Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Mogadushu community raise $63,000. for drought/ What is role of diaspora..

Ganacsatada Reer Muqdisho Oo Dadka Abaaraha Waxyeelaysay Ugu Deeqay Lacago Iyo Booyadob

Guddiga gurmadka deg degga ee abaaraha iyo ganacsatada gobalka Banaadir ayaa maanta kulan deqo loogu aruurinayo dadka ay abaaraha Wax yeelaysay ku yeeshay magaalada Muqdisho.

Kulankan ay yeesheen Ganacsatada Gobalka Banaadir iyo gudiga gurmadka Abaaraha ayaa waxa uu ka dhacaqy Xarunta shirkadd isgaarsiinta Nationlink ee Magaalada Muqdisho, iyada oo laga wda hadlay sidii deeq dag dag ah loo gaarsiin lahaa dadka Soomaaliyeed ee abaruhu la dagtay.

Midawga ganacsatada gobalka Banaadir ayaa wada hadal iyo falaqayn kadib sidii dadkaasi dhibaataysan Baad iyo Biyo loo gaarsiin lahaa ku deeqay lacag gaaraysa $63,000 oo doolarka maraykanka ah iyo 10 Booyadood oo kuwa biyaha lagu dhaamiya ah.

Deeqadan ay m,aanta ku deeqayn Ganacsatada Gobalka Banaadir, ayaa qayb ka ah deeqo dadka Soomaaliyeed ay ugu eeeqeen walaalahooda ay wax yeelada u gaysatay Abaarta, iyada oo tilaabooyinkaasina la dhihi karo waa kuwo ku dayasho Mudan.

Y C S (Yaxye Yare)

Gedonet Muqdisho

Castro   

^ The diaspora is suffering from donor fatigue. Specially after undisclosed amounts were raised for the defence fund of a self-confessed child molester. :rolleyes:

Yeniceri   

^^

Nice jab. :D

The Somali Diaspora is chewing khat, scratching their a$$es and blaming everyone for everything wrong in the world, except themselves. A society that's quick to collect millions of dollars to buy weaponry for sub-clan X sits idle and watches as millions of fellow Somalis face starvation. And we wonder when Somalia will ever be fixed.

I've done my part as an individual and I continue to encourage family and friends. Beyond that, I pass the torch to my fellow nomads.

Castro   

^ What's so funny good General? I've never seen Yeniceri this lucid. His obvious frustration should be a source of reflection not ridicule.

Castro   

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^ No your earlier comment was funny, not the comment of the brother Yancir.

I see. Saaxib, frustration is rising an all fronts. Other than inside my own home, everything else is doom and gloom. The world is not a good place. :(

Abdi2005   

There is awareness program send evry day by muqdisho media about the situation in gedo, bay-bakool, jubada and shabelada hoose. Radio Shaballe is on the for front on this, they give coverage on the issue every day on Radio and TV in muqdisho. Thanks to them even kids >>> smile.gif want to help

http://shabellenews.com/

there is special section for Abarah and you can lisen on the daily news on the right side where they cover about the drought in there news.

Cara.   

Thanks Abdi, that was touching. Little Maxamed and C/Nasir have the right of it.

I live in a city without a large Somali community, so I've donated my pittance to UNICEF instead. Give what you can, to whatever charity you trust.

Salaan...

We can donate today or tomorrow when the next drough arrives, but seriously did we take a break and examine closely, why do abaaraha is getting more frequent in deep South? We might've understood, for example in the south, if it occured regions such as NFD, Bakool or Gedo, which already were semi-desert; however these days, it seems almost every year there is some abaar, more frequent, in the deep, river-encircled south itself.

What was once considered the breadbasket of republic, such regions as Shabeelaha Hoose, Shabeelaha Dhexe and Jubbooyinka, particularly Jubbada Dheexe, are now experiencing their own abaaro.

There is only one culprit: Cutting trees.

Deforestation is a serious problem today in our country, threatening the entire region, including NFD and Soomaali Galbeed. Deforestation changes or alters moisture in the atmosphere; it also decreases the water in the underground, such as rivers or wells. An already semi-desert country like ours, the consequences are far-reaching.

There must be an urgent education to our people about the basic contribution tree does to society. It doesn't only provide shade relief or little qoryo for cooking. It does much more than that. This lack of education and further ingorance, plus the merciless "businesspeople" whose only goal is the short term financial gain as opposed the consequences of dire situations in the future of the country and their people.

In that Shabeele news site, there are pictures from Jilib. The bushy Jilib, the heavenly Jilib now looks a semi-desert. My Eeboow.

This is a really bad situation. The drought by the way is not just affecting Somali area (although Somali area's are the hardest hit). It is affecting a large part of East Africa.

I think there is a general lack of awareness about this issue. A while back I posted about this drought and asked the Admin to put up a link or notice on the forum informing patrons about this drought but it didn’t happen.

As MMA pointed out, these prolonged food shortages and frequent droughts have a clear relationship to the general condition of the natural environment.

I think by drawing the attention of more people to this current drought, there will be a greater general awareness of the environmental degradation that's going on and the general lack of food security in the Somali areas.

The world is not a good place right now... but maybe we can change that.

J.Lee   

MMA:

It isn't only the cutting of trees with contribute to the depletion of biomass (the cause of drought?) but also several other factors, one of which is overgrazing: this happens to be quite a problem in Somalia also; and though I'm in complete agreement that we should at least try to educate our people about the dangers they are courting for the environment and in turn themselves, I can't help but wonder about the limited, if any, alternatives that can be offered as substitution for the whatever purposes deforestation is meant to serve :confused: after all trees are in part used to synthesize charcoal and even menial chores such as cooking requires wood consumption as you pointed out.

Furthermore, even if what you proposed, that is a basic environmental education, were to become a reality, it still wouldn't be enough for nothing short of total rehabilitation coupled with all sorts of controlling factors(keep in mind our climate) is needed for most of our lands to return back, or wishfully better than they were before, laakiinse there is lack of monotary funds to make this possible.

Why not raise money to tackle the cause so that the problem rarely, if ever, reoccurs?

I can't help but wonder about the limited, if any, alternatives that can be offered as substitution for the whatever purposes deforestation is meant to serve after all trees are in part used to synthesize charcoal and even menial chores such as cooking requires wood consumption as you pointed out.

What I was referring was the over-deforestation of trees, which was expedited by the unlimited exportation of dhuxusha to Carabta.

The trees at home can provide enough consumption for our people's daily needs or annual requirements. That used to happen before the civil war, where a restrict quota was in effect. There was also a total ban to any export of dhuxul. Today, it almost seems there are daily shipments of charcoal exported to Carabta, whose own governments in their own countries banned cutting down the tiniest tree.

Also the usual overgrazing, where there is hardly any recovery period. The old government used to plant new trees in place. Today, the only mentality is cut and cut. I don't know what they are going to do when they run out. They already ran out our plenty of the good trees, which made them to turn to the unthinkable: Mango trees or other trees that doesn't mature fast.

Also, about using dhuxul for cooking, there are advanced modern ways to minimize; for example, there are various solar ovens. Our people aren't aware of this. Few who do, do not have it.

Also generally, our people and caring environment does not usually go together. I have friends in here, and when I tell them sometimes I don't drive cars because I care about the environment, they laugh at me, thinking I am but a thin step from going crazy.

The whole ocean is filled with nuclear and other hazardous chemicals.

The vast land of the country is fastly getting deforestation.

A considerable percentage of our people ma fiyoobo, either, oo buufis ku dhacay. Kuwii fiyoowaana dalkii ka carar waxee u sababtay inay badii iyo saxaradii ku dhamaadaan. Kuwii qurbaha joogayna desperation ayaa haayo, awlaadoodana faraha ka baxay.

The future indeed does look bleak.