Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Planders: stay in Pland or the south again?

OG- I don't know what the so called constitution says, but the reality is every ethnic Somali has the right to Somali citizenship whether you are from occupied lands or not. My grandfather is from Galadi/Wardheer area, Don't worry our lands will not be sold/forgotten!!!!

People, I don't understand why would you gang up on Nationalist, Iam certain a lot of you are asking the same questions.

Gabbal   

We all know that. Barre did his people a good favor stealing lands from weak groups like that.

Don't be a cad Nationalist. Barre's "people" have been living in Gedo way before his regime. redface.gif If you must remember, Siad Barre himself is from Garbaharey.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atleast yours wasn't erased, I am yet to get an answer from the ADMIN for the reason he deleted that topic about the education night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know it was erased.

Actually it was erased and the ADMIN is still not responding to my pm. I'm starting to believe that there is something to the bias's people have been talking about. :confused:

^^ Horn you did not get my point. Never mind dear.

Og the "consititution" is not discriminating against qabiils, even though we all know who the majority of Somali Galbeed are. It doesn't matter what your qabiil is, so long as you were born within the boundaries of the Somali Republic of today. Atleast that's what I'm getting.

My grandfather is from Galadi/Wardheer area, Don't worry our lands will not be sold/forgotten!!!!

My father, grandfather, etc, are from the Gelaadi area, infact my father was born in Gelaadi.

Horn-So we along OG have established we originated from SomaliGalbeed....Wat are we doing in Somalia....lol.

I think the question here is would one be safe and secure in living in his birthplace, in my case mogadisho where in 91 I was all but safe.Heck, my nieghbors turned on us. It is legimate concern on Somali people's mind whether you are from Pland or not, a basically a choice between your Qabiil's land or birthplace.

Muqdisho = Fallujah.

Who in his rightful mind wanna go back and live in a God-forsaken city drenched in the blood of the innocent? Especially after they were kicked out, as if we ain't Somali enough!

Puntland needs to remain in the North. Hiiraan needs to remain in the central and so forth. No one needs Muqdisho - a city built on xaraam!

Xoogsade   

Che-Guevara, If I had fears in going back and building in Xamar, and I had other options or places where I think my long term future interests of safety and security can be met, I would opt for the latter and forego my birthplace. It will take some long time to come for people to have no reservations. If the situation improves and tribe is relegated to the background, rule of law is forecully applied wherever and whenever required, these questions/concerns won't come to people's minds. So for now, in the immidiate future, it is better for everyone to invest where they feel secure, or wait to see the outcome of what is going on.

Wind-Talker.

Were you invited there or you are just ranting in expression of your tribally based bitterness?

Gabbal   

Were you invited there or you are just ranting in expression of your tribally based bitterness?

Xoogsade Wind Talker might not be correct, but how do you know he isn't talking of personal experiences? He might have went through something that will always make him feel negatively toward Muqdisho, whether tribally motivated or not.

OG_Girl   

Horn, wallalo you misunderstood me what I meant was :-

Somali republic is defined to be somali British and Somali Italian.. But that is not all somali Land and since I am not both shall I leave my land and become a part of another ??

Any person can take/acquire citizenship that is not big deal,somalia isn't USA people die to get their citizen. So what about my land , does that mean I have no claim over my land?

Che, I have no clue what you doing in Somali republic your land isn't included, unless you want to be part of another!!

Xoogsade, Somalia not even republic any more..lol now is federal states, you have to have good backyard before you go Mogadisho or South that is nothing to do with tribal is reality on the ground .

Salam

Og Girl, I believe every Somali in and outside the borders have the Somali nationality. Don't forget that in the 70s, your town Qabri Dahare was Somali Republic territory for a solid two years. Also there is no possible way the government can differentiate the Somali people within and behind enemy lines.

I personally have some familial roots in the Hawd in Ethiopian territory. May paternal grandfather was mothered by a woman from the Hawd and many relatives of mine call Jigjiga home. We are all Somalis period, no matter the lousy papers tell you.

I have been to Mogadishu and got our homes robbed

I now have Puntland Thank God for that dont need to go back.No hard feelings still think of them as fellow countrymen and still prepared to die to protect them but dont want to leave my ancestral homeland Puntland.It needs me.Muqdisho will be the capitala as always and the country is not just muqdisho the country is large and people are not all from muqdisho

Xoogsade   

OG_GIRL, I agree with you sis. I perfectly understand and know that. However, I didn't like what wind-talker said. That was too harsh LOL.

^^

Homie what I said are words on a screen. The truth is some dudes clad in camouflage came to a house my Dad built and told us to get the F out! Imagine how that feels. Nothing "harsh" about what I said - coz its exactly what happened. But life ain't fair, now is it?

Anyways - my point is: Dhul Soomaaliyeed waa wayn yahay. Why I gotta limit myself to my hometown? I don't hate Muqdisho - coz its my hometown and the capital of my Nation. But will I ever live there? NO. Will I visit? Yes.

But getting kicked out of your house and being told you don't belong there ain't something I'll ever forget. So no need to sugarcoat reality.

Xoogsade   

Wind-talker, My family had similiar experiences and more but I am not bitter about it or hang on to bad memories. You made your decision and there is nothing wrong with it smile.gif

NASSIR   

I will never build a house in Mogadisho or elswewhere in the south. Anywhere in Puntland suits my future plan to build a house.

What ye say about kismaayo or the sorrounding cities...I hope and pray that i will end up there in the future if it is peace of course. I think those places are pretty cool to live in. forget about mudugh the place is so qarax..I have to get my ayeeyo and awoowe out of there. they need to experience the other parts of the country.

by the way I have never been to mudugh expect galkacayo..and that place sums them all or does it? may be i gotta pay a visit and see with my own naked eyes