Sign in to follow this  
Ladiif

Nation of Islam!!!

Ladiif   

What do you know about it?

What do you think of Nation of Islam?

For me, even though I don't know much a better it, I think its more like Political movement.

The reason am asking is that, I met this white muslim brother at Chicago Muslim conference over the weekend, and he was telling me how he embarraced Islam 10 yrs ago and how he was mislead by some Nation of Islam members who he thought were practising the right teachings of the prophet(Pbuh). Alhamdu-Lilaah, the brother has left the nation of Islam and also moved out of that city and lives in Chicago and Masha-Allah, if you could only see the NUR on his face and how looks, the ideal muslim brother we all would like to be. You can not believe how much he learnt about his deen and how far he came. Masha-Allah, I admire him and liked the person he is for the sake of Allah!!

-KIWI   

There is actually no Islamic state in the world today,when i say there is no Islamic state i mean in a sense that it fully reflects the explicit word of Allah and the explicit teaching of the Prophet.The muslim countries are lead to believe that they must subject to "alien" governing in order to achieve civilisation.Western civilisation doesnt try and direct man to peace and tranquility it tries to increase human pleasure and fulfill our desires in order to give us 'enjoyment', this is seen by the countless industrial productions,that arent necessary for our survival.

Every muslim country is longing for an Islamic state.By using their initiatives they are bound to reconize that man-made laws are incomplete and unjust.And hopefully every muslim country will not be burden by 'western civilisation'if they stand up on their feet and enable truth and justice to govern the world.

latiif and nafizah.

the nation of islam was a black-muslims movement that was started in the USA in the 1950's by a man called elijah muhammed. he developed his own version of islam whereby their were black prophets and therfore he could use this idea to tell the americans that blacks were as important as whites. later on this movment was joined by malcolm x who became a militant black leader and muhamed ali. when elijah muhammed died there was a power struggle for the top leadership spot and malcolm x was shot by a member of the movement who opposed malcolm x to become the leader of the movement. this was because malcolm x had gone to hajj and learned the true meaning and teachings of islam. he was going to preach those means if he was to be elected as a leader. a man called louis Farrakhan became the leader and he is still the leader of the movement that now preaches the reall islam. muhamed ali left the movement in the 1970's. the nation of islam still exists and as i said before it is led by louis farrakhan.

Ladiif   

Naziha, sorry sister, I should have explained the topic more, I just assumed its a well know group but thanks for the repply thou.

Dear Dharbaaxo(kuma darikaro inta kale eh, for the love of Allah, change your user name, just a brotherly advice. Waligaana ha isku shabihin Jin iyo wax lamid ah!!!

Back to the topic, thanks for the recap on the history of the group. You mentioned that Farakhan now preaches the right Islam but the brother that I mentioned in my above post told me that they said that this group is only for black ppl and whites can not be members!! In fact, he recited me these hadiths which go like this"In Allah laa yanthuri ila ajsaami kum walaa kin yanthurin ilaa quluubi kum" and another hadith that I can not recalled fully but roughly translated it goes like this" An arab is not better than non-arab........". So brother, how could he(Farakhan) be preaching the right Islamic message if he beileves a white muslim can not join his group? The color of the individual has nothing to do with religion.

qoslaaye   

DHARBAAXO JIN, MALCOLMX DIED BEFORE ALAJAH MOHAMED OK, THE ONLY REASON MALCOLMX GET KILLED WAS BECAUSE AFTER HE WENT TO MECCA(HAJ)HE TOOK THE TRUE ISLAM WHICH WAS AGAINT WHAT THE NATION OF ISLAM WAS TEACHING. THOSE WHO WANT KNOW THE FAITH OF NATION OF ISLAM, THEY STARTED AND A BLACK MOVEMENT AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM EXCEPT THE NAME, NOW THEY ARE GETTING CLOSER TO ISLAM BUT STILL FARAWAY, LETUS ALL HOPE THAT THEY FOLLOW THE TRUE PATH OF ISLAM.

THANKS

:confused:

I DON'T KNOW IF WE CAN MAKE THE CONCLUSION THAT THIS GROUP ARE NOT MUSLIMS ONLY ALLAH WATACALA DECIDES THAT. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THEM IS THAT THEY ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE RIGHT WAY.

Latiif, there was an Islamic conference in Chicago and U didn't say anything. :mad:

Dont' know much about Nation of Islam except for few historical facts. My first contact with a NOI was a young Hispanic sister in Toronto. She was then recently converted and was heading to Chicago to be with her arranged husband who she's never seen :eek: :eek: :confused:

I didn't know her long enough to ask detailed q's of her beliefs.

Latiif, he was white? I didn't know they converted whites...I can't help think about their famous qoute " blue-eyed devil", interesting walaahi.

Btw, isn't amazing meeting and conversing with converts. Masha Allah, I learned that a former co-worker converted about 2 weeks ago, it made my week. I can't keep up with the converts on my own campus, what can I say...wow! :D

Ladiif   

Tamina, yes, I should 've told the Nomads about the Islamic gethering! Cafwan dhamaantiin, Khayrka inaan idinka qarsado uguma talogalin balsi saas bay hada u egtahay!

Tamina, there were no muslim sisters at the conference this year due to some limitations. There were about 2,000 brothers and I would expect the same number of muslim sisters had then been accomodated but the Masjid is just too small for such a number but Insha-Allah, its the intention of the Mgmt to accomodate for the sisters from next year. This is an Annual Muslim Conference so lets ask Allah inaan nolool, caafimaad, iyo caqiido fiican nagu gaarsiiyo the next gethering. Aaaamiin

Btw, there were more than 50 somali brothers at the meeting and I was very delighted to see them most of them from minneapolis---Did you know some somalis thought and still think that Tabliiq is Bidcah? Allahu Akbar!! No wonder you will see places like Cedar Tower in minneapolis is surrounding by Mosques at the same time, Drunkards somalis are roaming around and sitting at each entrance calling names hooyoyinka iyo gabdhaha, or anyone for that matter and Sheikh Hebel Xaaji iyo aniguba are passing-by afer every sallah turning a black eye to them! Cajaaib. Iga raali noqda topiga waa kabaxaye.

Back to the topic:

"She was then recently converted and was heading to Chicago to be with her arranged husband who she's never seen"- Guess what, the brother I mentioned in my post is married to a somali sister and his white muslim friend also is married to his wife's sister and both had semi-arranged marriage. Not to mention how happy they are and much (sisters) changed and got closer to Allah.

"Latiif, he was white? I didn't know they converted whites"

The way he embraced Islam is that his roomate was a Black muslim (member of Nation of Islam) and this brother saw some of Islamic lectures the black brother attended. He watched and listened to those and he got interested what he heard about Islam and from there, he did his own reseach on Islam and later, asked the black muslim brother to take him to the mosque.

"Btw, isn't amazing meeting and conversing with converts"

For the last few months, I've a contact with, close to 10 converts and found out its just so intersting and execiting to talk with them. Some of them are so knowledgeable about Islam and so passionate about the Deen.

For the few days I stayed there, We used to sit in groups, read Qur'an and listen to each other (its just so soothing and relaxing to have someone read Qur'an on you), Anigaaba is nacay markaan arkay seday Quraanka u yaqaanaan. I wasn't envying them or anything but it just definitely made think about the way I live and how much I need to change. At least reading Qur'an couple times a month. It was a good experience!!

Maaggiid   

ASALAMU ALEIKUM

IT SEEMS ALOT OF YOU DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT THE NATION OF ISLAM. I WILL NOT GO INTO ITS HISTORY,,,,BUT WHAT THEY BELIEVE IS SIMPLE,,,

THEY BELIEVE THAT A MAN CALLED FARD IS ALLAH

AND THAT ELIJAH MOHAMED IS HIS PROPHET.CONTRARY TO ISLAM THEY BELIEVE THE BLACK MAN IS SUPERIOR TO ANYONE,,,,,THEY BELIEVED THE WHITE MAN IS A DEVIL.

ELIJAH'S SON IMAM WARID (WALLACE), CHANGED THE NATION OF ISLAM'S DIRECTION TO THE MAIN STREAM. ACCORDING TO ME,,,,,,IMAM WARID IS A HERO AND A BRILIANT MAN WHOM I ADMIRE.

YALL SHOULD STUDY ABOUT HIM

THANKS