Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Edna Aden Ismail and her terrorist threats against Sool

LANDER   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

He was never embraced in Somali history books before Siyad Barre came to power…I wonder why?

Kacaan legacy is well and alive what more can you say sxb. I wonder why the likes of OLOLdin were never glorified?..anybody care to speculate?

Say 30 years from now, could Farah Caydiid be elevated to super-hero status on a "national" level by the next dictatorship in Somalia? After all he did fight the modern day neo-imperialist forces of the U.S.A and unlike inah Abdulah Hassan he was succesfull in his quest to drive them out. History is a funny subject at times don't you think? Seems to me somalis of all walks of life, subsconciously yearn for some form of historical heritage to boast of in whatever form in may come.

In our case (somalis), as a collective nation our history is obscure and our impact on greater civilization is insignificant at best. While we waste time bragging and glorifying our petty past, the world seems to be leaving us behind.

SOO MAAL   

Lander,

You don't need to worry about the future and what will happen in 30 years,

presently in somalia there is people who glorify warlords like Riyaale in northwest somalia, who only want to divide somali people

Jacpher   

You accuse Siyad Barre of re-writing the history and equate Sayidka with Caydiid? Is this secessionist’s version of history?

Originally posted by Jaylaani

The British never bombed my homes or raped my women

(evidence: there were never little half British b.a.stards in the history of Somaliland)....

C'mon! how on earth can they bomb you, when you completely submitted yourself under their rule and paying tax to them (of what little you had left) and used you as foot soldiers with no rights at all. Never ever seen or read people praising their colony like you guys do. Subhaanallaah! what is wrong with you guys?

am

Do not refer to our forefathers being "gay," for the love of Eebbe. Do not copy-paste a poem that has an overtly sexual reference.

[ January 19, 2006, 01:29: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Arawella   

The forefathers of the current Somaliland made a treaty with the English during the occupation. The objective was to safeguard the nation from becoming part of the Common wealth. The treaty was writing on the skin of an animal and agreed by the English. I have listed below few of the articles, although the exact wordings are not used. From what I have been told the current Somaliland was the only nation in Somalia, which had a treaty drawn before gaining independence

No marriage involving the invaders will be held within Somali soil (North Somalia)

No pregnant woman will be permitted to give birth on Somali territory

No invader who died during the occupation will have his burial in Somali

Yeniceri   

The only reason you are taking such position and defending some one who MURDER your own uncles is because your TRIBAL affiliation with him.

You're not too bright on logic, are you? :D

Enjoy the rest of your day, sxb.

This is how the world's history - not myopic tribal history - will always remember the Sayyid and his movement (the Dervishes):

Mahammad Abdille Hasau's Dervish Resistance to Colonial Occupation

Given the frequency and virulence of the Ethiopian raids, it was natural that the first pan-Somali or Greater Somalia effort against colonial occupation, and for unification of all areas populated by Somalis into one country, should have been directed at Ethiopians rather than at the Europeans; the effort was spearheaded by the Somali dervish resistance movement. The dervishes followed Mahammad Abdille Hasan of the puritanical Salihiyah tariqa (religious order or brotherhood). His ability as an orator and a poet (much-valued skills in Somali society) won him many disciples, especially among his own ********* and ****** clans (both of the ******* clan-family). The British dismissed Hasan as a religious fanatic, calling him the "Mad Mullah." They underestimated his following, however, because from 1899 to 1920, the dervishes conducted a war of resistance against the Ethiopians and British, a struggle that devastated the Somali Peninsula and resulted in the death of an estimated one-third of northern Somalia's population and the near destruction of its economy. One of the longest and bloodiest conflicts in the annals of sub-Saharan resistance to alien encroachment, the dervish uprising was not quelled until 1920 with the death of Hasan, who became
a hero of Somali nationalism
. Deploying a Royal Air Force squadron recently returned from action in combat in World War I, the British delivered the decisive blow with a devastating aerial bombardment of the dervish capital at
Taleex
in northern Somalia.

Taleex...which was part of the ex-British Protectorate of Somaliland. But the bombing thereof isn't considered "brutal", is it? ;) History, my friends, cannot be changed to fit today's narrow political agendas.

No explicit qabiil names.

[ January 19, 2006, 01:31: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Jaylaani   

It was my mistake to respond .... minds. What the F.uck is Riyaale get to do with what happened 100 yrs a go?

All of you Somaliland and Riyaale haters...,

Saaxiib hawshaasi waa hawl reer Somaliland u taale ee adigu inaad dantaada ka talisaa miyaanay kula haboonayn.

P.S. Please stop the cheap argument of dividing the nation. What nation would that be. If you're talking about the illusion Somaliweyn concept, I created that and embraced it with all my heart and you killed it and raped it ina daylight. Come up with something constructive and act like HUMAN than maybe we can have that conversation one day. Until then you have no plat form to speak of so stop boring me with your pathetic self promoted history.

No badmouthing.

[ January 19, 2006, 01:33: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Xarago   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

If you're talking about the illusion Somaliweyn concept, I created that and embraced it with all my heart and you killed it and raped it ina daylight.

Enough said..!

Anything other than that is completely rubish.

Qudhac   

loool i cant help but laugh at digaag and darwiish crew attempts to hang on to a utopian delusional history aabo siyad tried to convinced somalis :D am afriad afweyne died long time ago and am afriad so did the kacaan farts, whether it be the digaad darwiish or the durbaan tumayaal.

to you he may be a hero but to most somalis he was egomaniac warlord who was campaining for his tribe he was just never man enough to come out with it instead he used the cloak of islAM AND NATIONALISM and failled miserably :D

Castro   

^ Come on guys, if you're gonna sing the colonial tune, you might as well learn the lyrics. Here they are. One, two, uh one, two, three, four:

God save our gracious Queen!

Long live our noble Queen!

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us,

God save the Queen.

Thy choicest gifts in store

On her be pleased to pour,

Long may she reign.

May she defend our laws,

And give us ever cause,

To sing with heart and voice,

God save the Queen.

Xarago   

^^it is better to sing that as oppossed to others like Guulwado Siyaado ..

lakiin idnki ba naga hormarey seeking asylum and sanctuary in the church of England claiming to be lost and diverted followers of the faith... :D

Yeniceri   

^^

Sounds like the cyber meeting of the ... community in the Diaspora is officially in progress.

Any more :D faces and the ridiculous ii camir, waan kuu camiraa self-improvement tactics of the VL?

No inflammatory terms.

[ January 19, 2006, 01:36: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Castro   

^ Too bad you would use a term such as [*edited*] on your own brethren even if you disagree with them. We're all bloody [*edited*] unless you're one of those who held a gun at the [*edited*]. Either way it's disgusting. Shame on you Yeniceri, shame on you.

Edited that term you qouted.

[ January 19, 2006, 01:39: Message edited by: Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ]

Yeniceri   

^^

Oh, c'mon, Fidel! :D You're spoiling all the fun. A sense of light humor would do you much good, sxb, especially in the war of words zone known officially as SOL Politics.

And the comments are always in reference to the diehard fans of any individual or political entity in Somalia/land - they're all failures in my eyes, systems and individuals. I adhere to none so I'm automatically above all. Comprende, senor?

p.s. Somali politics is primitive politics. Mud-slinging is by no means exclusive to our politics but we seem to excel in it for some odd reason.