Sign in to follow this  
Drama-Free

Kenyans Ethiopians ... the best Marathon Runners?

RaMpAgE   

sallam..soul lady....yes kenyan n eitho r very good at marathon running...from my point of view i think itz a both drvie n genetics....n also away to get out of poverty..hehehe

PEACE...

Of course some of it is to do with genetics, but unfotunately ppl are trying to suggest and conclude that thats the be all and end all of their dominaces.

The whole life revolves around training and competion. This includes training 3 times a day 7 days a week 52 weeks of the year, in groups, : un relenting intensity.

Th Ethopians do this aswell, and now most of the north african countries especially the morrocans are following suit.

The rest of the world, especially distance athelets from the europe and north america just simply do not put in wot is requried in training to match these African stars, who on the whole also lead a moderate life style, low or no alcholol staple diet of Carbo-hydrates and so forth.

I mean if it was all about genetics and the desire to escape poverty then how could one explain 'Paula Radcliff' of England, and Uk.

She now after years of dedication dominates the longer distance races i.e. Cross Country Road races up to half Marathon, and is now the undisputed Greatest Marathan runner the world has seen after Chicago.

so if she can do it coming from a middle income family in europe, then everyone else should be able to, providing the have got some talent and like herself, and the Kenyan,ethpians,morrocans etc etc are willing to dedicate themsleves to their sport.

shyhem   

I once had the privillege of visiting the training camp of the kenayan marathon runners in the rift vallet part of Kenya.

Trust me,no genetics involved here,this guys do train and every day they train like its gonna be the last day they will ever run.They train in teams and usually they have juniors called pace setters,.

The pace setters don't train to win,they train to help the champion to win.IfU carefully watch how the Kenyan run,there's always one or two leading the pack until the last minutes when another kenyan comes from behind and takes it all.