Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

I am Somalilander....

I am Somalilander, but i dont support Somaliland breaking away from Somalia. We need to stay united for the benefit of the county, and our people.

The reason i started this thread is, because i read alot about Somaliland, and Somali threads. God Bless all of Afrika

btw, I hope this becomes my last politikally motivated post. I will now goto the other parts of this forum, and wouldn't be replying to this thread.

Rokko   

Am I a Somalilander?

My grandfather is burried in Ceerigaabo na'mean?. My father was born in Ceel-Afweyn to be exact. Grandma iskaba daa warkeeda.

what am I? How does one become a Somalilander?

ya'all explain it to me na'mean.

SamiGyrl   

Nin Yabaan you are welcome to your opinion, but one mans opinion in a democracy does not over shadow the rest of the people.

To the last anon, please read the Somaliland constituton. I myself am from Erigavo, but

SamiGyrl   

BUt i grew up here, and think its as long as you have parents, and grand parents that were born there, either one of your parents, mother or father, and one of your grand parents, before the union and after in Somaliland then you are considered a Somalilander.

My father is from Yemen, but my mother is from SOmaliland, although her parents were both born and raised in Yemen I am still considered a Somalilander because of my mother birth in Somaliland.

So it really doesnt take much, but just read the consititution just incase I have missed anything.

-Citizen Sami

P.S. Nin Yabaan if you dont like Somaliland or the idea, you can always move, or you can accept the will of the majority and stay in peace, or go to SOmalia or Puntland and well try and manage.

SamiGyrl   

BUt i grew up here, and think its as long as you have parents, and grand parents that were born there, either one of your parents, mother or father, and one of your grand parents, before the union and after in Somaliland then you are considered a Somalilander.

My father is from Yemen, but my mother is from SOmaliland, although her parents were both born and raised in Yemen I am still considered a Somalilander because of my mother birth in Somaliland.

So it really doesnt take much, but just read the consititution just incase I have missed anything.

-Citizen Sami

P.S. Nin Yabaan if you dont like Somaliland or the idea, you can always move, or you can accept the will of the majority and stay in peace, or go to SOmalia or Puntland and well try and manage.

Cilmi   

Nin-Yabaan,

As a democratic country Somaliland shall not suppress one's right to express his/her opinions.

Just make sure you abide and adhere to the rules and regulations in the country ;)

Mobb-Deeq,

Perhaps that question should have been directed to Boqor Cisman Aw-maxmuud (Buurmadow), he would certainly grant you with a states. :D ooh just in case you do not follow events on the ground, the king is Somaliland citizen.

Sami-Gyrl,

I'am impressed the level of knowledge you have shown here, without even having the opportunity to grow up and live in Ceerigabo as I did. smile.gif

i cant believe im going to go with the odaay,,,,but he is telling the truth,,,

(I HAVE A DREAM) (lol)

it is a dream, a wish, that we could unite, if not under a somali consitution,,,under Islaam,,,InshaAllah!

it is embarrasing,

we have the same religion,country,culture and language (we look alike),,,and waan kalaa fanaynaa? <--whats that about?

wether im from the north or the south does not matter, my tribe will not take me to heaven,

my religion and my actions will get me to heaven,,,,,and i advice u guys to watch what u say, respect others and act well 2wards your fellow muslims....InshaAllah!

SamiGyrl   

Our tribes wont take us to Heaven that is true but it sure will take you to hell and the Greater SOmalia Idea proved that walalo.

Having the same religion, didnt stop Somali Muslims from Raping other Somali Muslims nor did it stop them from Releaving themselves on the Holy Quran.

THe same language doesnt serve much use either, because no one stood up to Siad until it was too late.

So what we are Somali, big deal did it stop us from Killing each other off?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO!!!

Why not have different nations? If we cant get things straight in one, why not try the road less traveled, its certainly working for Somaliland, heres an idea, it might just work for you.

Give it a try!

But be warned, before you venture out into this area, you must put Somaliland out of your mind, and also the greater Somalia horror. Then and only then can you start working on bettering the lives of the people in your areas.

-Many Thanks Your Pal

citizen Sami

LANDER   

Mobb,

Samigyrl is right here's article 4 of the constitution

1. Any person who is a patrial[1] of Somaliland, who is the descendant of a person residing in Somaliland on 26th June 1960 or earlier, shall be recognised as a citizen of Somaliland.

2. The law shall determine the acquisition or loss of the citizenship of Somaliland.

so according to the constitution you would be eligible to apply for citizenship. I hope You, Samygyrl, myself and the rest of the somalilander "diaspora" can apply for citizenship one day :D . As you can see, the law does not discriminate on Clan allegiance like some of the propaganda spread by anti-Somaliland patrons would suggest.

Lander, Mobb_Deep has stated before that he doesn't accept the 1960 borders of Somaliland so he is out of luck to get anything from Maandeeq. smile.gif

The goverment there might even try him for many counts of high treason. :D I wouldn't be surprised if a military tribunal became an option for him.

LANDER   

lol@libaax,

I was gonna get into the 2nd close of the law but you beat me to it. Obviously anyone who would (let's presume) take up arms against somaliland or not recognize its sovereignty would not do well in a applying for citizenship. Kinda like the loyalist that did not recognize the American independence. A lot of them decided to move to Canada, others stayed in the former colonies and immersed them selves in American society. Personally I don’t like to see people being displaced, and if those opposed to Somaliland that might live within the borders can find themselves to accept the sovereignty of Somaliland within its respective borders, then I see no reason why they wouldn’t be able to gain citizenship regardless of their political views. But if they can’t accept article 2 (land sovereignty), then the only personal solution for them might be displacement (out of their own free will of course). I’m reasoning that they don’t want to live as hypocrites and take up a citizenship of a country that they do not recognize.

hey.....whatever little town y'all saying u was form,,,,,,i never heard of it,

im S-lander str8 from Hargeisa, i been through same shiit as y'all (in the case of loosing family memebers), but i aint hating on somalia, i prefer we all just united for the sake of Allah if nothing else.

true, if we cant live 2gether in peace we should seperate, but we should not hate!

samigryl, well i cant say much to u , coss all i see is that your hang-up on the past, u need to learn to 4give, 4get and look to the future!

LANDER   

Silen sistah,

the brotha mentioned Ceel-Afweyn, but he aslo talked about Ceerigabo which is no small town ;) .