Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

UDUB have won!!!!!

Waaq   

Troubling developments indeed... We have several well-known folks in our community declaring a victor before the results have been released. Now that the actual results show something different than what they had hoped, this is somehow not democracy.

from all reports I have read the system used in the elections was both well designed and thorough. Moreover, most independent monitors declared the election free and fair. In any close election (80 votes) there will be contraversy, but what Somaliland needs is for Silaayno to accept the result. It is a first and crucial step to the recognition of Somalialand to the world community.

If UDUB fails, than it is likely Kulmiye will win the next election. I for one do not think that either man or party will have a decidedly different effect on Somaliland. What is likely to have the most effect is a smooth transition of power, and the continued ability of the government to provide safety and security for all residents of Somaliland without regard to clan status.

Ultimately, it has been the people of Somaliland that are responsible for its success not the so called leaders. These leaders need only to provide the base for the naturally enterprising Somalias to take their welfare into their own hands.

PLEASE ACCEPT THE ELECTION RESULTS AS THIS IS WHAT SOMALILAND NEEDS.

Also, talk of Somali unification is a disservice to Somalis. Different states cooperate and prosper together. If each region or collection of regions is able to improve their situation through independence, more power to them. Maybe what is Somalia's future is a union similar to that of Europe. Only Allah knows.

I hope Somaliland succeeds in their endeavour, but also hope that this success does not translate into a surperiorty complex that hurts their relations with other Somalis.

my two cents...

Haashim   

Che Guevra, you're absouletly right and i agree with u, i'm not against the election and also acknowldege that election with corruption is better than without election, but i was always and will be INSHAALLAAH against seperation, and the reason is very simple;

separation = weakness,nationalism (tribalism), etc

unity = strength, brotherhood, and most importantly it's obligation as a muslim.

MUKULAAL MINANKEEDA JOOGTA MICI LIBAAXEEY LEEDAHAY

Gabbal   

Muraad I just had to use this:

separation
= weakness,nationalism (tribalism), etc

unity
= strength, brotherhood, and most importantly it's obligation as a muslim.

N.O.R.F   

Unity= When the interests of all the parties involved are obliged to and maintained!

To get there is like gettin from A to B, u need some sort of transport/vehicle, ie an election process in all areas cos at the moment its very obvious that we can not all get along.

Imagine wishing to meet someone who does'nt like u for past reasons which they find hard to forgive and forget but u wish to befreind them, how do u suppose u will change the thinking of that person in favour of what yr implying?

U want to befreind this person when u cant get along with others in yr own backyard????