one would have a hotmail account. In any case every one can get one, all it takes is a couple of minutes. I think we should get the ball rolling. I must add, all of these projects can be achieved if we multi-task, and put effort into every sector that we need to develop. I like the feedback I've got so far. Even if it turns out to be 10 people I think we can make a difference.

P.S. African, I didn't mean every one here on SomaliaOnline, I just meant the Somalilanders. I didn't mean to not be inclusive, but I thought it was best if we stopped the constant bickering with others and actually did something useful for our country.

NB- I've yet to get some one's email...lol we shy or what :D:D:D:D:D ...I promise its strictly for...lol business reasons smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Saalixa   

LOL . if you want regonition it comes from within people in north part of somalia should first regonise you , and as matter of fact most people are against separation , wHole states like SOOL , SANAAG AND CAYN are against separatist idea , and world knows about it , SO HOW YOU WANT TO GET REGONISED? . The best for is to come dawn from your high horse and smell the facts in the ground , SOMALIA CANT BE D/VIDEDED AND ITS THE TRUTH , SO FACE IT BRO.

lool, in other words: you cannot go without us hence you need our help.

dream on smile.gif

smile.gif