Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

'Ciidamada DF oo ku sii jeeda magaalada Kismayo'

Paragon   

^^Reer waamo iyagaa kala jabay oo u kala baxay Cumar Jess (Caydiid kaashanaya) iyo AUN Cabdullahi Gabyow (oo uu taageerayo AUN Bililiqo). Sayidkana markii iigu dambeysey Dhoobleey ayuu xero ciidan ku lahaa. Marka reer Waamo kala qaybsanaantaas ayaa qaybtooda dhaafshey, weliba Kismaayo. Maanta, garanmaayo sidey u mideysan yihiin balse hadii ay Kismaayo qabsadaan, lahaanshaheeda reer Puntland ayaa la qaybsan doonta. I guess it is better than nothing.

Having said that, reer Gedo, maadaama ay magaalada ilaa 1998kii gacanta ku hayeen, qayb kuma laha Kismaayo miyaa? Dhibka ka iman kara wax qaybsasho diidka hada jira ayaa wuxuu yahay in hadii aad dadka xaqiisa xaqirto adiguna xaqaaga la xaqiro doono maalintii lagaa itaal roonaado. Reer Gedo, waxaa ku haboon in ay ogolaadaan, ugu horeyntii, in reeraha kale ay xaqu leeyihiin awood-qaybsashada Kismaayo. Marka xigta waa in ay dhisaan maamul loo wada dhanyahay oo ay ka qayb yihiin reer Waamo iyo reer Puntland. Maamulkana waa in uu noqdaayi mid shacabku soo doortay, taasoo cadayn doonta dadka u badan Kismaayo deegaan ahaan.

Hadii maanta dagaal la doorbido, waxaa suurta gasha in ay reer Gedo is difaacaan oo ay Kismaayana gacanta ugu sii jirto, oo ay reer waamo/puntland ku wax waayaan. Waxaa kaloo suurta gal ah in hadii reer waamo/puntland gacanta ku qabtaan Kismaayo ay reer Gedo ku wax waayaan. Sidaa darteed, waxaa loo bahan yahay tanaasul, iyo is afgarad u jeenjeera nabad-jacayl iyo xalinta colaadda jirta. Hadii sidaa la sameyn waayo, kolleey, waa aniga sidey ila tahaye, labakooreeyba cid un baa ku meel waayi.

Paragon

This, however, is something I doubt. If anything, I believe reer Afmadow are simply uniting their efforts with the boys that have the 'big Ethiopian guns', which heralds the best chance of success

ABWAAN

loool ...Afguduud army so hadda waad qiraysaa inuu Itoobiyaan yahay, because as far as I am concerned no Somali troops took over Mogadishu and THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS.

lol. No your both are wrong, and the rest of the the international media organisations on the ground. The TFG forces are/have taken controll of the capital mogadisho in a sweeping and successfull secuirty clampdown, where the ethopians were confined to the baraks oh and there wasnt any american help either lool.

Paragon   

^^Yes, Anajuwa lol. We are just kidding ourselves, you see. We know the TFG's forces have parachuted into Mogadishu and captured the insurgents without firing a bullet. Not to mention, the Ethiopians were vacationing in the beaches of Mogadishu (they haven't got a sea, you see) smile.gif .

Huri waayaye'e bal aan u hollado...

I must agree with Duke on the Kismayo issue being not significant. The militias that have the control of the city neither have the political infrastructure to maintain holding it, nor the military and logistical capacity to defend it if attacked. When the old man’s boys show up with their Ethiopian brethren, this confused militia will find a way to melt back into the populace. And unlike Mogadishu where the fighters had the people with them and were aiming to oust Ethiopian and their tools, a bigger goal than fighting for a mere political recognition, Kismayo’s militia will find themselves in a hostile political environment where clannish sentiments are tense and past bloody history of the city lingers in residents’ memory.

Their incoherent political standing is quite transparent. Check this: here you have a militia that’s on steroids, and, if you listen some folks, wants to show their political formidability through force; did it before, and had the city on their thump for years. Now the game has changed and the side they threw their luck with got the temporary upper hand in the Somali conflict. Their grumbles are purely political in nature, and that, my dear friends, does not appeal even to those who staunchly oppose the old man and his policies. They are not angry because Ethiopia invaded Somalia. In fact their leader presided the war and is a proud member of Ethiopian coalition. They are angry because a man from a different clan than theirs got Kismayo’s top post. When the good wadaads were on top of things they allotted the top posts of the city to the very clan they claim to represent yet this militia was the loudest opponents of the Court’s movement. Reason? Barre, their leader, was discarded.

The SOLers who support this type of flip-flopping need to inject some rational thinking in their posts….

Dhubad.   

Originally posted by Abdi_Xaafid:

Know tell me your dad who is in
baardheere knows C/yusuf Mind
:D
I must say your dad is someone who knows
cilmul Qayb
;)

When the delegation concluded that this conflict can be solved through dialogue, when Odayaasha are saying we can solve this, when Amxaaro is reluctant to wage war....Xagaybay Salaadu iska qabsanla dahay? Duqa taas uma baahana fasiraad dheeraad ah.

About the militia of Afmadoow, well they were warned so hopefully they will realised if they attack Kismayo it will effect them more than say Puntland militia coz of the border that they share with reer Gedo(Geelooda ayaa is dhex daaqa, marka waad is garankartaa Geeljire layiri ina adeerkaa baa ladilay, dariskiisa ayuu kabilaabayaa…)

Jacpher   

Having said that, reer Gedo,
maadaama ay magaalada ilaa 1998kii gacanta ku hayeen,
qayb kuma laha Kismaayo miyaa?

Paragon, don't you think Al-Sheikh Yusuf Max'ed Siyaad Indhacade also gets his fair share for JVA sucess in the port city? If cadaalah is back in the air, perhaps Cabdiqaasim too for his sub-clan militia controlling the city for quite some time.

Paragon   

^^So you are comparing reer Gedo's presence to the short stay of Sheikh :D Indha-cade iyo Cabdiqaasim? lol. That isn't fair, considering that Horn believes the majority of reer Kismaayo are Gedoans. Thats why he says 'majority rule, minotiry rights'. Ok, Jimcaale, do you atleast concede that a proportion of Kismaayo's population is reer Gedo? If so, how many percentage do you estimate reer Gedo would be in Kismaayo?

Dhubad , I don't think reer Afmadow would take warnings as serious. Few geeljire attacks may not deter them from the big price that is Kismaayo. They have been waiting for this opportunity since 1988 sxb. If you ask me, I would say they would certainly take the risk. According to some of them, it may be worth it.

Gabbal   

Paragon-

Puntland afaaraha Kismaayo shaqo kuma leh.

That has been proven by the fact that it was the SNF who put Morgan in Kismaayo and ejected him from it. In fact, aasaaski SRRC was based on this fact; that Puntland has no future say in Kismaayo nor anything south-related nor could they. 75% of Morgan's foot soldiers in his attempts to capture Kismaayo from the SNF were of RRA/SRRC stock.

The petty maneuvering occurring at the moment is that of a hope bestowed on a single man by a foreign force. It is not a clan nor can his clan deserve to be equated into the discussion as if their worth in the discussion is important enough. The man can die anytime at any moment, including this exact time frame, and with that the nuisance will be cut short and everyone will relapse back to reality.

Doodba meesha kama jirto. Majority rules, minority rights.

Abwaan   

All we here is Reer Puntland, Reer Gedo, Reer Mudug, Galgaduud and SPM fighting over Kismaayo...where are the other Somalis? Don't they count or they don't as they don't fight, loot, rob and kill. It is so unfair as we know there are many other Somalis

I know I am being naive but as this city and its surrounding districts can host as many Somalis as possible from right, left and centre, rather than each thinking they should lead others why can't they unite and fight against Amxaaro.

For me the first priority is to get rid off Ethiopia. No militia from certain area have a right to rob the city including the TFG militia.

One can make excuses by calling others terrorists or soo galooti ama xabadi keentay Kismaayo should be for all Somalis specially for those we have known to live there for centuries (the nomads, Bajunis and so on) and it shouldn't be selfishly robbed by those brought over by the isticmaar, previous unfair goverments or Jabhado.

Jacpher   

Paragon, Gedo was represented by Hiiraale, a member of JVA headed by Al-Sheikh Yusuf Indhocade. Let's not drag the good name of Gedo to this mess. I'm sure many of Gedo natives have nothing to do with Hiiraale-Indhacade JVA alliance. If we are focusing on the issue of majority, JVA alliance is as much relevant as anyone and how it come to life.

On percentage wise, I leave it up to Horn and Abaadir. I'm not so keen about throwing out same number and lacking evidence to support.

Gabbal   

Jimcaale-

Name one visit Indhacade has made to Kismaayo, the third largest city in the former Somalia and the Jewel of the South? One visit and we are all yours. :D

Even though I know full well why you and the rest of Morgan's remnants are so fixated on connecting Kismaayo and Indhacade, tell me the recent history of that part. When was the JVA signed, who signed it, and when did Indhacade enter the politics of south Somalia? icon_razz.gif

On the the question of percentages, how about this:

brought over by the isticmaar and previous unfair goverments=40%

brought over by Jabhado=15%

Nomads=40%

Others=5%

Source: Adeerkay.

Paragon   

^^Some of us know the qabiilist statistics, so would you mind hinting which percentage is which, yaa Xiin?

Jacpher   

Horn, why don't you answer the question I posted earlier before you get to ask one. :D

According to Maxkamadaha, the governor of the city, airport commissioner, and police chief belonged to one people as they were the majority.

Majority? When? Pre or post 1998 JVA/Morgan conflict? At the time of Maxkamadaha or Indhacade/Cabdiqaasim coalition? I was in Kismaayo when Morgan & Omar Jees were fighting for control of the city and there was no mention of reer Gedo being majority or wanting majority rule. Is it possible reer Gedo majority started as JVA coalition come to brith? How come no claim of majority rule in USC, SPM, SNF, SSDF, etc, era.

Originally posted by Paragon:

^^Some of us know the qabiilist statistics, so would you mind hinting which percentage is which, yaa Xiin?

qabiilist stats is what we thrive adeer. Ku dar ama ka jar, if you will...